Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Post by Keith1980 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:01 am

I found these clips on youtube. Its alice and sheryl talking about their faith and how it fits in with rock music. Among other things. The main reason for posting this is to find out if anyone here has seen it and if their is a full video of this not clips. I talked to SI before posting this and SI was ok with it. Please follow the rules of the board and if you dont have any decent coments then dont comment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cliVOiMo3w0 Part 1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4h21tGsdM Part 2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EAM3soH-rqo Part 3?? Maybe??
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWPuRKo6oFA Part 4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXJo7WJUs8 Part 5
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgkkyMixAd8 Part 6

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:11 am

Maybe message the guy who posted them and ask him.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Hmmm...

Seems to be a shortage of "decent comments" about this... :x
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:29 pm

I've referenced these videos in other threads. It's my opinion that these videos offer us the closest glimpse we've ever seen of the real Alice Cooper--the person.

I have been a life long fan and this was the first time I've ever seen Alice completely free of the rock star persona. To me this was the best interview with Alice that I've ever seen.

If fans want to know what he is really like-----I would gather that this is it. In this video we see the guy that his family sees, his close friends see and the people in his church see. This is the guy who shows up at Bible study and prayer meetings, and the guy who shows up for a round of golf with his friends.

This interview illustrates to me how much not only the character of Alice, but the whole rock star persona is just part of the show.

It's stunning to think that the humble normal guy we see in this video could become the over-the-top iconic rock star that he plays for a living.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:35 am

well I watched the first 3 minutes of part 1 and he seems exactly the same and still trading on the Hendrix name, so I think we all have a pretty good idea about what AC is all about.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 am

Toronto Bob wrote:well I watched the first 3 minutes of part 1 and he seems exactly the same and still trading on the Hendrix name, so I think we all have a pretty good idea about what AC is all about.

He is pretty much on auto pilot here ( at least on part one. There is not enough interest for me to sit through the rest of it ) but it is entertaining especially with the congregation and their whoopings and laughter. I do wonder if his best mate Jimi will invite him up onstage when he arrives up there though.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:36 pm

The interesting thing about this video to me is Sheryl. She just seems totally amazing. To be as young as she was when they met not knowing a thing about rock seeing him go from alcohol to coke and never really leaving him. Yeah she filed for devorice but i truly think that was to light a fire under him to get his act str8. This video really shows a strong marriage.

Im just learning about the whole cindy lang thing and IMO alice would be dead had they stayed together. That opinon only comes from watching the extras on super duper alice cooper. Where he talks about his new album WTMN. Shes present their.

Alice was far better off with sheryl

Screw the story of Shep Gordon id like to see a documentry on sheryl lol that has to be more interesting. LOL. PK Daughter goes home tells her parents shes not only going to be in a year plus tour with a ROCK AND ROLL singer but this guy cuts up baby dolls cuts his head off sings about making love to a dead woman and by the way were getting married lol. And if that isnt enough he has the name of a woman and made u his own last name lol. And he drinks all day. How this 18 year old girl saved this drunk rock star is increadable to think about. She really took a risk with him. She rolled the dice and it worked out almost 40 years later they are still together.

Btw

If you saw Alice in paris special. The opening to schools out where hes at the desk trying to coppy off of someone elses papaer and the keyboard play (dewayne hittchings??) he starts tapping alice repeatedly on the shoulder and grabs his ear. LMAO. I font know why but i can see Sheryl doing that to alice lol

YOU PLAYED ENOUGH GOLF TODAY HELP ME WITH THE GROCERIES. LOL. THAT ENOUGH TV LOL The expresion on his face too lol.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:06 pm

I have never commented about AC's wife or children, but I suspect she dabbled in the coke in the late seventies - she's crazy thin just like Alice in TSCOAC video. But likely nowhere near the consumption of AC. I mean you can't be partnered with a druggie and alcoholic for so long and never partake

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Struggled to get through the six parts- part 1 was the worst for audience whooping- having previously been an alcoholcounsellor myself I was interested in Part 5-he seems to have a very good handle on how alcohol affected him and his need for a positive addiction in the shape of golf. People around folk with Alcohol/substance problems deal with it in different ways- I can see that a shared belief in a higher power would help a couple/some people- because Alice has slowed down his delivery, probably just for clarity, he seemed a bit preachy in part one but this feeling soon disappeared. I remember reading some time ago that a religious mentor of his had advised him to keep the Alice character alive on stage as that was a way to reach more people with a positive message. It can't be that easy portraying a character on stage continually that is very different from your own moral stance but as he says there is more humour in the act now and it is unlikely that followers will be drawn to the dark side of the character/act.As regards Sheryl TB, her thin figure could just have been down to good genes, good jeans and being a Ballerina. That's my thruppence worth.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:19 pm

The way i see it is

The videos here show Vince
Vince just plays alice

Changing his real name legaly was a smart move but this video and even in some of his music. I see vince not alice. Vince comes thru once in A while ballads are vince. Take it like a woman every woman has a name to me they both are clear examples of vince. I think if you listen to every wooman has a name and hear how hes singing you can tell its vince. It comes across in take it like a woman and only woman bleed. But his voice changes in those 2 and alice comes thru too. Softer voice is vince rock voice is alice. These videos we really see vince coming out but the alice character does come out. Take the lights the crowd and cameras away and then you see vince.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:26 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"but I suspect she dabbled in the coke in the late seventies"

Rather than casting aspersions on someone who isn't here to defend herself, go ahead and ask her - she's easy to find.

>I mean you can't be partnered with a druggie and alcoholic for so long and never partake.

Who says so?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:39 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Toronto Bob:

Rather than casting aspersions on someone who isn't here to defend herself, go ahead and ask her - she's easy to find.

>I mean you can't be partnered with a druggie and alcoholic for so long and never partake.

Who says so?

Out of curiosity how would one find her and why would you think she would respond?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:05 pm

From pitkin88:
"Out of curiosity how would one find her"

Take a guess.

>and why would you think she would respond?

She probably actually wouldn't dignify such a rude, hateful, speculative and potentially defamatory allegation like that - you're right. I do know though that at least one of her children read a lot of these posts and have up to now successfully resisted responding on various threads.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:07 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Toronto Bob:

Who says so?
I don't really see it as casting aspersions, that's on you. I merely picked up from Keith1980's comments about Sheryl being "amazing" sticking by Alice through his addictions. Well maybe she was amazing or at least at times she was - who knows. That's their business anyway. I just countered a bit with that chances are she did some partying herself just not as far and as long as AC.

Sorry amuk - I don't know what kind of relationships you have been in, but if someone likes booze and drugs, the other partner will too - for awhile at least.

Who the hell would try to contact a stranger and ask "Did you do coke back in the seventies?" What kind of idiot would do such a thing? Didn't your mom teach you manners?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:13 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:

Take a guess.

She probably actually wouldn't dignify such a rude, hateful, speculative and potentially defamatory allegation like that - you're right. I do know though that at least one of her children read a lot of these posts and have up to now successfully resisted responding on various threads.

Via her dance class? I have no idea.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Take a guess.

So you're encouraging people to contact Mrs. Coop to make what you deem "rude, hateful and potentially defamatory allegations" wow, nice guy you are - if the Coops think of you as some sort of friend - yikes.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:20 pm

I don't really see it as casting aspersions, that's on you.

Really? So when you wrote "but I suspect she dabbled in the coke in the late seventies", was that because that was the first thing that came into your head when keith1980 referred to her weight? If so, why was that?

> I merely picked up from Keith1980's comments about Sheryl being "amazing" sticking by Alice through his addictions. Well maybe she was amazing or at least at times she was - who knows.

I don't think you do, I know that.

>That's their business anyway.

It didn't stop you unnecessarily speculating though.

I just countered a bit with that chances are she did some partying herself just not as far and as long as AC.

I never said it was an unreasonable assumption, except that I have reason to believe that isn't what was behind her appearance. The difference is, you don't have much of a filter when it comes to a lot of your posts but that would assume you had no cynical or malicious intent. After all this time, is it worth giving you the benefit of the doubt? Let me know.

>Sorry amuk - I don't know what kind of relationships you have been in, but if someone likes booze and drugs, the other partner will too - for awhile at least.

Who says so? You keep making these statements but provide no evidence. I have seen plenty of evidence to the contrary.

>Who the hell would try to contact a stranger and ask "Did you do coke back in the seventies?"

"Who the hell would" speculate on the cause behind someone's appearance especially when that person isn't around to speak for themselves and who is not even the subject of this site?

>What kind of idiot would do such a thing?

"What kind of idiot would" speculate on the cause behind someone's appearance especially when that person isn't around to speak for themselves and who is not even the subject of this site?

>Didn't your mom teach you manners?

I love the "ironing" in that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:22 pm

From pitkin88:
>Via her dance class? I have no idea.

She is on Facebook as a lot of people are.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:24 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"So you're encouraging people to contact Mrs. Coop to make what you deem "rude, hateful and potentially defamatory allegations"

Well, it would be a lot braver than making the comments here where she won't see them, would it not?

> wow, nice guy you are - if the Coops think of you as some sort of friend - yikes.

I am not the one making allegations.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:

Take a guess.

So you're encouraging people to contact Mrs. Coop to make what you deem "rude, hateful and potentially defamatory allegations" wow, nice guy you are - if the Coops think of you as some sort of friend - yikes.

I was actually thinking the same thing like he was daring you.