Monster dog

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Monster dog

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Just got the dvd and all i can say is they made it as cheep as the movie itself. No bonouses. No behind the sceens or audio commentary. Just the movie itself. The back cover tells us what the movie is about kinda. It would be helpfull if the leople who make the covers actually watch the movie. Cooper plays lou according to the cover. Well he plays vincent not lou. A nice little biogrophy of alice is on the dvd. Spelling errors such as his wifes name Sheryl they spell it Cheryl. Packaging for the dvd sucks the editiing sucks too. And what the hell is wrong with alices voice lmao sounded nothing like him. Hope that was his acting voice and not someone doubing his voice. Odd hearing cooper cus like he did in the film tho lol. I have to add their are sceens in the film that if i didnt know better id think it was al pacino not alice cooper. Wow.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Monster dog

Post by Si » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks Si,
Apparently I have the 84min. VHS version that I purchased long before I joined this site & found it forgettable except for Identity Crisises, I did enjoy reading the backstory though. :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:23 am

Keith1980 wrote:Just got the dvd and all i can say is they made it as cheep as the movie itself. No bonouses. No behind the sceens or audio commentary. Just the movie itself. The back cover tells us what the movie is about kinda. It would be helpfull if the leople who make the covers actually watch the movie. Cooper plays lou according to the cover. Well he plays vincent not lou. A nice little biogrophy of alice is on the dvd. Spelling errors such as his wifes name Sheryl they spell it Cheryl. Packaging for the dvd sucks the editiing sucks too. And what the hell is wrong with alices voice lmao sounded nothing like him. Hope that was his acting voice and not someone doubing his voice. Odd hearing cooper cus like he did in the film tho lol. I have to add their are sceens in the film that if i didnt know better id think it was al pacino not alice cooper. Wow.

when does accuracy and the truth bother anyone in the inner circle? No doubt part of Shep's master plan of story telling.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:39 pm

I had to laugh Keith 1980 when you wrote that the DVD packaging and editing sucks- that is no surprise as, despite being an ardent AC fan, I believe the whole film sucks!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:26 am

The two songs are great though. Sadly hair metal was just around the corner and far scarier than any Monster Dog.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:21 pm

I liked Identity Crisis- hair metal was scary but it funded other Alice goodies imo like Last Temptation and Brutal P (sounds painful) AND Alice got out of hair metal pretty quick after he had received payment for Trash lol

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:43 pm

I love hair metal but so I may be in the minority on this forum but I liked the Trash album quite a bit and I think Hey Stoopid is one of Alice's better albums. I wish he would add "Love's a Loaded Gun" or "Wind-Up Toy" to the setlist sometime.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:54 pm

I give monster dog 2 thumbs up

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 am

Keith1980 wrote:I give monster dog 2 thumbs up

Why? It is almost unwatchable. Not sure if they ever used Alice's voice on later releases but on the early ones it sounded like it was dubbed by another actor.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:02 am

That's because Alice's voice was dubbed by another actor (Ted Rusoff, according to IMDb).

Hunter

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:16 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Keith1980 wrote:I give monster dog 2 thumbs up

Why? It is almost unwatchable. Not sure if they ever used Alice's voice on later releases but on the early ones it sounded like it was dubbed by another actor.
On this I disagree. The movie IS unwatchable.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I always thought the movie would have much better if they used Ricardo Montleban to dub Alice's voice.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I always thought the movie would have much better if they used Ricardo Montleban to dub Alice's voice.
You are living in a fantasy lol. There would have to have been a budget for the film if they had hired Ricardo!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:01 pm

That's true--I'm sure Herve Villechaize would have worked for less. Also, I think Herve would have been an even better choice.

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Why was it dubbed anyway ? Were the original dialogues recorded in another language than English ?
I thought Alice only spoke English. In this case, why bother and re-do all dialogues in the same language it was recorded in ? Why another amount of useless work when budget was not there in the first place ? Never heard about such practices anywhere else ! Someone here has an explanation ? Andy, perhaps ?
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Steven Lee Cooper wrote:Why was it dubbed anyway ? Were the original dialogues recorded in another language than English ?
I thought Alice only spoke English. In this case, why bother and re-do all dialogues in the same language it was recorded in ? Why another amount of useless work when budget was not there in the first place ? Never heard about such practices anywhere else ! Someone here has an explanation ? Andy, perhaps ?
As I understand it the film was filmed mainly in English (due to Alice).
They then dubbed all the voices for the Spanish market, for which the film was intended.

Unfortunately they apparently dubbed the new voices directly over the original dialogue (this was ultra low budget remember) thus destroying the original voices including ALice, with the exception of the songs.
Later someone thought they could make a few bucks by releasing it in English speaking territories and so they created a new English dub with new voices.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:19 am

Strange that the Film Master was used for dubs, even for a low budget film.
I recall a story about The SAHB & a record that was rejected but the producer retained the master & has now been released, you can hear that they had 85% of The Impossible Dream complete to the note but it was lacking.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:11 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:Strange that the Film Master was used for dubs, even for a low budget film.
I agree but that is what I was told. Either way the original dialogue apparently no longer exists.
Don't forget that in the 70s the BBC reused tape on a regular basis, and there are also stories of being able to hear a previous recording seeping through on music albums due to reusing tapes which weren`t wiped properly in advance.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Am I the only one here who doesn't hate MONSTER DOG? Certainly not great, but a fun little time waster. Coop is engaging and like his expressions when he's dispatching the Peckinpah-type lawmen...looks almost like the stage show!
Will take MD ANYDAY over the horrible DARK SHADOWS.
"I need everything the world owes me..."