Alice Cooper live on broadway

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Alice Cooper live on broadway

Post by Keith1980 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:57 am

The last temptation begins the showman lures steven into the theater of the real.

He meets his temptation just before leaving the theater and heads home

He finaly goes to bed for that night and has a very horrible nightmare that tales place for 2 hours

He goes thru spiders and his dead cold lover ethal and falls deeper into a really brutal plant style dream that leads him to dragon town

He wakes up

Intermission

He knows if he falls asleep again he will have a seriously bad dream and night night wake up but he cant stay awake forever

Welcome 2 his nightmare again

This time time hes on a train and its a out to crash he gors thru it all and meets him the devil herself finds out hes dead

He wakes up and finishes his last temptation and the showman is very displeased with stevens rejection. We'll meet again Steven.

Steven escape

The broadway show ends

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper live on broadway

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 am

He's already schlocky enough these days I hope we never see him on Broadway.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:34 pm

I've always thought there certainly is enough material in the AC catalogue to put together a cohesive show for broadway. I don't believe I would want Alice in it though.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:10 pm

No, please !
That would really be the final blow.
Hollywood Squares and The Muppet Show was bad enough.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:47 am

TodayMueller wrote:No, please !
He was great on the muppets

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:51 am

TodayMueller wrote:No, please !

Agreed.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:10 am

I say that Disney merge the two on Broadway. The Muppets Go To Heck" (hey remember it's family friendly) featuring the songs of Alice Cooper.

The show starts with Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" and he slides down the rainbow thinking he will land in a pot of gold--only to find it's a boiling cauldron. There the nightmare begins!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:16 pm

I could see Trash on Broadway.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 pm

MrD Returns:
"I've always thought there certainly is enough material in the AC catalogue to put together a cohesive show for broadway."

It could be argued that the "Welcome To My Nightmare" show and the next two shows were a form of Broadway show.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:43 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:MrD Returns:
"I've always thought there certainly is enough material in the AC catalogue to put together a cohesive show for broadway."

It could be argued that the "Welcome To My Nightmare" show and the next two shows were a form of Broadway show.
They were basically a traveling musical. If I remember it correctly "The King Of The Silver Screen" tour was talked up as being a sort of Las Vegas style revue. I think it was choreographed by the person who did Ann-Margret's Vegas show at the time.

I always felt--and perhaps it could be confirmed--that they were trying to get Alice to be a "house show" in Vegas in the same vein as Elvis. I think it was even being considered to be at the Sahara Hotel.

I believe they had big plans if the Escargot experiment worked. To take Alice to Vegas, movies. television, etc. I personally always felt-and I've said it on here before-- that L&W plays like a soundtrack to a television variety show, and I'm thinking that also was something they may have wanted to try to do.

I'm not much for speculating on "what might have been" scenarios, but I think if Escargot was a success how much different things would have been. Alice could have ended up being Tony Orlando & Dawn!

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:40 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:MrD Returns:

Seems I remember one of those "Ask Alice" videos where he mentions the same thing.
Regardless, if some broadway producer can make hit shows using ABBA and Four Seasons songs then it seems there would be plenty of material to make one from the AC cannon.
But I again say I would prefer that Alice himself not be in it. Maybe a musical version of Super Dooper. Only have some MB presence for this one.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm

From MrD Returns:
"Regardless, if some broadway producer can make hit shows using ABBA and Four Seasons songs then it seems there would be plenty of material to make one from the AC cannon."

There is a bit more to it than just the songs though (there is what is called the 'book'). However, there is no doubt that Alice's image, history and songs do lend themselves to that treatment. Something based on "Welcome To My Nightmare" would be the obvious example but as is always the case, it would involve a massive financial investments. If there's anyone here with several million dollars to spare, do let me know and I'll make the introductions.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:05 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From MrD Returns:
"Regardless, if some broadway producer can make hit shows using ABBA and Four Seasons songs then it seems there would be plenty of material to make one from the AC cannon."

There is a bit more to it than just the songs though (there is what is called the 'book'). However, there is no doubt that Alice's image, history and songs do lend themselves to that treatment. Something based on "Welcome To My Nightmare" would be the obvious example but as is always the case, it would involve a massive financial investments. If there's anyone here with several million dollars to spare, do let me know and I'll make the introductions.
Comments like that make me want to hit the lottery even more LOL

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Aside from the fact that I don't have spare change much less spare millions, my involvement would only guarantee a flop. ::((:

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 pm

MrD Returns wrote:Aside from the fact that I don't have spare change much less spare millions, my involvement would only guarantee a flop. ::((:
Maybe, as in the Producers (1968) film someone would take it on with the intention of it being a flop lol (at least the fans who want to see it would get to)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 pm

The time for this would have been the 70's. Alice does not have the audience or pulling power for this now.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:02 am

From pitkin88:
"The time for this would have been the 70's. Alice does not have the audience or pulling power for this now."

That may be true, but so called 'jukebox musicals' weren't around then and also, they generally aren't performed just to rock audiences - they're also performed to Broadway audiences (a good number of which are tourists who just want to go and see a show) which are different. Also, there have been some surprise hits like the musicals based on The Four Seasons and Carole King for example and I'm not sure they're any more poopular as artists than Alice is.