Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by ElectedPlus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:27 pm

[quote="bigbradwolf"]
There's a couple of uninspiring ones on here namely the Schools Out/Brick in the Wall track which works great live but I'm not sure we needed a studio version of it.[/quote]

I remember Alice saying that they have been recording some shows to select the best cut for the album, perhaps this is one of them. I hope so, as it works well live.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:07 pm

ElectedPlus wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote: There's a couple of uninspiring ones on here namely the Schools Out/Brick in the Wall track which works great live but I'm not sure we needed a studio version of it.
I remember Alice saying that they have been recording some shows to select the best cut for the album, perhaps this is one of them. I hope so, as it works well live.

I hope it is not live as I dont like live tracks sitting next to studio tracks. I think you are right though.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Also, can anyone shed some light on the fact Alice is doing another version of I've got a line on you?

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Kinda disappointed there's no Monkees track here considering Micky Dolenz was in the Vampires.

That would have upped the fun quotient for sure.

Totally agree that Micky Dolenz should have been included either as a vocalist or by covering a Monkees song. "Stepping Stone" would have been a cool choice for Alice.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:14 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:Also, can anyone shed some light on the fact Alice is doing another version of I've got a line on you?

I'm sure he is as I really cant see them putting a track on here that's years old can you?

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Don't forget it has been mentioned that there may very well be a few bonus tracks so those wanting a Monkees track may not be left disappointed. We'll wait and see.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Kinda disappointed there's no Monkees track here considering Micky Dolenz was in the Vampires.

Totally agree that Micky Dolenz should have been included either as a vocalist or by covering a Monkees song. "Stepping Stone" would have been a cool choice for Alice.

A predictable one though. Does Dolenz even sing anymore? Personally I was hoping we'd see Anne Murray.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:

Totally agree that Micky Dolenz should have been included either as a vocalist or by covering a Monkees song.
Unless I missed something how do you know he isn`t on the album?
There are more guests to be announced I believe.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:Also, can anyone shed some light on the fact Alice is doing another version of I've got a line on you?

I also doubt there will be any light shedding here until we get an official announcement. This was a great scoop on the track listing though. Another thought on I Got A Line is maybe Alice was unhappy with the way he cut it the first time. Pretty standard run through. I never cared for it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Si wrote:
Mr.Bluelegs wrote:

Totally agree that Micky Dolenz should have been included either as a vocalist or by covering a Monkees song.

Unless a Monkees song was recorded it would be unlikely. It's not like he is a reknowned vocalist or drummer.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote: Unless I missed something how do you know he isn`t on the album?

Unless a Monkees song was recorded it would be unlikely. It's not like he is a reknowned vocalist or drummer.
There are no Nirvana/Foos songs or AC/DC songs either in the tracklist so I don`t think that can stand as the criteria for being a guest.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm

I guess it's always possible additional tracks will show up as bonus tracks on alternate versions.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

There are no Nirvana/Foos songs or AC/DC songs either in the tracklist so I don`t think that can stand as the criteria for being a guest.

True but they are musicians.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

Does this mean that Grohl has featured on the album? Angus?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I guess it's always possible additional tracks will show up as bonus tracks on alternate versions.

Possible? Highly likely.Expect to buy at least 3 versions and some Itunes exclusives if you want all the tracks.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Totally agree that Micky Dolenz should have been included either as a vocalist or by covering a Monkees song. [/quote]

There are more guests to be announced I believe.[/quote]

Unless a Monkees song was recorded it would be unlikely. It's not like he is a reknowned vocalist or drummer.[/quote]

Yes Micky Dolenz is still singing. I'm going to see him and Peter Tork in 4 weeks time. He is still a fine singer (admittedly not a rock singer) and as far as his drumming goes, Zappa asked him to play drums with The Mothers in the early 70s. Micky declined through a lack of confidence in his own drumming ability.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Unless a Monkees song was recorded it would be unlikely. It's not like he is a reknowned vocalist or drummer.[/quote]

There are no Nirvana/Foos songs or AC/DC songs either in the tracklist so I don`t think that can stand as the criteria for being a guest.[/quote]

Does this mean that Grohl has featured on the album? Angus?[/quote]

Grohl is EVERYWHERE. Brian Johnson. He provided the Newcastle Brown for the Vampires.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Paul wrote:Totally agree that Micky Dolenz should have been included either as a vocalist or by covering a Monkees song.
There are more guests to be announced I believe.[/quote]

Yes Micky Dolenz is still singing. I'm going to see him and Peter Tork in 4 weeks time. He is still a fine singer (admittedly not a rock singer) and as far as his drumming goes, Zappa asked him to play drums with The Mothers in the early 70s. Micky declined through a lack of confidence in his own drumming ability.[/quote]

Mickey was right. I do like quite a few Monkees songs and Micky certainly broke up Davey's sugary vocals.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:12 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Does this mean that Grohl has featured on the album? Angus?
Alice named both Grohl and Brian Johnson as being on the album some time ago.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:08 pm

I can't think of any AC music that seems influenced by the MONKEES. Isn't this supposed to be a tribute to his influences?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.