New west records vs spitfire - Which label do you prefer?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

New west records vs spitfire - Which label do you prefer?

New West
18%
Spitfire/Eagle
82%

Total votes: 11

Scandal2000

Post by Scandal2000 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:13 pm

I hate to say it but New West has been a disappointment to me. There was even less of a push for a single than Spitfire and despite the "big opening week" the album is on pace to sell about what The Eyes did. Which label do you think has done a better job for Alice?

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:58 pm

Well, to be fair this is New West's first release and we can't be so quick to judge.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:07 am

Spitfire has far much of a better name... so suited for Alice. But for me, it's how much I enjoy the album..or what it means - rather than numbers.

Hey Stoopid
Killer
Killer

Post by Hey Stoopid » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:18 am

Is threre any difference?:D
From Russia With Love And Peace

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:24 am

New West I think is just a bit ahead of Spitfire as far as a record company in general. But New West blew the lid on Alice. They said they couldn't do any ads for him because it didn't make sense to. A week later, saw Television ads for Delbert McClinton running on National TV at 7 AM. Paid for by New West. Spitfire did a good job on it's level with Brutal Planet though. But you can't give your kid a car, teach him how to drive perfectly once and expect him to be a star driver forever. He'll just get worse and worse from the beginning. Same applied to the sales of his albums. They did one spurt at the beginning, and then just did nothing and his sales got worse and worse. He should go to Roadrunner Records or something. They seem to be pretty decent. (I used to be a supporter of Sanctuary, but now they are in SOOOO deep of crap.) So, I'll have to think about it.

Edited By WickedYoungMan on 1132370785
Me = Winning

Scandal2000

Post by Scandal2000 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:14 am

Splinter Cell,

This was New West's first Alice release. They have put out a ton of other albums from other artists.

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:26 pm

That's what I mean. Compared to the albums ALice releases beteween the labels would be a bit premature since one of the labels has only released one album. The safe thing to do would be to wait for more releases then make the compaarason.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:37 pm

The thing that worries me though, is that new record labels usually try the hardest with the first album that's done with them.
For example, look how Spitfire seemed to do more to promote Alice's first album with them, Brutal Planet, than the follow-up albums Dragontown and The Eyes.

Edited By glamprincess on 1132440212

Madame Bondage

Post by Madame Bondage » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:49 pm

glamprincess wrote:The thing that worries me though, is that new record labels usually try the hardest with the first album that's done with them.
For example, look how Spitfire seemed to do more to promote Alice's first album with them, Brutal Planet, than the follow-up albums Dragontown and The Eyes.
That's a good point Glam and I agree, a worrying one.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:45 am

Agreed.

( In the UK ) Brutal Planet had lots of 'extras' including screensaver and poster plus a 'Tour Edition' with an interview disc. Plus the single 'Gimme' video disc.

Dragontown also had a poster and Tour edition with additional tracks.

Eyes had the multi-choice of eye colours.

These were all excellent ideas.

What about a 7" vinyl single for "Perfect" - Paul McCartney has just done this interesting variation on a singles package - or at least a 'proper' cd single release with some promo?

Edited By Maurice on 1132517346
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

steven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by steven » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:15 am

Both N.W and SPIT totally sucks.They have not done their job and never will.Couldn`t get much worse.
Alice should sign with Sanctury.That is a greate label!
Back off preacher I don`care if it`s sunday.......

Splinter Cell
Trash
Trash

Post by Splinter Cell » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:18 am

steven wrote:Both N.W and SPIT totally sucks.They have not done their job and never will.Couldn`t get much worse.
Alice should sign with Sanctury.That is a greate label!
One problem: Sancturary is in deep financial trouble.

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:34 pm

Both of them Suck! Sign with anyone who will provide videos for a visual artist like Alice And not pansy vidoes either like hey stoopid and the like

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:11 pm

Madame Bondage wrote:
glamprincess wrote:The thing that worries me though, is that new record labels usually try the hardest with the first album that's done with them.

That's a good point Glam and I agree, a worrying one.
yes it is a good point. but don't forget, bp was the new big one. he hadnt released a studio album since tlt. whilst bp was well thought out, i believe that dt was the leftovers and didn't work at all. the eyes had some good points, but i think dd is better. now imagine yourself being a promoter, here is the market. you have bands like greenday doing the business and sticking to the point. then you have a 57 year old who has a great album, and talks about golf and god. do you think that the kids or the general market of today still fall for this? videos cost a bomb. as i have said before alice does himself no favours. the masses no longer see him as a serious entity in rock music anymore. he is where he always wanted to be, a celebrity. period. kids need a saviour they don't need a fake?
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com