Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:55 pm

That's too bad you feel that way. Just know that you can still make something of yourself if you try.

Just because you make a few stupid comments it's no reason to beat yourself up and have such low self-esteem and felt the need to post the above meme in a public forum.

Is it a cry for help? If you are depressed you may want to seek professional help.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:04 am

Has there ever been a thread on this site that didn't dissolve into fighting?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:39 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Has there ever been a thread on this site that didn't dissolve into fighting?

If anyone dares slight Alice then his minions come to his defense. Part of the problem is the closeness this site has to the artist and people connected to the artist. If there wasn't that connection TB's comment probably would probably have petered out rather quickly. However there are some that must defend to the death Alice in the hopes of getting brownie points so it drags on and on. It is what it is and will continue to be.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:08 am

Right on pitkin, I regularly comment on a few boards (non Alice) and that kind of comment would have been understood, other people would have commented and no one would have taken it as some sort of insult or attack.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:15 am

Pitkin 88 wrote:Part of the problem is the closeness this site has to the artist and people connected to the artist.

On the contrary I see that as a strength of this site-I believe you get insight and information here you don't get anywhere else.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:17 am

if the artist has any "closeness" to this site after reading shte like this thread and 4 pages of petty little idiots acting like a kindergarten and slinging isults at family members, i'd be astounded.

i wonder what it takes to hand bans out on this site.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Has there ever been a thread on this site that didn't dissolve into fighting?

If anyone dares slight Alice then his minions come to his defense. Part of the problem is the closeness this site has to the artist and people connected to the artist. If there wasn't that connection TB's comment probably would probably have petered out rather quickly. However there are some that must defend to the death Alice in the hopes of getting brownie points so it drags on and on. It is what it is and will continue to be.
Respectfully and I am not trying to start an argument with you but hopefully I can make a point. Criticism is one thing especially if it is done in a civil manner, but many times these things are turning into all out brawls. Sometimes I think to myself and years ago I got into one argument as well (in which I was wrong and apologized for that), that with "fans" like some of us claim to be, who needs enemies.

The truth is this is a relatively small forum when it comes to the number of users we have and that is unfortunate. I would argue that we have lost many good posters with relevant things to say because of all the fighting. I certainly have considered leaving this forum many times myself. People get really brave behind a keyboard and frankly it is time for everyone to take a breath and think about the tone of what is being posting and said.That goes for all of us.

But and I have nothing against you personally, but you rarely have anything decent to say about Alice's solo career. It is one attack after another which goes past constructive criticism. If you like the original band, great. I personally enjoy the original band and his solo work both. In fact, I probably like his solo work a little bit more but that's just me. The original band wasn't perfect either. It is one thing to offer constructive criticism (for instance I don't think Along Came a Spider is a particularly good album and I don't think it was very well-produced), another thing to constantly bash and bash. This forum is for Alice's entire career not for one period.

In addition and this is definitely not aimed at you directly, but we have a few users who constantly pick fight after fight with a select few users. Many of those exchanges should be done in private because it causes the threads to go off topic and for those who are trying to contribute to the discussion, it makes people less likely to post and in some cases runs off users.

As I said constructive criticism is one thing, constant never having anything good to say is something else. If a person has no use for Alice's solo career or the original band for that matter, then they should find an artist they do like. Why would they keep coming to a board to fight with others and constantly criticize the music and business decisions of someone they seem to not particularly like as a person and/or performer. Just my two cents and I hope I haven't offended anyone with my comments,that was not my intention.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:41 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

Respectfully and I am not trying to start an argument with you but hopefully I can make a point. Criticism is one thing especially if it is done in a civil manner, but many times these things are turning into all out brawls. Sometimes I think to myself and years ago I got into one argument as well (in which I was wrong and apologized for that), that with "fans" like some of us claim to be, who needs enemies.

The truth is this is a relatively small forum when it comes to the number of users we have and that is unfortunate. I would argue that we have lost many good posters with relevant things to say because of all the fighting. I certainly have considered leaving this forum many times myself. People get really brave behind a keyboard and frankly it is time for everyone to take a breath and think about the tone of what is being posting and said.That goes for all of us.

But and I have nothing against you personally, but you rarely have anything decent to say about Alice's solo career. It is one attack after another which goes past constructive criticism. If you like the original band, great. I personally enjoy the original band and his solo work both. In fact, I probably like his solo work a little bit more but that's just me. The original band wasn't perfect either. It is one thing to offer constructive criticism (for instance I don't think Along Came a Spider is a particularly good album and I don't think it was very well-produced), another thing to constantly bash and bash. This forum is for Alice's entire career not for one period.

In addition and this is definitely not aimed at you directly, but we have a few users who constantly pick fight after fight with a select few users. Many of those exchanges should be done in private because it causes the threads to go off topic and for those who are trying to contribute to the discussion, it makes people less likely to post and in some cases runs off users.

As I said constructive criticism is one thing, constant never having anything good to say is something else. If a person has no use for Alice's solo career or the original band for that matter, then they should find an artist they do like. Why would they keep coming to a board to fight with others and constantly criticize the music and business decisions of someone they seem to not particularly like as a person and/or performer. Just my two cents and I hope I haven't offended anyone with my comments,that was not my intention.
Im new here and i see that lol. Some of the posts here you wouldnt think they were fans of alice at all they are just fans of one album or period.

But in any case im still wondering what the last few pages have to do with the video clips lol

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 pm

From Mr.Bluelegs:
"Has there ever been a thread on this site that didn't dissolve into fighting?"

Maybe the ones that Toronto Bob doesn't post in.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:49 pm

If anyone dares slight Alice then his minions come to his defense.

Well, then a little reminder is needed again since you don't remember too well. There are no "minions" here. The last time anything like that happened even remotely closely was when Brian Nelson used to take part in discussions and he did that because he was a fan (I assume you remember what that was) and not because he was Alice's assistant. It has been explained to you before that coming to a "defense" is based on explaining the reality of a situation based on experience. It isn't based on your or anyone's assumptions, preconceptions, speculations, things you've read, things other bands or artists have done which make up so many posts here but by direct experience. This has been explained many times before as you know. How about the time Alice's current assistant posted in response to some of the endless complaining around here from you and others on this site? Was he a minion doing some defending, or was he pointing out how pointless your constant negativity and cynicism is?

>Part of the problem is the closeness this site has to the artist and people connected to the artist.

A feeble reply which you have made before and in case you haven't seen it, it states on this site that "SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!" but Si can defend the site if he wants to.

>If there wasn't that connection TB's comment probably would probably have petered out rather quickly.

Maybe it would but the statement would have remained online indefinitely unchallenged. Does that seem fair?

>However there are some that must defend to the death Alice in the hopes of getting brownie points so it drags on and on. It is what it is and will continue to be.

No, that's just your cynicism. Try and understand this: any negativity has to be reasonable and constructive. I don't think this place is meant to be somewhere we can sit in a field, hold hands and sing love songs to each other, so a little debate is to be expected. However, how many times has anything you, Toronto Bob and one or two others ever posted in good faith about anything that's been discussed? To paraphrase the post from Alice's assistant, everything Alice does is WRONG - not some of it, but ALL of it. It doesn't matter what it is, it will always be wrong because people like you will make sure of it. So do carry on trolling but don't complain if someone replies in the same way.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:54 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"I regularly comment on a few boards (non Alice) and that kind of comment would have been understood, other people would have commented and no one would have taken it as some sort of insult or attack."

So you're saying that because of that, potentially defamatory statements should not ever be defended by people who may know more about the subject than you might. I accept that you have finally admitted (at least sort of) that you meant no harm but if that's the case (and I think it is), you could have said that right away but you did not. Instead, you continued in the same way and you entrenched your position and yet FOR SOME REASON, some people don't understand why debates end up in arguments! Maybe pitkin88 can explain why you didn't make your position clear from the beginning because after all, if you had then the subject "probably would probably have petered out rather quickly." but instead the opposite happened.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:02 pm

From killer wolf:
"f the artist has any "closeness" to this site after reading shte like this thread and 4 pages of petty little idiots acting like a kindergarten and slinging isults at family members, i'd be astounded."

There are people who know Sheryl who have seen the comment that was made. I doubt they will waste her time mentioning it to her (she and they know that people can be cruel even unintentionally when posting online) but they won't be blaming the forum for it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 pm

From cooperocks:
"but you rarely have anything decent to say about Alice's solo career."

Exactly and that's because as far as those people are concerned, EVERYTHING IS WRONG.

>In addition and this is definitely not aimed at you directly, but we have a few users who constantly pick fight after fight with a select few users.

Do you mean people come here to behave like a troll and to cause trouble?! That CANNOT be true. I AM SHOCKED!

> Why would they keep coming to a board to fight with others and constantly criticize the music and business decisions of someone they seem to not particularly like as a person and/or performer.

That has been asked before - I'm almost certain of it. I look forward to any answers.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

From Keith1980:
"they are just fans of one album or period."

There is nothing wrong with that, but it's the need to constantly, spitefully and negatively go on and on about the kind of things some people go on and on about based on almost nothing, which is the problem.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:04 pm

killer wolf wrote:if the artist has any "closeness" to this site after reading shte like this thread and 4 pages of petty little idiots acting like a kindergarten and slinging isults at family members, i'd be astounded.

i wonder what it takes to hand bans out on this site.

Bans for what?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:50 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

re the solo career. Again, i love WTMN, FTF, Zipper, Special Forces, Da Da and Brutal Planet. I like most of The Last Temptation. That's not a bad chunk. I think I have offered constructive criticism on why I don't like certain things. I have sent many people here recordings and done favours for more than one so I think I earn my keep. I am as brave outside a keyboard as I am behind one. I grew up in one of the worst parts of Liverpool for gods sake.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:54 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Mr.Bluelegs:
"Has there ever been a thread on this site that didn't dissolve into fighting?"

Maybe the ones that Toronto Bob doesn't post in.

Or the ones you keep sticking your nose in and prolonging. Why you want to keep on talking about Sheryl's 'possible' drug use comment from TB I'm not really sure. Your knight in shining armour schtick is tiring and this most certainly would have died on the vine but you keep watering it.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Calm down, nobody is challenging anyone to fight.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:57 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Calm down, nobody is challenging anyone to fight.

I know I'm not going all Harry Enfield on anyone.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:06 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:If anyone dares slight Alice then his minions come to his defense.

Well, then a little reminder is needed again since you don't remember too well. There are no "minions" here. The last time anything like that happened even remotely closely was when Brian Nelson used to take part in discussions and he did that because he was a fan (I assume you remember what that was) and not because he was Alice's assistant. It has been explained to you before that coming to a "defense" is based on explaining the reality of a situation based on experience. It isn't based on your or anyone's assumptions, preconceptions, speculations, things you've read, things other bands or artists have done which make up so many posts here but by direct experience. This has been explained many times before as you know. How about the time Alice's current assistant posted in response to some of the endless complaining around here from you and others on this site? Was he a minion doing some defending, or was he pointing out how pointless your constant negativity and cynicism is?

>Part of the problem is the closeness this site has to the artist and people connected to the artist.

A feeble reply which you have made before and in case you haven't seen it, it states on this site that "SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!" but Si can defend the site if he wants to.

>If there wasn't that connection TB's comment probably would probably have petered out rather quickly.

Maybe it would but the statement would have remained online indefinitely unchallenged. Does that seem fair?

>However there are some that must defend to the death Alice in the hopes of getting brownie points so it drags on and on. It is what it is and will continue to be.

No, that's just your cynicism. Try and understand this: any negativity has to be reasonable and constructive. I don't think this place is meant to be somewhere we can sit in a field, hold hands and sing love songs to each other, so a little debate is to be expected. However, how many times has anything you, Toronto Bob and one or two others ever posted in good faith about anything that's been discussed? To paraphrase the post from Alice's assistant, everything Alice does is WRONG - not some of it, but ALL of it. It doesn't matter what it is, it will always be wrong because people like you will make sure of it. So do carry on trolling but don't complain if someone replies in the same way.

I think both of us have started many threads in good faith and have also responded in good faith.I guess your memory is failing. Both of us are concerned about the legacy of the recorded product. TB has also produced some very good fan loved product ( I know Bootleg is a bad word ). Yeah we are really bad guys.