Similar to "Only Women Bleed"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Similar to "Only Women Bleed"

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Depends on if it makes any money. Personally I always thought Procal Harum had a case.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:21 pm

funny,ms. peters answers a couple comments on the video,but seems rather mum on the plagarism

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 pm

scotty wrote:funny,ms. peters answers a couple comments on the video,but seems rather mum on the plagarism
To be fair her posted comments are from 7 months ago. She may not have seen recent comments, and it would probably be unwise to personally comment on the similarities on somewhere like YouTube.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:29 pm

I know its unlikley but where does copyright law sit if she hypotheticaly speaking has never heard an Alice Cooper song in her life (or whomever wrote this) and its an entirely original piece that happens to sound like OWB. As unlikely as it is that could happen. I guess what is more likely is someone passively hears a song then unwittingly copys it yet thinks its there own idea

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 am

rgallie wrote:I know its unlikley but where does copyright law sit if she hypotheticaly speaking has never heard an Alice Cooper song in her life (or whomever wrote this) and its an entirely original piece that happens to sound like OWB. As unlikely as it is that could happen. I guess what is more likely is someone passively hears a song then unwittingly copys it yet thinks its there own idea

There would be no way to prove if she had heard it or not so It would make no difference at all. I agree with the last part of your statement.

The odds on a single song making tons of money these days, unless you are Taylor Swift and the like, is pretty remote. Bringing in laws and litigation would probably be not worth the trouble in this case.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 pm

rgallie wrote:I know its unlikley but where does copyright law sit if she hypotheticaly speaking has never heard an Alice Cooper song in her life (or whomever wrote this) and its an entirely original piece that happens to sound like OWB. As unlikely as it is that could happen. I guess what is more likely is someone passively hears a song then unwittingly copys it yet thinks its there own idea
The best reference for this would be the lawsuit brought against George Harrison in the 1970s regarding "My Sweet Lord" being a rip-off of "He's So Fine".

It would be best to google the incident and read it for yourself. It ended with Harrison settling out of court.

I am a HUGE George Harrison fan but to be fair--the songs are VERY close.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:14 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
The best reference for this would be the lawsuit brought against George Harrison in the 1970s regarding "My Sweet Lord" being a rip-off of "He's So Fine".

It would be best to google the incident and read it for yourself. It ended with Harrison settling out of court.

I don't think it was intentional but I do think it was right George had to cough up.

Docwyoming
Trash
Trash

Post by Docwyoming » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:28 am

mr.barlow wrote:

For a further irony.... Dick Wagner coulda been sued for ripping off George's Isn't It a Pity for OWB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_ZRatLl1o

Talk about full circle.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm

For a further irony.... Dick Wagner coulda been sued for ripping off George's Isn't It a Pity for OWB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_ZRatLl1o

Talk about full circle.[/quote]

I say nay to this one and thrice nay- listened again to this one- knew this song from when it came out- like the song but apart from mood I don't think DW could have been sued over this for OWB imho.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.