HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by bigbradwolf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am

recoop ignore the rubbish that's been posted on here about straight forward covers. Alice has put his twist on all of the tracks mentioned. Itchycoo Park is my favourite and is arguably the furthest away from the original of all the covers I've heard so far.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:58 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:All it is, is a side - project done for fun.
I think it's more than a side project, especially at this stage of Alice's career. His original projects are few and far between. It's been four years since W2MN and we're probably a few years away from another album.

Given the star-studded lineup this is a major release for Alice with the potential for sales that could exceed his usual releases, especially if one of the covers catches on and gets a lot of exposure in the mainstream.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:24 pm

darkmenace wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:All it is, is a side - project done for fun.
I think it's more than a side project, especially at this stage of Alice's career. His original projects are few and far between. It's been four years since W2MN and we're probably a few years away from another album.

Given the star-studded lineup this is a major release for Alice with the potential for sales that could exceed his usual releases, especially if one of the covers catches on and gets a lot of exposure in the mainstream.
I think some of what you say is true, but this isn`t a "major release for Alice Cooper'. His name isn`t on the cover (apart from the featuring sticker with everyone else). You probably haven`t heard it yet but you can barely hear him on 'Come and Get It'. It's sole purpose seems to be so the musicians involved can say that they actually played/recorded with Macca.

It strikes me more of a "hey lets get together and jam some tunes" then anything that should be considered alongside the true Alice Cooper albums. I think as Alice traveled around the world and met people he just said "you wanna take part' to everyone he came across, and if they had time they said "sure, why not".
I don`t think it's supposed to be dissected and examined the way something like W2MN can be. There is no deeper meaning to it then having fun, and "at this stage of his career" I think he has that right, annoying as it is to us who want a proper new album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:26 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Yeah pretty much impossible to make a rock song any different than the original."

Try not to put words in my mouth and remember you're supposed to be posting in good faith. Again, you don't say what you were expecting. What would you do if you were covering those songs?

What would I do? Priceless.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:29 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From sickthing:
"A whole album of straight covers with very little of the artist's stamp on the songs has very little appeal to me."

I don't disagree but some of you are behaving as if this album is the end of the world or something. All it is, is a side - project done for fun. I really don't think it was ever intended to compete with "Killer" or "Welcome To My Nightmare".

Wow the spin stops here. Now it's a side project. But remember it's a jaw dropping side project.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:37 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
"A whole album of straight covers with very little of the artist's stamp on the songs has very little appeal to me."

I don't disagree but some of you are behaving as if this album is the end of the world or something. All it is, is a side - project done for fun. I really don't think it was ever intended to compete with "Killer" or "Welcome To My Nightmare".

Wow the spin stops here. Now it's a side project. But remember it's a jaw dropping side project.
Kyler stated in February that it was a Hollywood Vampires project, and not an Alice Cooper album. It's always been a side project.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8942&p=276223#p276223
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:38 pm

recoop wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Schools Out, Dead Drunk Friends, I Got A Line On You and My Generation now on youtube as vevo videos...Enjoy!
Good spot-listened to them again this morning- on SO,I got a line and MG I can hear enough difference from originals and past covers to interest me. I like DDF (the chorus? behind sounds a bit like the Muppets crossed with a London musical to me)

I haven't heard much else but on strength of these four tracks and the track list in total I will buy it on CD. I am sure the CD sound will reveal more subtle sonic improvements to my laptop.

The only question is whether to buy straight away or wait until the definitive, all inclusive CD with bonus tracks (whenever that might be-any clues anyone?)

I think the sound is better on YT but the songs are the same...average. I Got A Line is probably the best. DDF's chorus is very pirate like. Arrrgghhh.

Only clue so far is the Jap version with the extra track. Doesn't matter when you buy as it was in the can forever and the proceeds will end up going to charity at some point anyway. Who knows if there will be a cut as good as Under The Bed on any bonus tracks if any. On the evidence so far i seriously doubt.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

Kyler stated in February that it was a Hollywood Vampires project, and not an Alice Cooper album. It's always been a side project.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8942&p=276223#p276223

Who are they again? Alice and Johnny? Alice is calling all the shots here.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:18 am

We get it. You don't like Alice Cooper. But everything everyone has told you has been out in the open for a while. It's almost as if you really desperately want this to be an Alice Cooper solo project just for the sole purpose of having something to hate him for, and when someone tells you differently you get upset and start throwing a tantrum.

This is getting REALLY old now with almost every thread turning into the "Pitkin needs something to bitch about because he hates Alice for the devil that he is."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:25 am

Devon wrote:We get it. You don't like Alice Cooper. But everything everyone has told you has been out in the open for a while. It's almost as if you really desperately want this to be an Alice Cooper solo project just for the sole purpose of having something to hate him for, and when someone tells you differently you get upset and start throwing a tantrum.

This is getting REALLY old now with almost every thread turning into the "Pitkin needs something to bitch about because he hates Alice for the devil that he is."

Hey Moderator what is getting old is the blind defending of everything Alice. There are others here who don't like the direction of the album but I don't see you addressing them. I am listening to the tracks and giving them a fair shake. Sorry if that hurts you so much.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 am

There are side projects and side projects.

Flash Fearless, for example, or co-writing a comic book, are side projects of an entirely different magnitude than the Hollywood Vampires. Those were minor side projects and Hollywood Vampires is a major one.

Hollywood Vampires has the hallmarks of being an Alice project. It's an Alice-led and Alice-inspired concept. The band name and album title are mainly based on his experiences, not other people in the band.

I think Alice (and/or others) realized a while back that a cover album by him alone wouldn't garner much attention or sell many copies. But putting together an all-star band with famous guests would raise the profile of the "covers" album, making it a media event. This assures greater sales and exposure.

And I think it was a great idea.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:29 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Hey Moderator what is getting old is the blind defending of everything Alice. There are others here who don't like the direction of the album but I don't see you addressing them. I am listening to the tracks and giving them a fair shake. Sorry if that hurts you so much.
This proves what I'm saying. It's okay if you have don't like the new album, however, as usual, the thread is turning into an argument with you and when people try to tell you something you twist what they say or put words in their mouth KNOWING you're provoking them. I said NOTHING about you disliking the album, but on that note it isn't unexpected since you've been vocal of your disdain for Alice for a while and it's pretty evident now.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:47 pm

From pitkin88:
"What would I do? Priceless."

Yes. What would you do?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:00 pm

From pitkin88:
"Hey Moderator what is getting old is the blind defending of everything Alice."

This is ridiculous. That means nobody can ever contradict your statements. So therefore, anyone who likes these versions of these songs is "blindly defending" according to that logic. Why would you refer to it as "Blind defending" when things you know nothing about are explained to you in more detail than you deserve?

> There are others here who don't like the direction of the album but I don't see you addressing them.

Not all those posts are as unrelentingly negative and cynical as your posts are. Those people generally don't post thinking they know what's going on when they do not and those people generally don't post with the main intention of being completely negative and cynical.

> I am listening to the tracks and giving them a fair shake. Sorry if that hurts you so much.

You are giving your posts too much credit. Not liking what you've heard is totally fine but continuing to wrap your posts in sneering cynicism as you have always done is pointless and unnecessary.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:06 pm

From dark meance:
"It's an Alice-led

Again, that isn't true.

> This assures greater sales and exposure.

Well, you'd hope so but we'll see what happens with that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From dark meance:
"It's an Alice-led

Again, that isn't true.

> This assures greater sales and exposure.

Well, you'd hope so but we'll see what happens with that.

Who is leading this then? Did Johnny Depp have any dead friends? Maybe Freddy Kruegger. Was anyone else a member of The Hollywood Vampires?

I think the jaw droppers have fans so I am guessing he would get greater exposure through their fan bases.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:22 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Hey Moderator what is getting old is the blind defending of everything Alice."

This is ridiculous. That means nobody can ever contradict your statements. So therefore, anyone who likes these versions of these songs is "blindly defending" according to that logic. Why would you refer to it as "Blind defending" when things you know nothing about are explained to you in more detail than you deserve?

> There are others here who don't like the direction of the album but I don't see you addressing them.

Not all those posts are as unrelentingly negative and cynical as your posts are. Those people generally don't post thinking they know what's going on when they do not and those people generally don't post with the main intention of being completely negative and cynical.

> I am listening to the tracks and giving them a fair shake. Sorry if that hurts you so much.

You are giving your posts too much credit. Not liking what you've heard is totally fine but continuing to wrap your posts in sneering cynicism as you have always done is pointless and unnecessary.

How can I give my posts too much credit? I just post. If someone wants to give my posts credit that's up to them. I'm not sure it's even possible to credit your own posts. Maybe Si could put a like button and then I can like my own posts.

By the way I liked The Toymaster song in a recent thread. If you would like a list of what songs I do like on the solo albums I will try to provide when I have a moment. Generally after Da Da it's often around 4 or 5 songs per album. Exceptions would be The Last Temptation and Brutal Planet where I pretty much like the whole album. I am certainly not looking for Alice to make bad albums. If he'd have kept the same direction as the early 80's albums I would still be a huge fan.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:00 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From dark meance:
"It's an Alice-led

Again, that isn't true.
Please elaborate.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:18 am

Devon wrote:We get it. You don't like Alice Cooper. But everything everyone has told you has been out in the open for a while. It's almost as if you really desperately want this to be an Alice Cooper solo project just for the sole purpose of having something to hate him for, and when someone tells you differently you get upset and start throwing a tantrum.

What a silly comment.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:20 am

mestreech wrote:

What a silly comment.
If you do not like the moderation on the board (a board whose rules you agreed to when signing up and are using at absolutely no cost, by the way,) then please feel free to take your complaints, in private, to either myself or Si. You are also not forced to post here or to be a member here either. This issue will not be discussed any further on this thread.