Covers Albums Release Date

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Covers Albums Release Date

Post by andyrew » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:13 am

Does anyone know when the Hollywood Vampires album will be released?
I keep hearing September, although I think a halloween release date would be more appropriate.

But there hasn't been any promotion for it, any recent news (besides Alice repeatedly saying who will be featured on it/songs on it), no cover art released or clips/videos.

I'm a bit surprised considering his past releases always had some sort of pre-release of new material. Unless he's going to release this in 2016...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Covers Albums Release Date

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:25 am

Someone probably does but he cant say. Keep checking the news page.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:47 am

Release date Octember 44th, 2112 but don't tell anyone - it's a super duper secret

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:36 am

Danzig's releasing a covers album too, they could get together for a covers tour :-D
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

The 12th of never
:yawn:
It must be true A_Michael said so

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Release date Octember 44th, 2112 but don't tell anyone - it's a super duper secret
Cool!! that's my birthday!
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:17 am

I thought It was released during spring of 2014 .?? That's what Alice said . Ohhhh sorry it was Alice talking about a new album to be released so I must had added 1.5 year on the a proximate release date :) :)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:26 am

I blame Motley Crue.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:59 am

I got the impression it was going to be released in September at one point, however now that we're into July without any official word, that looks unlikely.

If I were a betting man, I'd now bet any delay is related to holding the album back to coincide with some sort of Hollywood Vampires tour in 2016.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:24 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I got the impression it was going to be released in September at one point, however now that we're into July without any official word, that looks unlikely.

If I were a betting man, I'd now bet any delay is related to holding the album back to coincide with some sort of Hollywood Vampires tour in 2016.

If it is not out by Sept/Oct then It will be 2016. Whether it would make that much difference in sales to coincide with a Vampires tour I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it might be given away free with a newspaper at this point. There's certainly no rush to recoop what money was spent making it.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:19 pm

pitkin88 wrote: If it is not out by Sept/Oct then It will be 2016. Whether it would make that much difference in sales to coincide with a Vampires tour I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it might be given away free with a newspaper at this point. There's certainly no rush to recoop what money was spent making it.
Now that the project has been established as more of a supergroup thing, a tour of some sort makes the most sense. And if there is some sort of tour, no doubt there will be a promotional push with interviews, appearances, etc. A Tonight Show appearance could easily be landed with their clout.

It simply wouldn't make sense to release the album and then wait another 6-9 months to promote it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:34 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: If it is not out by Sept/Oct then It will be 2016. Whether it would make that much difference in sales to coincide with a Vampires tour I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it might be given away free with a newspaper at this point. There's certainly no rush to recoop what money was spent making it.
Now that the project has been established as more of a supergroup thing, a tour of some sort makes the most sense. And if there is some sort of tour, no doubt there will be a promotional push with interviews, appearances, etc. A Tonight Show appearance could easily be landed with their clout.

It simply wouldn't make sense to release the album and then wait another 6-9 months to promote it.
I only hope and pray that if a "Tonight Show" appearance takes place that Alice once again appears with the dancing chickens.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:43 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I got the impression it was going to be released in September at one point, however now that we're into July without any official word, that looks unlikely.

If it is not out by Sept/Oct then It will be 2016. Whether it would make that much difference in sales to coincide with a Vampires tour I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it might be given away free with a newspaper at this point. There's certainly no rush to recoop what money was spent making it.
I think the delay might be due to them waiting for Yoko Ono to finish her vocals on the cover version of "Revolution #9".

RadkaB
Trash
Trash

Post by RadkaB » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:53 am

In Vienna he said, that it would be in September 2015. I hope so! Really looking forward to it! :clap:

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:41 am

Here's the latest from Alice himself in a recent interview:

"We just got back from Stockholm a couple days ago," the singer says. "And we leave Tuesday. We're out 'til September. Then, I go off with the Hollywood Vampires. They're my side project. Johnny Depp. Joe Perry. Matt Sorum. Paul McCartney's on the record, but I don't think he's gonna be in the touring band. Duff McKagan. We dedicated an album to all of our dead drunk friends, all the guys that died that we used to drink with. It's a pretty good album. And then we're gonna do some shows, some charity shows and Rock in Rio. It's a pretty good lineup."

The Hollywood Vampires album is due to arrive in September.

"It's been done for three months now," Cooper. "I've never done a covers album. And it's not an Alice Cooper album. It's a Hollywood Vampires album. Brian Johnson, from AC/DC, is one of the singers. Paul McCartney plays piano and bass and sings. We've known Paul for 35 years, but when he walks in your studio? Different thing."

Wish Alice said it was more than "a pretty good album," but that's the way it goes.

The rest of the article:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... /29971405/

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:27 am

So, 2 months, huh?

COVER ART RELEALED

Truly, though, I hope the cover art is truly a work of art.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:48 pm

What about the "couple of new songs " :( ?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:35 am

Holly Grail wrote:What about the "couple of new songs " :( ?

No doubt there will be more than one version of the album and you will need all of them to collect all the songs. The new songs will no doubt be on one of the versions.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:32 am

Dannorama wrote:So, 2 months, huh?

COVER ART RELEALED

Truly, though, I hope the cover art is truly a work of art.
So this what you posted above is the official artwork for the covers album?? Or not? Let me know please .

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am

I'm 100% sure it's not.It was from an interview printed awhile back.