HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Does anyone know if we preorder HV cd/vinyl package that the cd will arrive on 9/11 itself or would I be better off to buy the cd at a store opening day?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Headbangers Ball wrote:Is this going to be available on CD? I looked on Amazon and they are offering a pre order for MP3 download and there was a vinyl pre order (which has now gone?) - but no cd??
I've ordered the CD, SHM CD (with bonus track) and Vinyl from Amazon. I note they've all since vanished but are still in my 'Orders' list.

We shall see...
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Headbangers Ball wrote:Is this going to be available on CD? I looked on Amazon and they are offering a pre order for MP3 download and there was a vinyl pre order (which has now gone?) - but no cd??
I've ordered the CD, SHM CD (with bonus track) and Vinyl from Amazon. I note they've all since vanished but are still in my 'Orders' list.

We shall see...
There is defintly something weird going on with the Amazon listing. Three weeks to go and people in the UK can only pre-order mp3's or japanese version.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Si wrote: There is defintly something weird going on with the Amazon listing. Three weeks to go and people in the UK can only pre-order mp3's or japanese version.
It isn't just the UK. Amazon US states that the CD is 'unavailable'. (French and German sites have it listed though.) HMV do have CD/vinyl available for pre-order:- CD £9.99/LP £24.99.

http://goo.gl/sUqvql

And, I'm thoroughly confused about the latest tracks supposedly released for listening to. The 'Nights With Alice Cooper' lists, on AC's own website, are different to what was actually played on UK Planet Rock. I didn't hear 'Whole Lotta', 'Jeepster' or 'Cold Turkey'; plus Spotify don't feature those tracks at all still.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone, apart from Si, actually heard them yet? (Universal's HV website is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:36 pm

concolz wrote: And, I'm thoroughly confused about the latest tracks supposedly released for listening to. The 'Nights With Alice Cooper' lists, on AC's own website, are different to what was actually played on UK Planet Rock. I didn't hear 'Whole Lotta', 'Jeepster' or 'Cold Turkey'; plus Spotify don't feature those tracks at all still.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone, apart from Si, actually heard them yet? (Universal's HV website is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.)
Okay here's the deal on NWAC for those who don`t know.

Alice records his links, but the songs are then inserted BY THE RADIO STATION themselves.

The radio station gets a list of the songs intended to be in the show with some marked as being optional ie the station can change them or drop them if they wish as AC doesn`t mention them. These are normally middle song in a set of three played between AC's links.

On top of that some stations, like Planet Rock, don`t play the full five hour show, so on those stations you will always miss some of AC's links and some songs.

On top of all that some stations really do play 'fast and loose' with the suggested playlist with Planet Rock being one of the worst. They change as many songs as possible in the show it seems but they aren`t alone. Many of the songs played during NWAC on Planet Rock Alice has possibly never even heard.

As an example of the problem AC once announced Pink Floyd's 'Learning to fly' and PR played Tom Petty's 'Learning to Fly'.
On today's Australian show AC announced HV's 'My Generation' and the station played 'I got a line on you' instead. Annoying as so far they had been sticking to the script. Tomorrow is supposed to be 'Raise The Dead' but after today I'm not optimistic.
It is entirely possible the foreign radio stations (OZ and UK at least) do not HAVE the album and so can`t play some of the songs even if they wanted to.

Re: Spotify etc, while the first few songs were released there I think this was kinda in the form of singles (which is how it shows on spotify).
The first three tracks made up a 'Schools Out' "single" while 'Itchycoo Park' was like a second "single". I won`t be surprised if nothing else shows up there until the album is released.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Thanks for the lowdown on NWAC/Planet Rock. Not being much of a 'classic rock' fan, I'd never listened before; only sticking it out to hear the HV tracks. At least I know I don't have to bother again!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Just got in the car tonight when Alice announces and up next it's me and the Hollywood Vampires covering Small Faces' Itchycoo Park...

the excitement was very hard to take but it didn't take me long to figure out that it was in fact the original...ah well.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 am

Well for the seond day Oz radio changed from plying a new HV song to playing one they have already aired.
This time Alice says "but first, NOT a cover from the Hollywood Vampires" and then they played 'Whole Lotta Love' again. It was supposed to be 'Raise The Dead'..
Yesterday was supposed to be 'My Generation' and they played 'I Got A line On You'.
I don`t think they have the whole album to play...

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Si wrote:Well for the seond day Oz radio changed from plying a new HV song to playing one they have already aired.
This time Alice says "but first, NOT a cover from the Hollywood Vampires" and then they played 'Whole Lotta Love' again. It was supposed to be 'Raise The Dead'..
Yesterday was supposed to be 'My Generation' and they played 'I Got A line On You'.

If that's true it implicates there must be a promo out there. If so it will appear very soon on the sites like ebay.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:58 pm

That was my 1000th message :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:50 am

On wednesday the next track "my generation" will be aired on www.rollingstone.com

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:37 am

mestreech wrote:
Si wrote:Well for the seond day Oz radio changed from plying a new HV song to playing one they have already aired.

If that's true it implicates there must be a promo out there. If so it will appear very soon on the sites like ebay.
I would imagine the playlist/songs are delivered digitally via FTP or similar.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:27 am

mestreech wrote:On wednesday the next track "my generation" will be aired on http://www.rollingstone.com
That was aired on NWAC on Monday. Yesterday was 'Raise The Dead'. Nothing new today but 'Manic Depression' is due tomorrow.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Raise the dead ? Does anyone(who listened to it) have opinion about this song ?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Holly Grail wrote:Raise the dead ? Does anyone(who listened to it) have opinion about this song ?
You can hear it on the NWAC app, every 5 hours, if you are patient.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:49 pm

My Generation is now available for download on iTunes.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:54 pm

I LOVED Raise the Dead...the clever referencing to other classic songs "heart attack, paint it black, they never fear the reaper" etc...Alice sounds amazing on this...hope to see this one live eventually
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:17 pm

just heard "Dead Drunk Friends", not bad.
SO, agree when BJ comes on it's wince-inducing.
My Generation, don't care
...Line..., don't care. Don't see why another version since he's already done it.

need to change that awful font on the "book" cover, looks like "bollywood vampires" :-/
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:32 pm

killer wolf wrote:just heard "Dead Drunk Friends", not bad.
SO, agree when BJ comes on it's wince-inducing.
My Generation, don't care
...Line..., don't care. Don't see why another version since he's already done it.

need to change that awful font on the "book" cover, looks like "bollywood vampires" :-/

I'm starting to think, as the proceeds are going to charity, that not too much thought is going into the arrangements. People are coming in and wham bam knocking out by the numbers versions of these classics. There is no real pressure to make a great album. This would also partially explain the thing sitting in the can for so long.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:07 pm

When it comes down to it Alice isn't really a musician so much as a lyricist and performer. So he's not likely to spearhead alternate versions of these songs unless someone else leads the way.