HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Concolz has already listed players, but the person in Australia who gave the SO/Brick musicians said Alice corrected himself on NWAC today, noting Neal Smith as the drummer. And that listing would also show Dunaway instead of Garric.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Past Midnight and Spotify now has the play button for the tracks but they wont play. Giving up for now.
Looks like they went with midnight California time. They are available now.

I quite like "Dead Drunk Friends."
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Tommy H. heavily involved; with Glen S. on a few tracks , but nothing for Ryan or Chuck?! Squealer Johnson on 'Whole Lotta Love' - can just imagine the 'testicles in a vice' perfomance he'll give.

Don't know much about Abe Laboriel Jnr., apart from him being a session drummer, and working with Macca; never heard of Charle Judge!

Neal said in an interview, back in February, that he and Dennis had recorded "a couple of things" with Alice - so maybe one more on the superduperdeluxe version?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Thank you!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:03 pm

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:35 pm

'RTD' clip sounds like an out-take from 'W2MN'. (SIX people credited with writing it!) I've liked 'I Got A Line' best - a beefed up, poppier rendition that doesn't outstay its welcome. 'School's Out/Brick' was Spinal Tap. (Just noticed ORIANTHI is on 'Whole Lotta Love'!)

Are the 'jaw dropping' guests confined to the deluxe versions then?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:16 pm

The version of I Got A Line is wayyy better. It's played as a hard rock song and not metalled out like the last one. Brian Johnson ruins School's Out which is not that good to begin with. Dead Drunk Friends has parts I like and parts I don't. Need to losten a few times before I can give an opinion.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:21 pm

What do you think so far Amuk?

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:38 pm

pitkin88 wrote:The version of I Got A Line is wayyy better. It's played as a hard rock song and not metalled out like the last one. Brian Johnson ruins School's Out which is not that good to begin with. Dead Drunk Friends has parts I like and parts I don't. Need to losten a few times before I can give an opinion.
I'll probably like the "metalled out" version better.

I think having this called The Hollywood Vampires and having the guesst it has has really made this seem like a big deal to me. I wasn't at all interested in an Alice Cooper covers album but I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not gonna listen to any of it until I buy the album in September!!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:33 pm

From pitkin88:
"What do you think so far Amuk?"

I don't know why that matters but the new song is great (although I wasn't sure about the chorus at first) and the new version of "I Got A Line On You" is good too.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:

I don't know why that matters
He's just trying to get you involved so he can fight with someone, as normal.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Si wrote:

I don't know why that matters
He's just trying to get you involved so he can fight with someone, as normal.

Mind reader now are we?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:57 pm

I don't know why that matters but the new song is great (although I wasn't sure about the chorus at first) and the new version of "I Got A Line On You" is good too.

Please delete your answer sorry I asked a question.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:14 pm

concolz wrote:'RTD' clip sounds like an out-take from 'W2MN'. (SIX people credited with writing it!) I've liked 'I Got A Line' best - a beefed up, poppier rendition that doesn't outstay its welcome. 'School's Out/Brick' was Spinal Tap. (Just noticed ORIANTHI is on 'Whole Lotta Love'!)

Must admit I'm very impressed with the guests on this, to me it is pretty jaw dropping. Just out of intrest who would it take on there to make your jaw drop?
Boomshanka

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:33 pm

James1981 wrote:
concolz wrote:'RTD' clip sounds like an out-take from 'W2MN'. (SIX people credited with writing it!) I've liked 'I Got A Line' best - a beefed up, poppier rendition that doesn't outstay its welcome. 'School's Out/Brick' was Spinal Tap. (Just noticed ORIANTHI is on 'Whole Lotta Love'!)

Must admit I'm very impressed with the guests on this, to me it is pretty jaw dropping. Just out of intrest who would it take on there to make your jaw drop?

It is jaw dropping to Alice to others it would be be a bit dad rock. Add to Michael to Neal and Dennis and my jaw would drop.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm

James1981 wrote:

It's the inflation of the English language which really irks me. If Alice had said that there were some 'interesting' guests, then I would have agreed with his choice of vocabulary regarding Paul McC/Christopher Lee/Dennis/Neal/Orianthi.

Of course, the music industry is geared up for maximum hype, since record companies/artists have a product to flog; as an 'NME' headline once said of Alice: "Hype, Hype, Hooray".

There are very few musicians who have ever qualified for the term 'jaw dropping' - ACG would have, at one point - and none that I can think of at present. Obama or Putin - both sing/play guitar - would have qualified though! (My jaw did drop re Brian Johnson, but not in a good way!)
Last edited by concolz on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
James1981 wrote:

It is jaw dropping to Alice to others it would be be a bit dad rock. Add to Michael to Neal and Dennis and my jaw would drop.
So would your pants probably.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Just bought the 3 tracks from iTunes & that brings me up to 6 versions of I Got a Line on You(Spirit, Blackfoot, Kim Mitchell of Max Webster, the Woggles, & 2 versions by Alice). I really like these 3 songs. After hearing My Dead Drunk Friends I thought it would've been kind of cool if they would have mixed in that Going to the Graveyard tune the band did with Is it my Body.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Wonder why Mike Bruce wasn't on SO with Neal & Dennis.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Are the 'jaw dropping' guests confined to the deluxe versions then?[/quote]

Must admit I'm very impressed with the guests on this, to me it is pretty jaw dropping. Just out of intrest who would it take on there to make your jaw drop?[/quote]

It is jaw dropping to Alice to others it would be be a bit dad rock. Add to Michael to Neal and Dennis and my jaw would drop.[/quote]
So would your pants probably.[/quote]

Your fantasy eh?