HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Paulimo
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by Paulimo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 am

Hollywood Vampires?! Aren't they the session guys on the 'Goes To Hell' album?

:evil:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 pm

From pitkin88:
"Who is leading this then?"

Alice and Johnny Depp jointly came up with the idea as far as I'm aware.

>Did Johnny Depp have any dead friends?

Does he have to?
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:31 pm

From pitkin88:
"How can I give my posts too much credit?"

I don't think Devon was "hurt", so he didn't need an apology.

>Maybe Si could put a like button and then I can like my own posts.

I didn't realise you wouldn't understand the point, which was that I doubt Devon needed an apology.

>By the way I liked The Toymaster song in a recent thread. If you would like a list of what songs I do like on the solo albums I will try to provide when I have a moment.

No, that isn't necessary. Again, as has been explained, according to your rules, nobody is allowed to take a contrary position to you and also again, nobody is saying you're wrong about not liking the new versions of those songs. The reason these threads descend into nonsense is because of the way you constantly make incorrect assumptions about where, when, why, how and what happened in relation to any given situation. That attitude informs almost everything you post (maybe you want the attention) but what you can't seem to tolerate is someone explaining the reality of a situation. If you want to keep falling back on your usual preconceptions, don't be surprised if you're corrected.

>If he'd have kept the same direction as the early 80's albums I would still be a huge fan.

Maybe if you can let people who enjoy what came after that enjoy it without you constantly demeaning it, that would help. You can express an opinion without insisting on pouring scorn on everything Alice does.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:49 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"How can I give my posts too much credit?"

I don't think Devon was "hurt", so he didn't need an apology.

>Maybe Si could put a like button and then I can like my own posts.

I didn't realise you wouldn't understand the point, which was that I doubt Devon needed an apology.

>By the way I liked The Toymaster song in a recent thread. If you would like a list of what songs I do like on the solo albums I will try to provide when I have a moment.

No, that isn't necessary. Again, as has been explained, according to your rules, nobody is allowed to take a contrary position to you and also again, nobody is saying you're wrong about not liking the new versions of those songs. The reason these threads descend into nonsense is because of the way you constantly make incorrect assumptions about where, when, why, how and what happened in relation to any given situation. That attitude informs almost everything you post (maybe you want the attention) but what you can't seem to tolerate is someone explaining the reality of a situation. If you want to keep falling back on your usual preconceptions, don't be surprised if you're corrected.

>If he'd have kept the same direction as the early 80's albums I would still be a huge fan.

Maybe if you can let people who enjoy what came after that enjoy it without you constantly demeaning it, that would help. You can express an opinion without insisting on pouring scorn on everything Alice does.

What has Devon got to do with anything? Why would me not liking a track stop someone else from enjoying it? Tell Alice I'm sorry if that makes you feel better. More honest opinions coming up when I hear the songs. There is an unfollow button for those of you who bruise easilly.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: "Who is leading this then?"

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you seem to reluctant to see this album as mainly an Alice project. Is there more here behind-the-scenes, because on the surface it is obvious this is an Alice-driven project.

The album title is based on Alice's experiences with a group of people in the 70s. The songs are picked because they are people Alice drank with. The entire theme is based on Alice's experiences and no one else. This theme also has continuity with Alice's interviews the last several years and themes he has used in his stage show (Raise the Dead).

Why not embrace the fact that this covers album is Alice-inspired and more than just a side project?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:52 am

darkmenace wrote:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you seem to reluctant to see this album as mainly an Alice project. Is there more here behind-the-scenes, because on the surface it is obvious this is an Alice-driven project.

The album title is based on Alice's experiences with a group of people in the 70s. The songs are picked because they are people Alice drank with. The entire theme is based on Alice's experiences and no one else. This theme also has continuity with Alice's interviews the last several years and themes he has used in his stage show (Raise the Dead).

Why not embrace the fact that this covers album is Alice-inspired and more than just a side project?

It is quite baffling when you consider all the evidence that supports what you are saying that Amuk is continuing along these lines. We are probably both wrong though as you know how it goes.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 am

pitkin88 wrote:
darkmenace wrote:

It is quite baffling when you consider all the evidence that supports what you are saying that Amuk is continuing along these lines. We are probably both wrong though as you know how it goes.
Baffling it is not. Are we playing "3 Degrees Of Alice Cooper"? Or were ALL the musicians on the disc not touched in some way by the Artists being honored??? :bam:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:01 am

Devon wrote:
mestreech wrote:
Devon wrote:We get it. You don't like Alice Cooper. But everything everyone has told you has been out in the open for a while. It's almost as if you really desperately want this to be an Alice Cooper solo project just for the sole purpose of having something to hate him for, and when someone tells you differently you get upset and start throwing a tantrum.

This is getting REALLY old now with almost every thread turning into the "Pitkin needs something to bitch about because he hates Alice for the devil that he is."

What a silly comment.
If you do not like the moderation on the board (a board whose rules you agreed to when signing up and are using at absolutely no cost, by the way,) then please feel free to take your complaints, in private, to either myself or Si. You are also not forced to post here or to be a member here either. This issue will not be discussed any further on this thread.
why doesn't the moderation include banning people who are, in your own words, adding nowt to the forum and in fact deliberately ruining things for other people. this has turned into a 17 page thread, at least 15 of which are worthless bitching cac.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:47 am

Unless a post is factually incorrect, or defamatory, why does it need critiquing at all? An opinion is neither right nor wrong; just one person's perspective.

So far, only one of the five HV tracks I've heard has interested me. I won't be buying the album.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:17 pm

"why doesn't the moderation include banning people who are, in your own words, adding nowt to the forum and in fact deliberately ruining things for other people. this has turned into a 17 page thread, at least 15 of which are worthless bitching cac.[/quote]"

Amen to that.
IMO those that feel that this is not an Alice inspired and led release are way off base.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Working at the library today, we got in the new Goldmine magazine which has Alice and Joe Perry on the front resurrecting the Hollywood Vampires with a massive article inside.

One of the more interesting tidbits came when Alice said and I quote "I think we wrote five originals but we didn't know which ones would actually end up on the album. I also did one song with Marilyn Manson that's probably gonna be on my next album. it just didn't fit this album as much as it's gonna fit my next album."
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:53 pm

It's a shame that this place has been turned into a bastion of negativity.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Working at the library today, we got in the new Goldmine magazine which has Alice and Joe Perry on the front resurrecting the Hollywood Vampires with a massive article inside.

One of the more interesting tidbits came when Alice said and I quote "I think we wrote five originals but we didn't know which ones would actually end up on the album. I also did one song with Marilyn Manson that's probably gonna be on my next album. it just didn't fit this album as much as it's gonna fit my next album."
Now this is very interesting, certainly more interesting than the ten pages of banal arguing that's been going on in this thread! Dare we dream of an original Alice album sooner rather than later? Probably not! But at least we know that there is something in the pipeline.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Devon wrote:
mestreech wrote:
Devon wrote:We get it. You don't like Alice Cooper. But everything everyone has told you has been out in the open for a while. It's almost as if you really desperately want this to be an Alice Cooper solo project just for the sole purpose of having something to hate him for, and when someone tells you differently you get upset and start throwing a tantrum.

This is getting REALLY old now with almost every thread turning into the "Pitkin needs something to bitch about because he hates Alice for the devil that he is."

What a silly comment.
If you do not like the moderation on the board (a board whose rules you agreed to when signing up and are using at absolutely no cost, by the way,) then please feel free to take your complaints, in private, to either myself or Si. You are also not forced to post here or to be a member here either. This issue will not be discussed any further on this thread.
If you looked closely you noticed that I made my comment BEFORE the moderator changed anything.
I have no problem at all with Si or who is in charge as moderator.
I just thought it was a silly comment and still do by the way.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm

dadascot wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Working at the library today, we got in the new Goldmine magazine which has Alice and Joe Perry on the front resurrecting the Hollywood Vampires with a massive article inside.

Now this is very interesting, certainly more interesting than the ten pages of banal arguing that's been going on in this thread! Dare we dream of an original Alice album sooner rather than later? Probably not! But at least we know that there is something in the pipeline.
Indeed this is promising news.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:00 pm

concolz wrote:Unless a post is factually incorrect, or defamatory, why does it need critiquing at all? An opinion is neither right nor wrong; just one person's perspective.

So far, only one of the five HV tracks I've heard has interested me. I won't be buying the album.

Exactly. The to and fro of peoples opinions are what make things interesting. It should not upset anyone if someone doesn't like a bloody song. There's always the ignore button.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

From pitkin88:
"What has Devon got to do with anything?"

Your comment that I commented on was a reply to him hence my response.

>Why would me not liking a track stop someone else from enjoying it?

I DIDN'T SAY THAT. STOP DEFLECTING. YOU are the one who suggests that anyone who does enjoy the new songs and says so (or at least doesn't HATE them as much as you do) is blindly defending!

> There is an unfollow button for those of you who bruise easilly.

I may have suggested you do that with my posts.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:26 pm

From darkmenace:
"Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you seem to reluctant to see this album as mainly an Alice project. "

It has nothing to do with being "reluctant". I just happen to know a bit more about what's been happening than most (if not all), the others who have posted in this thread.

>Is there more here behind-the-scenes, because on the surface it is obvious this is an Alice-driven project.

Again, the main engines are Alice and Johnny Depp (with Bob Ezrin) and if you don't believe me, that is a situation for you to deal with.

>The album title is based on Alice's experiences with a group of people in the 70s.

So?

>The songs are picked because they are people Alice drank with.

No, that isn't true. My understanding is that that was the original concept but it widened.

>The entire theme is based on Alice's experiences and no one else.

So?

>This theme also has continuity with Alice's interviews the last several years and themes he has used in his stage show (Raise the Dead).

So?

>Why not embrace the fact that this covers album is Alice-inspired and more than just a side project?

Why can't it be both those and also, why is it SO important?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm

From pitkin88:
"It is quite baffling when you consider all the evidence that supports what you are saying that Amuk is continuing along these lines."

"It is quite baffling" that you seem to suggest all the people I mentioned in my last post are all lying. Maybe you've uncovered another conspiracy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:29 pm

From Daggers & Contracts:
"Or were ALL the musicians on the disc not touched in some way by the Artists being honored???"

Do they have to be?