Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Goes to Hell tour

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:17 am

From pitkin88:
"No the album received promotion with ads in the major music papers."

There were also two major television appearances as well.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 am

recoop wrote:A bit of trivia- from my memory it was reported that Jethro Tull took up at least some of the tour dates/venues when AC cancelled- I remember thinking this seemed odd because Alice to me was a huge act(probably overblown in my own mind)- of course I now realise Jethro Tull were a big live draw in the USA in mid 70s
likely just something someone made up. Cancelled dates from the GTH tour do not jibe with JT's whereabouts on the TOTRAR tour, according to the Ministry of Information.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:42 am

I think the 30 date tour says it all. It was probably a bit of a stop gap until the next major show. My guess is it would have been an extension of WTMN with a few GTH songs thrown in.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 am

pitkin88 wrote:I think the 30 date tour says it all. It was probably a bit of a stop gap until the next major show. My guess is it would have been an extension of WTMN with a few GTH songs thrown in.
Think that might have worked with songs like Guilty and Wish You Were Here- as long as they didn't include I'm Going Home especially next to ILTD (sounds the same to me at times)

And to TB- you are probably correct re Jethro Tull- could be just journalistic fantasy
You are an individual, just like everybody else.