I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:01 pm

dadascot wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:I think the way it works with a lot of artists these days is that the recording costs are covered by the artist themselves or investors. I believe Donald Trump was an investor in Neil Young's last album (I'm not kidding).

The main part of getting a label is to gain access to wide distrbution networks. As time goes on this is getting less and less important as it won't be long until nearly all music is purchased digitally.

Digital distribution cuts out all of the costs with making and distributing physical product and this is the main reason people were brainwashed into downloading songs. It saves the entertainment conglomerates BILLIONS in costs. This was done not for the convenience of the consumer--it was done to save the corportations untold billions of dollars in costs.

The positive thing is that the same technolgy that saves the corporations billions has made it possible for artists to be able to make a living free of any label. The record deal does not mean as much as it did twenty years ago. Especially for an artist like Alice.
And sadly this would be the final death knell of the album cover (sigh)

That pretty much died with the cd.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:07 pm

dadascot wrote:
And sadly this would be the final death knell of the album cover (sigh)
Anyone see the brilliant & right on the money commentary from Roger Daltrey on the "Whistle Test" about how the record companies shot themselves in the foot with CD's & killed an art form (album covers) in the process?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:26 am

GailsFriend wrote:For months, we heard Alice say that the Hollywood Vampires album is "finished". Let's look at this, he is with Bob Ezrin....and several other musicians....what keeps him from recording new music? I believe a new album is a) done or b) nearly done. What do you think?
Oh dude, I really hope so! :smack:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:02 am

As far as I know, that's the only thing we've heard about a future album, and the way he referred to it as 'my album' makes me think it's a solo project away from HV.
i hope he has a studio album of the alice cooper variety in the works. would be interesting if mazza is on the album (being a fan of Mr. manson) this might also suggest a darker turn....

I guess not having a record company can hurt with release schedules tho (as with the last few albums or is that coincidence?)

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I think the way it works with a lot of artists these days is that the recording costs are covered by the artist themselves or investors.
Bands on a label still receive advancements but it's not as much as it used to be. Some bands do crowdfunding or front the money themselves but it's mostly indie Bands or ones who didn't receive as much of an advance.
I believe Donald Trump was an investor in Neil Young's last album (I'm not kidding).
You're thinking of Pono, his music player.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:57 pm

From Saint&Sinner:
"I guess not having a record company can hurt with release schedules tho (as with the last few albums or is that coincidence?"

Which are you referring to?

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

it just seemed like his post eyes albums have all taken forever to come out, there may have been other things at play, i genuinely cant remember.
Maybe its just how alice talks sometimes, i might get the impression the album is done when in fact it is still a ways off

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:10 pm

From Saint&Sinner:
"it just seemed like his post eyes albums have all taken forever to come out,"

I don't recall any delays.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Considering his touring schedule is ending in December.....I suspect a new album will be released by April. Alice really isn't one to rest for very long...and a new tour for the Summer....yes. It's gonna happen soon.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:33 pm

A new album by next April? That's a bold prediction!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:38 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:A new album by next April? That's a bold prediction!

What are the odds on that 100-1?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:30 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:A new album by next April? That's a bold prediction!

What are the odds on that 100-1?
I'd say more like 1,000,000 to 1.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:48 pm

So, rather than contribute your point of view...you would rather shoot mine down? Tell me what you think is gonna happen after Alice stops touring in December....retire? make new music? release another greatest hits package? take up knitting? You have an opinion...offer it....and be interesting, because what you said before was boring....
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 pm

GailsFriend wrote:So, rather than contribute your point of view...you would rather shoot mine down? Tell me what you think is gonna happen after Alice stops touring in December....retire? make new music? release another greatest hits package? take up knitting? You have an opinion...offer it....and be interesting, because what you said before was boring....

Well you could take up a bet. There is really nothing to back up your suspicion. It's not boring to say you are delusional. What is it 2 new tracks in the three plus years since WTMN2? He has been packaging the greatest hits live seemingly forever. A continuation of this is likely to continue. After The Hollywood Vampires with its gala of the stars selling poorly why do you think he is ready to bang out a new record by April or whatever?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:12 pm

I think that what we will see over the next few years is the closing out of a remarkable career. I think most likely what will happen in 2016 is that Alice and the rest of the original band members will be doing more together as a unit. I also wouldn't be too surprised if there are some shows with the original band--likely intimate shows at small venues. I wouldn't be surprised if there is also some new material released from the original band. I wouldn't go so far to say a full album but I would think we will be hearing new music from them.

I think Alice will probably go back on the road--especially for some summer dates here in the USA and likely through the end of the year. I would think if there are shows with the original band members it would happen during this time.

I would think it will be another greatest hits/legacy show as we've seen which will rely heavily on the music of the original band with a few classic Alice solo songs in the set.

It's easy to see that Alice is enjoying celelbrating his past and reconnecting with his old band mates/friends. Like I said in a previous thread--he has come full circle in his career and it wouldn't surprise me one bit that he closes out his career where he started--back with the original band.

I don't think Alice will ever fully retire but again everyone has to take into consideration his age. He is approaching 70 years old and there will come a time when it all becomes to look ridiculous. I think Alice has enough self-awareness to know when that times finally comes around.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Makes me wonder how much of this stuff is on his mind when he's out there w/ the Crue, whether he's pondering over when it will be his time for a final tour. didn't show his age at all on Monday, but i suppose the clock's ticking now.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Don't forget his Mick Jagger quote.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:54 pm

GailsFriend wrote:So, rather than contribute your point of view...you would rather shoot mine down? Tell me what you think is gonna happen after Alice stops touring in December....retire? make new music? release another greatest hits package? take up knitting? You have an opinion...offer it....and be interesting, because what you said before was boring....
Firstly, I apologise if my response to your post caused any upset (that certainly wasn't my intention, I just wouldn't expect to see an album that quickly).

I actually have no idea what he will do next. On the one hand, he's more than capable of churning out a, hopefully very decent, new solo album and I suspect it could in theory be released within 12 months.

But on the other hand, he has 2 notable other avenues to explore and he and 'the team' may currently be considering which one to take. Alternatively, he has a different schedule this year to normal so they may not decide anything till early 2016.

Regardless of this, he just took the roof off Wembley Arena and I have little doubt that many more years still lie ahead. Let's wait and see how things pan out but history suggests we shouldn't underestimate him!

Now, to suffer 2 hours of a lesser band then off to the hotel...
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:56 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Don't forget his Mick Jagger quote.
Steel Wheelchairs Tour 2020!
:rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:12 am

wind_up_toy wrote: Regardless of this, he just took the roof off Wembley Arena
This. So much this.
Anyone who thinks Alice is even thinking in terms of a final tour just needs to go see him perform, and after the show he is more alive and has more energy them most of the people in the audience!
wind_up_toy wrote: Now, to suffer 2 hours of a lesser band then off to the hotel...
I lasted about 15 minutes.... Nice lights though :)