I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:10 am

Well I lasted the full Motley Crue set. There's no doubting they put on a hell of a show, but strip away the pyrotechnics, the Alton Towers fairground ride and the dancing girls and you have (in my opinion) very ordinary music with a far less charismatic singer/band. I wouldn't swap any of them for Alice and co (Mick Mars would be a good reserve though).

They looked ready to retire though and I swear Vince Neil spent more time off the stage than on it. It's fair to say I'm not a fan of his, in fact I find him a pretty vile all-round person.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 am

One of the reasons I have not attended this round of touring with Motley Crue..is just that...Crue has been a sub-par band for a very long time. I think it is very generous of Alice to perform with them, because it gives "hope to the hopeless"....people see Alice perform and realize how excellent the standard has been set....and hopefully, Crue will be buried with kindness....but, Alice will gain new fans who probably are just opening their first copy of "School's Out". Just ask Marilyn Manson....the same happened to him. People were fans until they saw THE ORIGINAL and then realized that, "Dead Babies" is a WAY better song than "Beautiful People"....it's really hard to compete with Alice Cooper, because he will defeat any new band.

I am sure Motley Crue just cry every night...knowing they just got beat again by the Master. It's the truth.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:09 am

GailsFriend wrote:I am sure Motley Crue just cry every night...knowing they just got beat again by the Master. It's the truth.
I'm sure tears are streaming down their faces as they look in their bank accounts.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:11 am

I'm sure they're crying all the way to the bank.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:16 am

Also, Alice's generosity has nothing at all to do with it. It's receiving a generous pay check that has everything to do with it.

Plus the fact that he has to do half the work, assume little risk and make the same--if not more money--also has everything to do with it.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Nikki Sixx has been married 3 times, Tommy has been married 3 times, Vince has been married 4 times....I think they are crying because all their money is going to the ex-wives and kids. Mick Mars has a chronic spinal problem, and is crying in pain from the cost of prescriptions....

Alice is doing WAY better than Motley...

Truly, Alice is a BILLION DOLLAR BABY.....oh yeah I went there.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:02 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Nikki Sixx has been married 3 times, Tommy has been married 3 times, Vince has been married 4 times....I think they are crying because all their money is going to the ex-wives and kids. Mick Mars has a chronic spinal problem, and is crying in pain from the cost of prescriptions....

Alice is doing WAY better than Motley...

Truly, Alice is a BILLION DOLLAR BABY.....oh yeah I went there.

As far as I know though Motley Crue have all their own teeth and have no problems with sandwiches at Cooperstown.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 am

But at least Alice has his own hair!
Nikki Sixx looks like a drug addled Phyllis Diller with his fright wig! Mick Mars looks like he bought his wig off the "reduced for clearance" rack at Spencer Gifts!

Somewhere on the wide world of the internets there was--and maybe still is a web site devoted to the hilarity of old codger rockers and their toupees and wigs. It pointed out in detail how ridiculous these old men look in their hipster wigs.

I'll try and track it down and if I find it I will post it on this thread.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:31 am

pitkin88 wrote: As far as I know though Motley Crue have all their own teeth and have no problems with sandwiches at Cooperstown.
Do you even like Alice Cooper, the man?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:24 am

Oh, come on, Remarkably... Please don't feed the troll.

:x

Back to the theme of the thread, I find it easy to believe that there are many nice songs all nice and tucked away. The man (and his friends and partners) is smart like that. Maybe not a new album, but archive stuff for later.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:00 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: As far as I know though Motley Crue have all their own teeth and have no problems with sandwiches at Cooperstown.
Do you even like Alice Cooper, the man?

Lighten up R-Silly. There has been A LOT of Motley bashing here of late and I made a funny response to Gail's Friends rather silly post. The sandwich thing was what someone else posted in the teeth thread another member alerted me to ( that I did not participate in ). I notice you didn't chastise her over poor Mick's constant pain and struggling to pay for his medicene. I am not sure what you mean by Alice the man. I only know the performer as I expect most of us do. When I did meet him, for about a minute, he seemed pretty nice.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Now that the Crue/Cooper tour has ended...we can focus on more important things...like new music from Alice. The Master doesn't take well to sitting still for very long...so, I imagine/predict that we will be seeing a new album soon. Excited. :laugh:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:25 pm

Read the Tommy interview from a few days ago for more

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:33 am

Great, looking forward for a new album.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:24 am

worryingly they seemed to praise the eyes of alice cooper type approach. Which for me would be a woeful step back.
I for one want more intelligent, dark material with a bit of bite.
Fingers crossed :)

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:44 pm

I think he could do an "Eyes" approach....but, put Ezrin at the board....and we have take off!!! Ezrin has good arrangement and production abilities, which "Eyes" was lacking.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:42 am

We've heard the results of what Ezrin can do in the 2010's - W2MN - no thanks.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:55 am

What about Roy Thomas Baker? He did well with Queen...and Alice...but, if you wanna see what Ezrin can do outside of Alice....listen to Phish "Fuego"....I thought he did a great job.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am

I'd rather hear an album that comes off as consistent as Eyes or DD than ACAS or W2MN. W2MN has 4 songs that I can tolerate, and the two leftovers that were released as bonus tracks were great, but I'd rather listen to Trash over the majority of that album. After the last two albums, I vowed not to purchase another album without listening too it first, and I'm glad I followed through with that, because the Vampires album is garbage. I expected more from Johnny Depp, because he did move to Hollywood to pursue a career as a musician with his band The Kids and has a writing credit for a ballad on The Rock City Angels album Young Man's Blues which is cool and has a very cool riff, but him nor Alice showed any spark of creativity on that album. I love Roxie's songwriting though, and I think that the current band could churn out some good rock n' roll tunes.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:43 am

GailsFriend wrote:I think he could do an "Eyes" approach....but, put Ezrin at the board....and we have take off!!! Ezrin has good arrangement and production abilities, which "Eyes" was lacking.
After the Hollywood Blandpyres I hope no Ezrin.