Alice Cooper The Final Years

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Alice Cooper The Final Years

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:46 am

As Mr Barlow said, old snake eyes is approaching 70 and entering the final phase of his career. So before the pipe and slippers what do you want to see? More Vampires or collaborations, band re-union, albums?

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice Cooper The Final Years

Post by evil syd » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:40 am

No, noooooooooooo more Hollywood vampire stuff!!!!!!!11...... :nono:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:44 am

I think Alice is determined to go on and on, until debilitating illness, or dropping dead, stops him in his tracks. He'll probably end up as the rock equivalent of Angela Lansbury; still playing theatres at 90!

If he were to ask fans for future ideas, then I'd request that his next album embodies the spirit of 'Raw Power', rather than 'Appetite For Destruction'. He might also consider collaborating with some new musicians.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 pm

I would like to see him go back and do a really heavy album and a couple of albums that are more guitar oriented (in other works bring back some blazing guitar solos). The Hollywood Vampires album has its moments and Alice is in good voice but I don't consider it an Alice album at all. I would like to see him get a little more experimental with the setlist. As far as reuniting with the original band, I may be in the minority but I have no desire for that to occur. I think Alice needs to continue to move forward and frankly the masses always considered Alice more or less a solo artist anyway. I also think it would be interesting if Alice did what many other artists are doing and maybe played an entire album from start to finish. Obviously he does a ton of the original band's material (and some staples from his solo career like Poison), but I would love to hear him do something like perform The Last Temptation album from start to finish.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:58 pm

I would like to see him shake up his band, hire a true killer band (chuck is great but the rest have left me cold for some time - not that they often get album credits anyway)
More musicianship, some killer guitar solos and heavier approach. alice always seems to enjoy the heavier stuff. never heard him as enthused as the kane roberts days.

Just no more covers! maybe take a listen to the European sound these days get more exposure to that classic metal style.

im happy with most things tho, just bored of boring cover songs, please whatever he decides, no more Hollywood vampires hahha

i think he almost transcends age tho so i think as long as hes into it there should be at least something to like.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:12 pm

pitkin88 wrote:As Mr Barlow said, old snake eyes is approaching 70 and entering the final phase of his career. So before the pipe and slippers what do you want to see? More Vampires or collaborations, band re-union, albums?
Quite happy with Alice doing all of the above. I would like to hear a new album maybe tackling societal/world issues (a bit like Brutal Planet did but without the industrial metal sound). I like screaming guitars but with enough space between the notes to hear them- so a garage rock sound. If I was looking for a Collab(new word?), then I would get Jack White and if we were talking Hollywood Vamps I would get the aforementioned Mr White involved in guitars and production.

It's funny that Alice sort of predicted on The Strange Case Video (VHS 1978ish Cooper et al lol) that he would keep going as long as people could take it/wanted it. Given the look of him then that seemed unlikely. He will do what he wants of course and we will argue as to whether we like it!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Riff oriented arena rock - not metal, not garage, but spooky, majestic rock. See if Hank Shermann is available, maybe Steve Hunter, Mikky Dee and Dennis. Maybe Rick Rubin could twiddle the knobs

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:35 pm

rick rubin gets allot of press but his results are patchy at best.
It seems most of his best producing work occurs with him not in the room (e.g. danzig) just look at the mess he made of metallica's last album. Just dreadful compressed garbage

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:46 pm

I haven't enjoyed Alice's latest work starting with ACAS so shaking up is what I'd want. I stated elsewhere that I wouldn't mind new material from HV even though I wouldn't get my hopes up that it would be earth-shattering. Just that he would be working with new people and it might come out interesting. By far my top pick would be working with Dennis, Neal, and Michael. Based on the power of WHCM on W2MN I would actually get my hopes up for something significant.

After that for his own sake I'd recommend he does a whole album of ballads or even some religious songs. These seem like things close to his heart and sometimes the best stuff comes out that way, even though I doubt I'd enjoy it.

At this stage of Bob Ezrin's career I also see a decline in terms of edginess, so working with Bob no longer holds the appeal to me it once did. It seems when Alice and Bob work together (going back a long way with the exception of Dada) they try to be funny and this undercuts their work. This was especially true on W2MN.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Personally, I can't stand all that preening classic rock, 80s metal, stadium shredding guff. If Alice were to look back for inspiration, I'd rather have a fire and brimstone follow-up to 'Brutal Planet' (with his current band), than a 'Trash' soundalike; then tour it.

If he were to look forward, how about collaborating with one of the newer all-female bands. No polish; just ten, three minute tracks of scuzz and fuzz, whacked out over a couple of days.

And please, no more nightmares, Bob Ezrin 'kitchen sink' productions, or Spinal Tap tour buddies.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:42 pm

I'd really like to see ALL the albums played in full. I'd really like the original band to cover their stuff after that I am not concerned as to who he uses. The albums are pretty short so PFY and Easy Action could be one night followed by LITD and Killer then School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies. Seven is an odd number so MOL could be done w ACGH. The duplicates songs on ACGH could be replaced by Slick Black Limousine and maybe the odd surprise. I would be open for any guitarist to fill in for Glen but would prefer someone from that era:RRV, Mick Mashbir or Steve Hunter.

I'd really love to see Da Da performed live. Not one track has ever been played on stage.

These initial shows would be played in major cities: London, LA, NYC etc.

I'd also like a farewell studio album from the band with Ezrin as a way to wrap things up.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:rick rubin gets allot of press but his results are patchy at best.
It seems most of his best producing work occurs with him not in the room (e.g. danzig) just look at the mess he made of metallica's last album. Just dreadful compressed garbage
and he got some fantastic results with Johnny Cash - a man at the end of his career, so I choose to focus on that

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Great work with Cash but has he done it with anyone else? How was the Sabbath album? I'm wondering if he is a fan. If not I'd prefer someone else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:18 pm

From Pitkin88:
"I'm wondering if he is a fan."

I may have already mentioned that, apparently, he asked Alice to sing on "Personal Jesus", but I don't think that vocal was used.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:20 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Pitkin88:
"I'm wondering if he is a fan."

I may have already mentioned that, apparently, he asked Alice to sing on "Personal Jesus", but I don't think that vocal was used.

Yes you did thanks for reminding me.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Pitkin88 wrote "I'd also like a farewell studio album from the band with Ezrin as a way to wrap things up."

That's a super idea.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:20 pm

A live performance of "I Like Girls" with a surprise appearance by Lady Gaga performing the Patty Donahue part.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:51 am

i just want a tour w/ a load of new stuff, do something edgy like a load of classic stuff that's never/rarely been done before, but this is a debate we've had many times and it's never going to happen. i just hope all this cover crap is out his system, cos if the next tour has 6 covers in it instead of Alice songs, my money's staying in my pocket.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:02 am

1 an album of new material (as much as I like HV) with at least half of the songs collaborations with Neal, Dennis, and MB

2 the new stuff to be straight ahead rock mixed with songs with some variety thrown in, along the same lines as 'crazy little child' and 'blue turk' for instance.

3 no more albums about slasher serial killers

4 a series of gigs by the old band and steve Hunter, including one in Scotland, playing the old material

5 scarlet and Sheba and dada played live.

6 the two nightmare albums done as a stage extravaganza

Ok some of these contradict each other but if he was to do any of the above I would be happy!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:11 pm

I would just like Alice to enjoy what he's doing. He doesn't owe us anything. A new album here and there would be great.