Thoughts on the new album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Thoughts on the new album

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:05 pm

I think you know what Evil Syd was implying. Not sure why you are getting so uppity. Nice job protecting the name.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:37 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Keith1980:
"Well he has said hed like to go back and remake some of those songs"

Yes, I know but it doesn't mean that it's going to happen just because he's involved in this particular album.
Well ur close to him. Or closer to hime than we are. Nag him. Lol. J/k

And while ur at it nag him on the paris special uggg.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:01 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Just listening to I'm A Boy, like it very much and definitely one of the stronger cover tracks.
Is I'm a Boy available as a legal download anywhere ?

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:45 am

killer wolf wrote: "i guess you're just trying to be clever or show off or something, cos that's not what he goes be. especially not from you."
"that's not what he goes be, especially not from you"?
killer wolf, you're right, it is especially not from me. what the hell does that mean? *surrender*
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am

nurserozetta wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Just listening to I'm A Boy, like it very much and definitely one of the stronger cover tracks.
Is I'm a Boy available as a legal download anywhere ?
Not that I am aware of.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Finally found the time to chime in... I can't get enough of this album! Freaking Bob Ezrin. He puts the most work into pulling great performances out of people. Love the sequencing and production. The mix is very nicely layered, and each time that I listen, I seem to pick out a new performance. Alice sounds absolutely fantastic. I am so glad to hear his singing voice again. "Jump Into The Fire" is incredible. And I love his little twist to the lyric "feed the ducks with a bun" on Itchycoo.

I can't clap loudly enough for this record.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Dannorama wrote:Finally found the time to chime in... I can't get enough of this album! Freaking Bob Ezrin. He puts the most work into pulling great performances out of people. Love the sequencing and production. The mix is very nicely layered, and each time that I listen, I seem to pick out a new performance. Alice sounds absolutely fantastic. I am so glad to hear his singing voice again. "Jump Into The Fire" is incredible. And I love his little twist to the lyric "feed the ducks with a bun" on Itchycoo.

If you find this incredible what was it like hearing LITD and Killer. I think you must be the only person who thinks Ezrin's production here is anything more than average. There's no Ezrin stamp on this at all. You mught want to seek out some of the original songs. Maybe you'll like them. I know there are some educated people here who have never heard the obscure Jeepster.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Jeepster is my favorite track on the album and the one where I find Ezrin's production also to be the best of this album.

I agree that this does not rank up there with any of Ezrin's best work. To me, Dada is my favorite as I've never heard anything quite like it--it just pulls you into it's world.

Pink Floyd's The Wall is to me one of the best sounding--if not THE BEST sounding albums ever made!

HV sounds good but nothing stellar. Ezrin most likely just having fun along with the rest of them--not trying to change the world--but just trying to capture the fun and rocking vibe that was going on.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 pm

mr.barlow wrote:Jeepster is my favorite track on the album and the one where I find Ezrin's production also to be the best of this album.

I agree that this does not rank up there with any of Ezrin's best work. To me, Dada is my favorite as I've never heard anything quite like it--it just pulls you into it's world.

Pink Floyd's The Wall is to me one of the best sounding--if not THE BEST sounding albums ever made!

HV sounds good but nothing stellar. Ezrin most likely just having fun along with the rest of them--not trying to change the world--but just trying to capture the fun and rocking vibe that was going on.
Well said! This captures exactly my opinion (except I think itchycoo park and whole lotta love are the two stand outs) Ezrin has captured the 'good rockin' feel of this album along with some powerhouse rythnm section. I think the constant carping at Depp, mainly aimed at the fact he is principally an actor, is cheap and Unfounded. His work on here is more than adequate. He was a musician before he was an actor. Every guitar track on here is far, far superior to anything Kane Roberts managed.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:54 pm

dadascot wrote: far superior to anything Kane Roberts managed.
Setting the bar low, but I agree.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:07 pm

darkmenace wrote:
dadascot wrote: far superior to anything Kane Roberts managed.
Setting the bar low, but I agree.

You either love Kane or hate him. Horrible ham fisted noodling.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:49 pm

No matter if it sells a lot more copies or not this project is a great success for Alice. He managed to make a covers album a big event, which by itself is unusual. There are certain people on this board who hate hearing this, but I believe it enhances Alice's credibility and adds to his career legacy.

I don't plan to buy the album, just not a fan of cover albums. But I've heard most if not all the songs and a lot of them sound good even if, perhaps, none are particularly great. A great cover of a classic song might have caught on with the public and gotten airplay, but I don't see that happening so far.

Nonetheless a solid effort and a good transition towards his next solo album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:58 am

darkmenace wrote:No matter if it sells a lot more copies or not this project is a great success for Alice. He managed to make a covers album a big event, which by itself is unusual. There are certain people on this board who hate hearing this, but I believe it enhances Alice's credibility and adds to his career legacy.

I don't plan to buy the album, just not a fan of cover albums. But I've heard most if not all the songs and a lot of them sound good even if, perhaps, none are particularly great. A great cover of a classic song might have caught on with the public and gotten airplay, but I don't see that happening so far.

Nonetheless a solid effort and a good transition towards his next solo album.

Does he need credibilty though.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:26 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Does he need credibilty though.
I don't know if he "needs" it but it is a nice thing to have.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Like most bad recipes when you throw in too many in-greed-ients along with the kitsch-en sink you come up with a dish that can only leave a bad taste in your mouth... :( :yawn: :bam:

I gave it a 1

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Dannorama wrote:Finally found the time to chime in... I can't get enough of this album! Freaking Bob Ezrin. He puts the most work into pulling great performances out of people. Love the sequencing and production. The mix is very nicely layered, and each time that I listen, I seem to pick out a new performance. Alice sounds absolutely fantastic. I am so glad to hear his singing voice again. "Jump Into The Fire" is incredible. And I love his little twist to the lyric "feed the ducks with a bun" on Itchycoo.

If you find this incredible what was it like hearing LITD and Killer. I think you must be the only person who thinks Ezrin's production here is anything more than average. There's no Ezrin stamp on this at all. You mught want to seek out some of the original songs. Maybe you'll like them. I know there are some educated people here who have never heard the obscure Jeepster.

I am listening the little voice that's telling me not to rise to your bait.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:45 pm

I just tried to listen to this again...

I'm rescinding my 1 vote and going with 0

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Parish wrote:I just tried to listen to this again...

Maybe just try individual tracks. In one go it would be nearly impossible.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:52 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Parish wrote:I just tried to listen to this again...

Maybe just try individual tracks. In one go it would be nearly impossible.
You might have a point there...

Its just such a vanity project even though I understand the proceeds are going to help a needy organization, etc...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 9e93f0.jpg

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:56 pm

And where the hell is Michael Bruce on this thing... :angry: