HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Ugh. Pretty ham fisted version with no subtlety at all. The solo doesn't fit but is at least short enough to not outstay its welcome. The production sounds very muddy but I don't know if that's down to Spotify or not.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:08 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Rhapsody of Fire:
"Mmmm... 1972? Jim Morrison died in 1971 and Hendrix in 1970..."

This was correcred almnost immediately after this was released but the original version is still being used by some outlets unfortunately.
What was the correction? Did they "correct" the Rainbow's opening to fit Hendrix's prence there or did they correct it properly. Hendrix and Morrison never saw the inside of the Rainbow.

I know, I know facts are boring.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm

From Toronto Bob:
>What was the correction? Did they "correct" the Rainbow's opening to fit Hendrix's prence there or did they correct it properly.

It was changed to "1969" which as we know isn't true either but as usual a lot (and I mean, a lot) of people are missing the point.

>I know, I know facts are boring.

They can be. It depends. For one thing, this is a press release about a rock album - it isn't a United Nations Security Council Resolution. Also, the whole thing about the Hollywood Vampires is that it's just a hook to hang the album onto and give it some context (like "Pin Ups") as opposed to just being a random bunch of songs. The album isn't literally or only about the Hollywood Vampires or wherever it was they chose to meet. If it was, why is a Paul McCartney song on it? Why doesn't it mention The Troubador as well? The Hollywood Vampires were also a softball team but there's nothing about that on the album. The Hollywood Vampires was also the name of the musicians who played on "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell" (or that was due to go on tour with him that year - I forget which) but there's nothing about that on the album either. The album is really a tip of the hat to those nocturnal figures Alice ran into during his years in Hollywood, yet some people are getting very anxious that it isn't absolutely and totally specific to the concept but that kind of narrow thinking is nothing new.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Here's is something that could keep people busy for a while. Let's take the time and analyze all of the press releases issued from 1968 to 1974 involving the original band.

Let's critique them for facts and accuracy, and when errors are found let's be sure to hold ALL members of the original band accountable for their outright deceptions.

Also, while we're at it, let's analyze the information and facts that were NOT released during that time, namely that of Glen Buxton not having played on B$B and his very limited participation after School's Out. If facts are important to certian people than wouldn't that fact be of utmost importance? That is a very important fact that fans should know--that Glen does not play a note on B$B--but rather Mashbir, Dolin, Hunter & Wagner.

At any rate---I'm still stunned that after all these years that some pople have not yet figured out that Alice Cooper (the original band and solo) was basically a creation of hype and promotion. The music was real, the people were real, but everyhting about them was greatly exagerated from their individual personalities to their stage antics.

Hype is the blood of rock n roll. It's just as important as the music. Without the hype and promotion no one would ever hear the music. Alice Cooper is a character. It is a work of fiction. Alice the man plays Alice the rock star. It's entertaiment.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:45 pm

From mr.barlow:
Here's is something that could keep people busy for a while. Let's take the time and analyze all of the press releases issued from 1968 to 1974 involving the original band.

Exactly - I think I said something similar to concolz recently as well. How about the story of the reincarnated witch that was an early part of the legend? How factual was that?

At any rate---I'm still stunned that after all these years that some pople have not yet figured out that Alice Cooper (the original band and solo) was basically a creation of hype and promotion.

Exactly and not only has that point been made before but here is a BIG clue - they used to be announced as "The Legendary Alice Cooper" as early as on the "Killer" tour and the clue is in the word "Legendary".

> It is a work of fiction. Alice the man plays Alice the rock star. It's entertaiment.

You mustn't say things like that. You will shatter so many fragile illusions.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:20 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:Exactly - I think I said something similar to concolz recently as well. How about the story of the reincarnated witch that was an early part of the legend? How factual was that?
BTW, one of the hosts on Fox and Friends mentioned that this morning. ;)

Hunter

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:27 pm

I think barlow and amuk are missing the point. It's 2015, we're well passed the point of using hyperbole to market AC. Why fabricate on everything? It's undignified and even makes baby Jesus cry.

And it's pretty rich how amuk will jump down people's throat about something he deems inaccurate yet silly lies and fabrications by AC/Shep are defended all the time. Sickophant much?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:47 pm

"Itchycoo Park" is great.

Better than the original and any other cover versions I've heard (i.e. Quiet Riot).

Killer version.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:I think barlow and amuk are missing the point. It's 2015, we're well passed the point of using hyperbole to market AC. Why fabricate on everything? It's undignified and even makes baby Jesus cry.

And it's pretty rich how amuk will jump down people's throat about something he deems inaccurate yet silly lies and fabrications by AC/Shep are defended all the time. Sickophant much?

Well said. It's like Fox News when they say fair and balanced.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm

mr.barlow wrote:Here's is something that could keep people busy for a while. Let's take the time and analyze all of the press releases issued from 1968 to 1974 involving the original band.

Let's critique them for facts and accuracy, and when errors are found let's be sure to hold ALL members of the original band accountable for their outright deceptions.

Also, while we're at it, let's analyze the information and facts that were NOT released during that time, namely that of Glen Buxton not having played on B$B and his very limited participation after School's Out. If facts are important to certian people than wouldn't that fact be of utmost importance? That is a very important fact that fans should know--that Glen does not play a note on B$B--but rather Mashbir, Dolin, Hunter & Wagner.

At any rate---I'm still stunned that after all these years that some pople have not yet figured out that Alice Cooper (the original band and solo) was basically a creation of hype and promotion. The music was real, the people were real, but everyhting about them was greatly exagerated from their individual personalities to their stage antics.

Hype is the blood of rock n roll. It's just as important as the music. Without the hype and promotion no one would ever hear the music. Alice Cooper is a character. It is a work of fiction. Alice the man plays Alice the rock star. It's entertaiment.

You are Forgetting Michael Bruce ( a lot of people do ) and also Rockin Reggie. Also people tend to over emphasize Dick and Steve to fit their narrative. At that time the band as individuals got so little press there would have been little or no point mentioning Glen's contribution. Let's also not forget Glen had been very very sick.

It's odd there are no photos of Alice and Jim and Jimi his drinking buddies. There is really no need to embellish things at this point and I'm not sure why Alice persists.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:23 pm

From Toronto Bob:
>Why fabricate on everything?

That would be because only obsessives like you and me care. Nobody else cares. You can trust me about that. In all honesty, nobody outside this small group cares what you (or I ) think. I don't think we're going to see the masses take to the streets in protest. I could be wrong though.

>baby Jesus cry.

He would probably "turn the other cheek" but no doubt your concern would be appreciated.

>And it's pretty rich how amuk will jump down people's throat about something he deems inaccurate yet silly lies and fabrications by AC/Shep are defended all the time. Sickophant much?

That only happens here though - that's my point. The only people who care are here - they're not the general population who will read the press release (assuming they do read it) and then forget they ever read it (or care that they read it).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 pm

From pitkin88:
"At that time the band as individuals got so little press there would have been little or no point mentioning Glen's contribution."

You completely missed the point in that post which was the impression was given that things were they same as they have previously been.

>It's odd there are no photos of Alice and Jim and Jimi his drinking buddies.

I wouldn't say it was "odd" - nobody cared about taking pictures back then and I used to think there were no pictures of Alice and the band with Franz Zappa unil 2009 when a fan turned up with one at one of the shows. It had never previously been published. That doesn't mean it didn't exist. There are also no pictures of Alice with Paul McCartney from back then or with George Harrison or with Janis Joplin or many other people from that era that you can mention. There are also no pictures of Morrison with any other member of the band or of Dennis Dunaway with Salvador Dali either. Are you saying those meetings were fictitious?

>There is really no need to embellish things at this point and I'm not sure why Alice persists.

What is being embellished? Are you saying those individuals never met?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:38 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"At that time the band as individuals got so little press there would have been little or no point mentioning Glen's contribution."

You completely missed the point in that post which was the impression was given that things were they same as they have previously been.

I wouldn't say it was "odd" - nobody cared about taking pictures back then and I used to think there were no pictures of Alice and the band with Franz Zappa unil 2009 when a fan turned up with one at one of the shows. It had never previously been published. That doesn't mean it didn't exist. There are also no pictures of Alice with Paul McCartney from back then or with George Harrison or with Janis Joplin or many other people from that era that you can mention. There are also no pictures of Morrison with any other member of the band or of Dennis Dunaway with Salvador Dali either. Are you saying those meetings were fictitious?

>There is really no need to embellish things at this point and I'm not sure why Alice persists.

Not at all. You are completely missing the point. Alice is suggesting these people where his great friends rather than a few rock stars getting pissed up down the boozer during a relatively short period of time.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:42 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:
> It is a work of fiction. Alice the man plays Alice the rock star. It's entertaiment.

You mustn't say things like that. You will shatter so many fragile illusions.
Say It Ain't So!!! xjumpingx
Funniest thing you've ever posted! :grin:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:59 pm

From pitkin88:
"Alice is suggesting these people where his great friends rather than a few rock stars getting pissed up down the boozer during a relatively short period of time."

Show me where he suggested that he was "great friends" with these people and not just "friends". Again, even if he did say that (don't forget to cite your source - not that I'm doubting you), tell us why it matters. It's just a press - release for a rock album. Who genuinely cares?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 pm

"Alice is suggesting these people where his great friends rather than a few rock stars getting pissed up down the boozer during a relatively short period of time."

Show me where he suggested that he was "great friends" with these people and not just "friends". Again, even if he did say that (don't forget to cite your source - not that I'm doubting you), tell us why it matters. It's just a press - release for a rock album. Who genuinely cares?

You for one.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Never said that those individuals have never met, just saying that for them to hang with the vampires in 1972 was mathematically impossible.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:15 am

I think death had more to do with it than mathematics.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:44 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:If it was, why is a Paul McCartney song on it?
I'll be honest, I thought maybe the reason for the song's inclusion was more for the Badfinger connection and as a tribute to Pete Ham who died in the 1970s, with an added bonus of McCartney having written it.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:07 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:"Itchycoo Park" is great.

Better than the original and any other cover versions I've heard (i.e. Quiet Riot).

Killer version.

A good cover but better than the original ?? No way.