HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Wonder why Mike Bruce wasn't on SO with Neal & Dennis.

No mystery there he is tired of Alice's bullshit and wont play ball.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Liking I got a Line on you, not sure about School's out, yet and I am a bit disappointed with My Dead Drunk Friends. So far.

It would be great if this didn't turn into another one of those threads, but that's just my opinion.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:08 pm

Surprised to see I Got a Line on You recorded again but it's a good song and interesting hearing Alice come back to it after all these years.

The most promising thing I've heard so far has been the section of Raise the Dead from the promo vid, looking forward to hearing the full version.

I'm afraid Johnson demonstrates what I fear about having guest singers - I rate his voice very highly, and the lyrics to the song are first rate but putting them together and it seems to fall flat ... the punchline doesn't pop out.

But anyway, looking at the credits posted by rolling stone, I'm glad to see Alice seems to have solo vocal on most of the tracks.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:16 am

concolz wrote: It's the inflation of the English language which really irks me. If Alice had said that there were some 'interesting' guests, then I would have agreed with his choice of vocabulary regarding Paul McC/Christopher Lee/Dennis/Neal/Orianthi.
Obsess much?

Paul McCartney is arguably one of the most popular and influential musicians of the last 50 years.

It doesn't get much more 'jaw-dropping' than that.

And now you can stop your continuous whining since that this has been properly explained to you. I'm sure you'll find something else to complain about shortly, anyhow.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:19 am

ElectedPlus wrote:Surprised to see I Got a Line on You recorded again but it's a good song and interesting hearing Alice come back to it after all these years.
I always liked Alice's 80s version of this song. And I like this new version a lot too.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:13 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
concolz wrote: It's the inflation of the English language which really irks me. If Alice had said that there were some 'interesting' guests, then I would have agreed with his choice of vocabulary regarding Paul McC/Christopher Lee/Dennis/Neal/Orianthi.
Obsess much?

Paul McCartney is arguably one of the most popular and influential musicians of the last 50 years.

It doesn't get much more 'jaw-dropping' than that.

And now you can stop your continuous whining since that this has been properly explained to you. I'm sure you'll find something else to complain about shortly, anyhow.

Are you feeling hot flushes? First you have a rant against Crayne for no reason and now you are acting like a little girl with me. Paul has worked with hard rockers like Kanye and Rihanna in the past few months did your jaw drop then? He has put out some of the worst odious pieces over crap since about 74 so it is hardly earth shattering news. Did Ebony and Ivory make you swoon or the trade off with MJ? If you actually read the thread there was someone else complaining and you didnt bat an eyelid. Silly little boy.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:19 am

Mitch Lafon has reported:

The Japanese Edition of Alice Cooper's Hollywood Vampires adds The Who's "I'm A Boy" as an exclusive bonus track.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:54 am

Here's the facebook page that says so:
https://www.facebook.com/OneOnOneMitchLafon

News coming through thick and fast now. Alice Cooper official facebook has linked to http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/hollywoodvampires where it seems that if you pre-order from them, you get access to behind the scenes content.

Furthermore, they state an October 17th release for a vinyl version too.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:45 am

I haven't listened to School's Out/Another Brick in The Wall Part 2 studio version yet. So can't comment on that one. But this version of I Got A Line On You left me a bit distant and cold. I actually like the metal version more but my opinion may change since I have have only listened to it once. My Dead Drunk Friends is a really good song and musically quite different from what I expected, especially considering the context where it will appear on. I was expecting something like Bad Situation (a bonus track on the last album) but luckily that wasn't the case.

I have listened to it many times. I still have a problem with the slight overuse of background vocals on last two choruses or something like that. I don't know. It sounds a bit hectic before the piano part kicks in at the end of the song. Forgive me I'm not a musician. Still better than a decent tune and beats absolutely everything on Special Forces.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:06 am

I am one of those who really loved Welcome 2 My Nightmare. I thought it was his best album since The Last Temptation. W2MN was a very diverse and adventurous album and the production was way better than on quite weak Along Came a Spider. In my opinion it also had some of the best musicianship on an Alice Cooper album in a long time. So the decision to follow it up with a covers album was quite disappointing. I am also very confused about the decision to keep the cover song section in the set list for years and then drop the Alice Cooper logo from upcoming covers album and release it as a Hollywood Vampires album.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:00 am

From pitkin88:
"No mystery there he is tired of Alice's bullshit and wont play ball."

Do give us your evidence for this.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 am

From The son of Don Quixote:
"then drop the Alice Cooper logo from upcoming covers album and release it as a Hollywood Vampires album."

It isn't really an "Alice Cooper" album - that's why.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"No mystery there he is tired of Alice's bullshit and wont play ball."

Do give us your evidence for this.
Won't be able to find MB to get his view lol

Mind you he hasn't posted on his Facebook since 19th Feb when he was just back from Mexico and was going to announce a new project
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 am

Inte eating thus far. The band being called Hollywood vampires iis interesting. I wonder iif future albums will come out under the same name.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 am

The project on pledgemusic is only available in the US ::((: ::((:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

Is there a forummember who can tell what the benefits are on this project?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 am

From pitkin88:
"He has put out some of the worst odious pieces over crap since about 74 so it is hardly earth shattering news"

Who said it was "earth shattering news"? Again, more nonsense. Even if that was true, does it mean the stuff he did with The Beatles was not good enough for him to be invited to be involved with this album?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:04 pm

From homerx:
"I wonder iif future albums will come out under the same name."

Why are people getting so carried away over something so innocuous?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:29 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Are you feeling hot flushes? First you have a rant against Crayne for no reason
Crayne deserves everything he gets. He runs his Facebook page like a fascist banning people off it with no warning for daring to have an opinion that isn't exactly the same as his. Right out of the Shiny Dime playbook. It's funny, all of these same people are the first to cry out when something "isn't fair!" yet they can't conduct themselves in a proper manner.
pitkin88 wrote: and now you are acting like a little girl with me. Paul has worked with hard rockers like Kanye and Rihanna in the past few months did your jaw drop then?
It's a coup for anybody to work with Paul McCartney, to act like it isn't is the height of stupidity and just more of the typical negativity you spew nonstop.

You're pretty funny though, for someone who denounced this project months and months ago, you're certainly quite interested in it... hanging on every word in this thread and even going so far as asking Si to describe the songs he'd heard when you couldn't get to them. :rotfl:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:39 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Crayne deserves everything he gets. He runs his Facebook page like a fascist banning people off it with no warning for daring to have an opinion that isn't exactly the same as his. Right out of the Shiny Dime playbook. It's funny, all of these same people are the first to cry out when something "isn't fair!" yet they can't conduct themselves in a proper manner.
Yeah I had an experience with Crayne on Facebook recently. I asked an innocent question regarding the legalities of his 'Steven Crayne Archive' and he went bat shit crazy and banned me. Still not quite sure why he got so touchy.

RemarkablyInsincere..... I think the best thing to do is simply ignore these people. They're only here to annoy us. I think they get some kind of kick out of it. Kinda sweet really.