This Hollywood Vampires 'super group' thing...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: This Hollywood Vampires 'super group' thing...

Post by Si » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:17 am

kevinuk81 wrote: If they are happy they may miss out on a massive concert or do they not care enough not to say anything?
I would think they are too polite and diplomatic to say anything negative (if they even have any negative feelings) in public regardless of how they feel. You are asking them about their boss and what they think of what he's doing. What do you expect them to say?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 am

kevinuk81 wrote: If they are happy they may miss out on a massive concert or do they not care enough not to say anything?
So far I haven't seen a list of a full backing band. How do you know that any of the current touring band will be excluded?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:32 am

The rest of the current band probably feels that Alice is the star of the group and he has the right to do whatever he wants. They're probably very happy for him. The more promotion the better for everyone.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:27 am

It's right that nobody knows the full line up, but it has been pointed out that maybe no more guitarists are needed, if I had been playing in a band for some time, thinking Ryan and Chuck, both over 10 years with Alice, and missed out on one of the biggest crowds there could be, I would be miffed, not just monetary value, but the thought of playing to that crowd. Maybe this is the direction Alice is going, Aerosmith don't do much, Johnny Depp films are now no longer making money, this could be what Alice is doing until he finally retires.

Have a go at me if you want, this is what I think.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:52 am

The touring band is full of professionals. They know the score and all they will say is positive.

I would be a bit disappointed if I was one of them, though.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:55 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Maybe this is the direction Alice is going, Aerosmith don't do much, Johnny Depp films are now no longer making money, this could be what Alice is doing until he finally retires.
Back off the ledge, it's very unlikely that this project is going to be more lucrative than any of the participants "day jobs".

Projects like this generally have a fairly limited shelf life. It would take the album doing something spectacular to change that, which we all know is extremely unlikely.

So far they've announced a grand total of one show and there have been hints of some others but I wouldn't expect this to be any more than something they do for fun when on break from all of their normal projects since that's where the real money is.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:07 pm

I higly doubt that the Hollywood Vampires will be more than just a side-project for Alice. I don't think Johnny Depp would suddenly stop making movies and I don't think Joe Perry will leave Aerosmith. It's just a fun chance to do something different. Most supergroups don't last long anyway, do they?

Even if they might be disappointed Alices band also have their own side-projects so why shouldn't he? For that matter, even while Chuck's been in the band over ten years he barely played on any songs on ACAS and W2MN but we haven't heard complaints about that either.

For what it's worth both Alice and Chuck has in seperate interviews talked about how they probably will play together until Alice finally retires. And I hope they do, 'cause I like the current band.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:30 pm

According to 'The Sydney Morning Herald' (whom Alice has just been interviewed by), the covers album is to be released in September - not a big surprise - and will be titled 'All My Dear Drunk Friends'! I'm obviously assuming they had a typo with 'Dear', but who knows?! The paper confirms what most of us thought: that the idea for the album emanated from Alice and Johnny Depp playing covers at The 100 Club. (Incidentally, in an interview a few days ago, Joe Perry said, that after Rio, The Hollywood Vampires will definitely be playing a number of other shows. Wonder how many 'a number' is?!)

http://goo.gl/Ua04A4

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:35 am

Alice bands ever since 1975 have always been hired hands. There have been a few members who have had a tremendous effect/influence on Alice's career--namely Dick Wagner, but other than that they are hired to perform.

Alice has always treated his band members with great respect and has made lifelong friendships with many of them--he treats them like family.

But--at the end of the day--they are hired employees with specified contracts and they all know the game. These are all professional musicians that know what's expected of them and what to expect.

I would be quite confident in saying that not ONE band member was surprised or shocked by this announcement --or disappointed by it. Also, Alice, Depp and Joe Perry are not able to carry the show by themselves. Did anyone stop to think that Alice's current band or at least a few of it'smembers may be in the backing band for the Hollywood Vampires?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:21 am

mr.barlow wrote:Alice bands ever since 1975 have always been hired hands. There have been a few members who have had a tremendous effect/influence on Alice's career--namely Dick Wagner, but other than that they are hired to perform.
Alice has always treated his band members with great respect and has made lifelong friendships with many of them--he treats them like family.
Alice, Depp and Joe Perry are not able to carry the show by themselves. Did anyone stop to think that Alice's current band or at least a few of it'smembers may be in the backing band for the Hollywood Vampires?
That's what I've been saying all along - the speculation & expectations seem to have gotten in the way!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...