Hollywood Vampires Chart performance

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Hollywood Vampires Chart performance

Post by recoop » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:14 am

Too early as of now for chart appearance, I think, but I reckon the album is going to chart in US and I reckon UK. I wouldn't be surprised if it managed top twenty in both. Any predictions(or any information)?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Hollywood Vampires Chart performance

Post by Devon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:46 am

For the U.S. this is a "building chart" so it's information being compiled through the day.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart

Right now it's at #24 (could fluctuate as more sales data comes in through the day.)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 am

Devon wrote:For the U.S. this is a "building chart" so it's information being compiled through the day.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart

Right now it's at #24 (could fluctuate as more sales data comes in through the day.)
There has been a ton of press for the first live show so that should help no end.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:44 am

I reckon having Johnny Depp feature on it will help it no end, especially in the States.
It will target a different kind of audience no doubt.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Devon wrote:Right now it's at #24 (could fluctuate as more sales data comes in through the day.)
It's made it to #17 in the 6 hours since you posted this. Can't wait to see where it lands.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:58 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:I reckon having Johnny Depp feature on it will help it no end, especially in the States.

His recent movies have bombed not sure why you would think his presence would help music sales.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:05 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:I reckon having Johnny Depp feature on it will help it no end, especially in the States.

His recent movies have bombed not sure why you would think his presence would help music sales.
Whether that's true or not I have no idea. I enjoyed Dark Shadows but can't recall anything he has done film wise recently apart from that. My comment was based on the fact that Johnny Depp is still arguably one of the top ten male actors in the USA and no doubt possesses quite a large sized fan base. I'm sure he's still pretty popular with the females over there as well.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:19 pm

pitkin88 wrote:

Umm.. because the success of any recent movies is irrelevant. He's still one of, if not THE biggest movie star on the planet.
Just look at the press the project has been getting. Apart from direct interviews with Alice it's 90% Depp orientated. He is a celebrity with a capital 'C'. When he farts some rag covers it!! He has MILLIONS of teenage girls following (and buying) everything he does.
Trust me, I've been sifting through all that stuff to find useful things for two weeks!! One article in a national newspaper about the shows this week spent more time on what his wife was wearing then anyone in the band!!!!!
Why? because she was Johnny Depp's wife!!
There was no mention that Sheryl or Perry's wife were there (and they were).

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Still no proof he equates to album sales. How many bums on seats did he sell for The Lone Ranger? you lot are delusional.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:55 pm

UK chart entry at #30.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:21 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Still no proof he equates to album sales. How many bums on seats did he sell for The Lone Ranger?
In just the opening weekend alone in the US it apparently took in $29,210,849, putting it at #2 for the week. Overall so far it has taken over $260 million at theaters.

The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise (new film coming I believe) has so far taken over $1,279,221,957... and that is before the merchandise, DVDs, TV rights, theme parks etc.

According to BoxOfficeMojo (who track this stuff) he is currently the 10th most successful actor OF ALL TIME in terms of box office gross, with many of the people above him having made many many more films then Depp.

He was paid $55million for the last Pirates movie... They obviously think he brings in the crowds.

So some movies don`t make as much money as those. Perhaps he is well aware they won`t but WANTS to do them along side the blockbusters, like with the Vampires. With his status he can pick and choose what he wants to do. He certainly doesn`t need the money. He owns a goddamn island as a holiday home!!
pitkin88 wrote: you lot are delusional.
Sure we are.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Still no proof he equates to album sales. How many bums on seats did he sell for The Lone Ranger? you lot are delusional.
Look at it like this:

I'm a massive Alice fan so I will go to all of his UK based shows and buy all his albums. He featured in the Film Dark Shadows so I went to the cinema to watch it as well as purchasing the DVD when released.

Someone who is a massive Johnny Depp fan will have been to see all his films and brought the DVD's.
In this instance Johnny Depp has featured on a music album (his first I would have thought) and no doubt the majority of his fans have heard at least a handful of the original songs off this album and would have gone out and brought the CD because Johnny Depp's on it.

In terms of popularity you could argue that where there is 1m Alice fans then there's 20m Johnny Depp fans.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:33 pm

bigbradwolf wrote: In this instance Johnny Depp has featured on a music album (his first I would have thought)
I think its the first album he has been featured throughout (which is probably what you meant), but far from his first recorded performance. He's appeared as a guest on records by Oasis, Marilyn Manson, and a few others. He's even on Steve Hunter's last solo album 'Manhattan Blues Project'.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Still no proof he equates to album sales. How many bums on seats did he sell for The Lone Ranger?
In just the opening weekend alone in the US it apparently took in $29,210,849, putting it at #2 for the week. Overall so far it has taken over $260 million at theaters.

The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise (new film coming I believe) has so far taken over $1,279,221,957... and that is before the merchandise, DVDs, TV rights, theme parks etc.

According to BoxOfficeMojo (who track this stuff) he is currently the 10th most successful actor OF ALL TIME in terms of box office gross, with many of the people above him having made many many more films then Depp.

He was paid $55million for the last Pirates movie... They obviously think he brings in the crowds.

So some movies don`t make as much money as those. Perhaps he is well aware they won`t but WANTS to do them along side the blockbusters, like with the Vampires. With his status he can pick and choose what he wants to do. He certainly doesn`t need the money. He owns a goddamn island as a holiday home!!
Sure we are.

Lone Ranger
Budget: $215,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend: $29,210,849 (USA) (5 July 2013)
Gross: $89,289,910 (USA) (4 October 2013)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:46 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Still no proof he equates to album sales. How many bums on seats did he sell for The Lone Ranger? you lot are delusional.
Look at it like this:

I'm a massive Alice fan so I will go to all of his UK based shows and buy all his albums. He featured in the Film Dark Shadows so I went to the cinema to watch it as well as purchasing the DVD when released.

Someone who is a massive Johnny Depp fan will have been to see all his films and brought the DVD's.
In this instance Johnny Depp has featured on a music album (his first I would have thought) and no doubt the majority of his fans have heard at least a handful of the original songs off this album and would have gone out and brought the CD because Johnny Depp's on it.

In terms of popularity you could argue that where there is 1m Alice fans then there's 20m Johnny Depp fans.

but does that mean they are fans of his music? The album is as stiff as Dark Shadows. It will probably sell around the same as last Cooper albums. Did Kesha and Vince Gill put WTMN2 sales through the roof?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:49 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:

Sure we are.

Lone Ranger
Budget: $215,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend: $29,210,849 (USA) (5 July 2013)
Gross: $89,289,910 (USA) (4 October 2013)
Worldwide gross $260million... Or doesn`t anywhere outside the US matter? And that's before TV rights, DVD etc. I don`t think the studio were hurt by it.

Nice of you to spotlight just one film though avoiding the bigger picture because it doesn`t support your view...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 pm

pitkin88 wrote: but does that mean they are fans of his music?
It doesn`t really matter. Many will buy copies just because there is a photo of him on the cover (or maybe, my copy has still yet to arrive from universal)
pitkin88 wrote: The album is as stiff as Dark Shadows. It will probably sell around the same as last Cooper albums. Did Kesha and Vince Gill put WTMN2 sales through the roof?
Of course not. They have nowhere near the fanbase as Depp.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ffice.html

There have been five bombs in a row. Nice of you to not spotlight that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: but does that mean they are fans of his music?
It doesn`t really matter. Many will buy copies just because there is a photo of him on the cover (or maybe, my copy has still yet to arrive from universal)
pitkin88 wrote: The album is as stiff as Dark Shadows. It will probably sell around the same as last Cooper albums. Did Kesha and Vince Gill put WTMN2 sales through the roof?
Of course not. They have nowhere near the fanbase as Depp.

Hilarious. They are musicians. What music fan base does Depp have? Most fans probably have no idea he is even a musician. I am not knocking Depp just this stupid arsed idea that his name will equate to music sales.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:55 pm

pitkin88 wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ffice.html

There have been five bombs in a row. Nice of you to not spotlight that.
Because it isn`t relevant to his general star status. He is STILL a HUGE star with a HUGE following.