Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: Intersting Alice and Sheryl videos

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:I have never commented about AC's wife or children, but I suspect she dabbled in the coke in the late seventies - she's crazy thin just like Alice in TSCOAC video. But likely nowhere near the consumption of AC. I mean you can't be partnered with a druggie and alcoholic for so long and never partake
Did you ever stop to think that the stress of dealing with the situation had something to do with her weight loss?

How can you--or anyone--make such an assumption about this fine woman without having any facts or evidence to back it up? I am a life long fan who had spoken with many people involved with Alice over the years and have heard many stories. Some were told in confidence and will never be repeated, others are public knowledge. I have NEVER heard anything that comes close to your assumpumtion. Actually, it's quite the opposite. The reason Alice Cooper is alive today is because of Sheryl Cooper. The reason Alice Cooper is clean and sober is because of Sheryl Cooper. The reason Alice worked his ass off to get back on top was for Sheryl Cooper.

Your comment is the most slanderous statement I've ever read on this site. I'm astonished that you or anyone would ever make such an unfounded statement.

Sheryl is a woman who has spent her whole life loving and looking after Alice, standing by him at his lowest moments of his life (most spouses would have left), who raised a wonderful family, and who has an impeccable reputation. To have such a malicious statement left on a public forum--the main Alice Cooper fan forum yet--is just disgusting.

Now--on to people who live with or are married to drunks and addicts. Again--your assumption is completely wrong. Take it from me--a recovering drunk who lost his wife and everything else to the bottle. My ex-wife never touched a drop and stood by me for a few years while she watched me sink into Hell. It killed her to see me destroying my life--and hers in the process--and she bailed out--and I don't blame her one bit.

It was killing Sheryl to see Alice killing himself. God you have no idea. The more I think about your comment it just makes me want to puke!

Sheryl stood by Alice. She loved him and helped him. She saved his life.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Keith1980:
"I never referred to her weight!"

Exactly, which proves my point.
Whats the point?

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Mr Barlow wrote:Sheryl stood by Alice. She loved him and helped him. She saved his life.

I remember posting virtually an identical comment on another thread about this. Obviously Sheryl was a massive influence but also his Christian faith has been immensely important in saving his life. Something I am sure both Alice and his wife have acknowledged in different interviews.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:27 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"It is interesting that AMUK never jumped all over you when you claimed if Alice had have stayed with Cindy Lang."

I generally only comment on things I know something about. You should try it.

> Cindy isn't here to defend herself maybe you should reach out and ask her.

Maybe he should.

Sorry, I forgot only you know anything about Alice Cooper.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:32 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:I have never commented about AC's wife or children, but I suspect she dabbled in the coke in the late seventies - she's crazy thin just like Alice in TSCOAC video. But likely nowhere near the consumption of AC. I mean you can't be partnered with a druggie and alcoholic for so long and never partake
Did you ever stop to think that the stress of dealing with the situation had something to do with her weight loss?

How can you--or anyone--make such an assumption about this fine woman without having any facts or evidence to back it up? I am a life long fan who had spoken with many people involved with Alice over the years and have heard many stories. Some were told in confidence and will never be repeated, others are public knowledge. I have NEVER heard anything that comes close to your assumpumtion. Actually, it's quite the opposite. The reason Alice Cooper is alive today is because of Sheryl Cooper. The reason Alice Cooper is clean and sober is because of Sheryl Cooper. The reason Alice worked his ass off to get back on top was for Sheryl Cooper.

Your comment is the most slanderous statement I've ever read on this site. I'm astonished that you or anyone would ever make such an unfounded statement.

Sheryl is a woman who has spent her whole life loving and looking after Alice, standing by him at his lowest moments of his life (most spouses would have left), who raised a wonderful family, and who has an impeccable reputation. To have such a malicious statement left on a public forum--the main Alice Cooper fan forum yet--is just disgusting.

Now--on to people who live with or are married to drunks and addicts. Again--your assumption is completely wrong. Take it from me--a recovering drunk who lost his wife and everything else to the bottle. My ex-wife never touched a drop and stood by me for a few years while she watched me sink into Hell. It killed her to see me destroying my life--and hers in the process--and she bailed out--and I don't blame her one bit.

It was killing Sheryl to see Alice killing himself. God you have no idea. The more I think about your comment it just makes me want to puke!

One thing that does puzzle me Mr B was why would someone be serving alcohol at dinner when you have an alcoholic present. In the Prime Cuts or was it Behind The Music she metions him taking a sip of wine and then he was back into it again almost immediately. Surely if you knew how much of an addictive personality Alice had you would not have alcohol anywhere in the house. Why would she think it would be ok to let him drink even a sip?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:39 pm

From Keith1980:
"Whats the point?"

You never mentioned her weight but Toronto Bob did and extrapolated from that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:40 pm

From pitkin88:
"Sorry, I forgot only you know anything about Alice Cooper."

How is that false statement connected to my post?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:43 pm

From pitkin88:
"One thing that does puzzle me Mr B was why would someone be serving alcohol at dinner when you have an alcoholic present."

Why not? She wanted a drink. She never forced him to drink it. Besides, Alice has alcohol around him all the time and has had since he stopped drinking but that doesn't mean he drinks it.

> Surely if you knew how much of an addictive personality Alice had you would not have alcohol anywhere in the house. Why would she think it would be ok to let him drink even a sip?

Obviously, your memory is selective. In that same clip you're referring to, she blames herself for what happened, although it was his fault.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 pm

One thing that does puzzle me Mr B was why would someone be serving alcohol at dinner when you have an alcoholic present. In the Prime Cuts or was it Behind The Music she metions him taking a sip of wine and then he was back into it again almost immediately. Surely if you knew how much of an addictive personality Alice had you would not have alcohol anywhere in the house. Why would she think it would be ok to let him drink even a sip?[/quote]

I'm familiar with that story but I think that was part of the cover story for the cocaine addiction, This same story was also told by Alice himself in the Bob Greene Esquire article in 1983-1984. I'm wasn't there and this could have been what led to Alice's drinking again after his near death from coke so it is plausible. He was drinking heavily during the making of Dada but he was clean and sober when talking to Greene in that interview and I belive he and Sheyl were reconcilled by then. If I am wrong--please someone correct me (Amuk). I'm just unsure of the timeline at that point.

At any rate---as you know I was a full blown boozer who's consumption was close to what Alice used to drink. I was a fully functional drunk. It drove my family and friends crazy with worry, angst etc. My wife left me as did all of my money :) When I quit the stuff cold turkey--on my own--without a day of rehab, counseling or AA, my family and friends continued to drink in front of me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Their behavior was not the problem. They were able to control their drinking--like most people can--so why should they have to change? Also, there is no way to stop a drunk from drinking if he wants to drink--whether it's in the house or not.

This is why I was so offended by TB's comment. I know the stress and angst I caused my ex-wife, family and friends. These people were totally innocent and did everything they could to help me. Just because I was a drunk didn't mean they were there drinking with me all of the time. The same goes for Sheryl Cooper. All she wanted more than anything was to have the man she loved back in her life. Everybody who truly cared and loved Alice wanted that man back. By the way, that includes Dick Wagner. To say that Sheryl was taking part in it was the furthest thing from the truth.

She was the one who finally got him to kick the cocaine and the booze. She stuck by her husband and saved Alice's life (and career) and we all owe her a big debt of gratitude for that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:40 pm

From mr.barlow:
"but he was clean and sober when talking to Greene in that interview and I belive he and Sheyl were reconcilled by then."

Yes, that's correct.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 pm

mr.barlow wrote:

Well it sounds like you were there, watching Mr & Mrs. Coop, so I will bow to your knowledge and experience.

I still don't think my speculation was really that wild, but you know different and I am not in a position nor do I care to insist.

Oh and just a word of caution mr. b, careful when you do decide to dismount - sounds like you're awfully high up.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"One thing that does puzzle me Mr B was why would someone be serving alcohol at dinner when you have an alcoholic present."

Why not? She wanted a drink. She never forced him to drink it. Besides, Alice has alcohol around him all the time and has had since he stopped drinking but that doesn't mean he drinks it.

> Surely if you knew how much of an addictive personality Alice had you would not have alcohol anywhere in the house. Why would she think it would be ok to let him drink even a sip?

Obviously, your memory is selective. In that same clip you're referring to, she blames herself for what happened, although it was his fault.

In the outside world alcohol might be unavoidable, in their home it should not be available. True she never forced him to drink it but she should have told him not to knowing full well what could of and actually did happen. She had lived with his alcohol abuse from day one and saw him through his FTI rehab so i am genuinely bemused why she would think a sip would be ok. I am assuming here that the story is true and not manufactured as Mr B thinks to cover up for the cocaine addiction.

Sorry about my recollection being selective on something I saw once years ago. Next time perhaps i could borrow the Blues Clues Handy Dandy note book you use to make notes when watching.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:

Well it sounds like you were there, watching Mr & Mrs. Coop, so I will bow to your knowledge and experience.

I still don't think my speculation was really that wild, but you know different and I am not in a position nor do I care to insist.

Oh and just a word of caution mr. b, careful when you do decide to dismount - sounds like you're awfully high up.
Booze knocked me off that high horse over 20 years ago. It's been nothing but reality ever since.

I'm not trying to be a sanctimonious blowhard. If I were able to control my addictive traits I'd be knocking them back with Pitkin and Amuk. THAT would be fun! Also, I'm not one of those anti-drinking reformer zealots.

What bothered me was the unfounded comment about speculated drug use all because of her weight.

At any rate--I felt it was unfair and very unkind.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:40 am

Well I didn't mean any attack - just speculation. Interesting to note, a few years back some people got hot under the collar when I observed that AC must have been on coke during the Tom Snyder interview. They hurled all the same insults at me, so there ya go.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:33 am

From Toronto Bob:
"I still don't think my speculation was really that wild,"

Even if it was, that's not the point which is that you have opened yourself up to a potential claim of slander about someone who has never discussed that subject and which could put you and the owner of this site into a lot of trouble. Again, just think a little before you send something.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:43 am

From oitkin88:
"In the outside world alcohol might be unavoidable,"

There is lots of alcohol backstage as well and I'm almost certain I've seen it in the in fridge on the bus as well. Alice doesn't ban people around him from drinking it.

>their home it should not be available.

Well, the incident happened while they were on vacation and while I understand your point, I'm not sure I agree. While it's true some people are easily tempted, Alice has yet to succumb.

>True she never forced him to drink it but she should have told him not to knowing full well what could of and actually did happen.

Yes, we knwow. I just told you she admits that in the documentary you're referring to. What more do you want her to do?

> She had lived with his alcohol abuse from day one and saw him through his FTI rehab so i am genuinely bemused why she would think a sip would be ok.

Again, it doesn't mean she's not allowed to drink.

>I am assuming here that the story is true and not manufactured as Mr B thinks to cover up for the cocaine addiction.

It may well be true or it may not - we'll never know but again you're missing the point which is that after he stopped using cocaine, he did go back to alcohol.

>Sorry about my recollection being selective on something I saw once years ago.

Well it is curious that you only remembered the first few seconds of the clip but not the next few seconds of thst clip.

> Next time perhaps i could borrow the Blues Clues Handy Dandy note book you use to make notes when watching.

I just rely on my memory.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:50 am

From Toronto Bob:
"Well I didn't mean any attack - just speculation."

Is that an apology?

>Interesting to note, a few years back some people got hot under the collar when I observed that AC must have been on coke during the Tom Snyder interview. They hurled all the same insults at me, so there ya go.

Are you deliberately being obtuse? The same rule applied in that situation as it now does which is that unless the person concerned opens that door, you have no real right to comment or speculate. Showing genuine concern is one thing but I'm not sure that's what you were doing in either situation but leaving that aside, not only would a normal, reasonable and sensitive human not make comments like that, you were actually asked not to, according to the rules of this site at that time (they may have since changed).

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:42 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Toronto Bob:
"Well I didn't mean any attack - just speculation."

Is that an apology?

>Interesting to note, a few years back some people got hot under the collar when I observed that AC must have been on coke during the Tom Snyder interview. They hurled all the same insults at me, so there ya go.

Are you deliberately being obtuse? The same rule applied in that situation as it now does which is that unless the person concerned opens that door, you have no real right to comment or speculate. Showing genuine concern is one thing but I'm not sure that's what you were doing in either situation but leaving that aside, not only would a normal, reasonable and sensitive human not make comments like that, you were actually asked not to, according to the rules of this site at that time (they may have since changed).
Not an apology, just another explanation that this is a public forum on the internet, which discusses many things and speculation and opinion are big components of the discussion. That should be understood but with a pedantic poster like you, there seems to be a need to point this out over and over again.

Funny how you don't give a toss about facts when some people make claims that are presented as facts and actual happenings - but others, when merely offering up obvious speculation an opinion, are held by you, to the strictest standards. Can you not see how very wrong you are?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:04 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"Not an apology, just another explanation that this is a public forum on the internet, which discusses many things and speculation and opinion are big components of the discussion.

I never said it wasn't or that they weren't but "speculation" is one thing and possible defamation is another and you still haven't explained why your mind drew the conclusion it did or why you insisted that living with an addict automatically makes someone into an addict as well. I don't know if you were basing that on your own experiences but it would be interesting to know if that was the nicest thing you could have said in the circumstances. Almost everything you have ever posted is based on something negative.

>Funny how you don't give a toss about facts when some people make claims that are presented as facts and actual happenings -

Would you give examples?

>Can you not see how very wrong you are?

If I am, then I guess Si, cooperrocks, kevinuk81, ThePainAddict, nurserozetta and mr.barlow are as well. I am happy to cop that plea on that basis.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 pm