Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:34 pm

From revinkevin:
"IMO those that feel that this is not an Alice inspired and led release are way off base."

Even if both of those are true (although only one is) that still doesn't mean it isn't a side - project though.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:35 pm

From pitkin88:
"It should not upset anyone if someone doesn't like a bloody song."

That isn't the cause of any "upset".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:03 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From darkmenace:
"Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you seem to reluctant to see this album as mainly an Alice project. "

It has nothing to do with being "reluctant". I just happen to know a bit more about what's been happening than most (if not all), the others who have posted in this thread.

>Is there more here behind-the-scenes, because on the surface it is obvious this is an Alice-driven project.

Again, the main engines are Alice and Johnny Depp (with Bob Ezrin) and if you don't believe me, that is a situation for you to deal with.

>The album title is based on Alice's experiences with a group of people in the 70s.

So?

>The songs are picked because they are people Alice drank with.

No, that isn't true. My understanding is that that was the original concept but it widened.

>The entire theme is based on Alice's experiences and no one else.

So?

>This theme also has continuity with Alice's interviews the last several years and themes he has used in his stage show (Raise the Dead).

So?

>Why not embrace the fact that this covers album is Alice-inspired and more than just a side project?

Why can't it be both those and also, why is it SO important?

You know why SO. It is you that is deflecting.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Anyone in favour of moving on? Amuk says one thing which a bunch of us are not buying. So what? Has anyone heard anymore songs or when we can expect them?

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:08 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: >Why not embrace the fact that this covers album is Alice-inspired and more than just a side project?

I'm not sure anything at message boards are terribly important, just discussion. I only raised this issue because you disagreed when I said the project was Alice-driven. Perhaps just a matter of semantics.

Based on what I'm hearing this is a band project that is primarily driven by Alice's experiences and vision. While it may be considered a side project in the broad sense of the expression, it is a high-impact side project that will probably be an important part of Alice's legacy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:34 pm

darkmenace wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote: >Why not embrace the fact that this covers album is Alice-inspired and more than just a side project?

I'm not sure anything at message boards are terribly important, just discussion. I only raised this issue because you disagreed when I said the project was Alice-driven. Perhaps just a matter of semantics.

Based on what I'm hearing this is a band project that is primarily driven by Alice's experiences and vision. While it may be considered a side project in the broad sense of the expression, it is a high-impact side project that will probably be an important part of Alice's legacy.

Well said. I think some of us thought Amuk calling it a side project was to deflect from the rather lacklustre songs so far. As if it really didn't matter much. More of a stop gap if anything .

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Does anyone know who chose the songs? Was it the committee of 3 Alice, Ezrin and Depp?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:49 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Daggers & Contracts:
"Or were ALL the musicians on the disc not touched in some way by the Artists being honored???"

Do they have to be?
Answer no.

An all encompassing statement of opinion for once leaning to your side. Thanks :smack:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:28 pm

From pitkin88:
"You know why SO."

No, go on - tell us why it's so important.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:35 pm

From pitkin88:
"Amuk says one thing which a bunch of us are not buying"

Well, OK then. In that case, I don't mind you not believing me and I don't even mind if you choose not to believe the official press - release, but if what I'm saying is not true, then what Bob Ezrin, Alice, Alice's assistant and Tommy Henriksen have all told me about the album privately for the last two years or so (and which matches all public statements made so far ) is not true. Not only that but what Alice says at the beginning of the interview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txevqvJOl7I is not true. After all, these people actually made the album, but no, that doesn't count for anything and only what you and one or two others who had no involvement in the album (correct me if I'm wrong) say can be true.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

From darkmenace:
"it is a high-impact side project that will probably be an important part of Alice's legacy."

If only that were true but I doubt it. The "Pin - Ups" album was very successful but I doubt people consider that to be one of the greatest or one of the most "important" things David Bowie ever created.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:39 pm

From pitkin88:
"Well said. I think some of us thought Amuk calling it a side project was to deflect from the rather lacklustre songs so far."

Nice try but actually it was to make the point that this isn't an Alice Cooper album as such and that would still apply even the material was amazingly good.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:41 pm

From Daggers & Contracts:
"Answer no."

So why did you raise it?

>An all encompassing statement of opinion for once leaning to your side. Thanks

I don't know what this means.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:43 pm

So any updates when we can hear more songs?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:44 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Does anyone know who chose the songs? Was it the committee of 3 Alice, Ezrin and Depp?

Amuk?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Amuk says one thing which a bunch of us are not buying"

Well, OK then. In that case, I don't mind you not believing me and I don't even mind if you choose not to believe the official press - release, but if what I'm saying is not true, then what Bob Ezrin, Alice, Alice's assistant and Tommy Henriksen have all told me about the album privately for the last two years or so (and which matches all public statements made so far ) is not true. Not only that but what Alice says at the beginning of the interview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txevqvJOl7I is not true. After all, these people actually made the album, but no, that doesn't count for anything and only what you and one or two others who had no involvement in the album (correct me if I'm wrong) say can be true.

Interesting Alice says " Our " dead drunk friends. I wasn't aware that Joe, Bob Ezrin or Johnny Depp drank with Marc, Lennon, Moon, Dolenz et al. If true that makes sense that this is not an Alice led project. They even opened for The Doors.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:59 pm

pitkin88 wrote:So any updates when we can hear more songs?
Every song but "the Last Vampire' (an intro) and the doors songs have been played on NWAC.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:So any updates when we can hear more songs?
Every song but "the Last Vampire' (an intro) and the doors songs have been played on NWAC.
Thanks for that. I'm not sure I want to download the app though. Do you have any favourites? Does anything really stand out? I know you said Whole Lotta Love had a unique intro and that Jeepster was pretty much just a straight cover.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:51 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote: Thanks for that. I'm not sure I want to download the app though. Do you have any favourites? Does anything really stand out? I know you said Whole Lotta Love had a unique intro and that Jeepster was pretty much just a straight cover.
Just my opinions of course but things that "stand out"?
'Raise The Dead' is a pretty good rocker. Should be added to the live set.
'Whole Lotta Love' is pretty good, especially the intro
The 'One' part of 'One/Jump Into The Fire' is really good, unfortunatly it's much too short and the 'Jump..' part is just one guitar riff for four minutes doing nothing with the same words repeated. The outro is a little amusing though (I won`t spoil it).
'Cold Turkey' is pretty good. Not that familiar with the original.
'Dear Drunk Friends' is very good.

The rest, to me, is all okay (well played and produced), but nothing outstanding. They are all the sort of things that used to be on b-sides of singles (now itunes/Japan bonus tracks haha) and were great for that purpose, but you didn`t really want a whole album of them.

All in all its a pleasant enough listen, but I don`t think it's something you'll go back to a great deal. Which to be honest is kinda what I expected it to be.
I just hope Alice gets this out of his system relatively soon, and puts together a new original album. The two original tracks point to it being very good.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for your two cents. I was thinking One might be the standout as it is not a song you could imagine him doing. I was never a fan of Lennon's Cold Turkey. Way too shrill and bleak. I'm thinking I might like the cover more.