This Hollywood Vampires 'super group' thing...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

This Hollywood Vampires 'super group' thing...

Post by Gunner » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:52 am

Before anyone starts with the 'Have you not read the news page?', 'It's in this thread' stuff; NO, I haven't been here for.....a long time. Simple question:
What's this Hollywood Vampires super group thing all about? The covers album is not even released and apparently Cooper's working on another "fellow-piss-artists" project.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: This Hollywood Vampires 'super group' thing...

Post by scotty » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm seriously going to be upset with anyone that rewards your laziness and disrespect for not only this site,but this cool project alice and friends are working on with the answers to your "questions". The maddening thing is you know what you have to do to get the info you want. you said you haven't been here in a while,maybe you should take a little more time off?

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Ha ha! Guess I asked for that, I was being a bit lazy I suppose. There was a part of me that was just seeing if some of you were still as rude and aggressive as I remember...you didn't disappoint.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't have a dog in this fight but...I saw a news article last week reporting that Johnny Depp suffered some sort of injury to his hand (didn't say which one) and would have to return to the US for surgery on it.

Anyone know first of all if this is true and secondly if that will have any effect on the planned show?
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 pm

MrD Returns wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight but...I saw a news article last week reporting that Johnny Depp suffered some sort of injury to his hand (didn't say which one) and would have to return to the US for surgery on it.

Anyone know first of all if this is true and secondly if that will have any effect on the planned show?
Its true he hurt his hand but no news on any effect if any it will have. He is having it operated on so who knows.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Well I guess well just keep an eye open for news on this. Hopefully a speedy recovery is in store for Mr. Depp. Seems like a kinda weird but otherwise nice guy.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Ah well Gunner- welcome back- at least you didn't change your name to Bob, Jim, Ted or Alice- thought you had given the site up for all time but hell never freezes over so all good- you need to update your picture as there should be some grey hairs in time you have been away
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 am

I thought I placed a reaction in this topic. Has this been removed and if so why as there was NO reason for it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 am

Nothings been removed that I know of... yet.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 am

Anyone know the line-up for the rest of this "supergroup" ? Really like Joe Perry's style, don't know of the capabilities of Johnny Depp, can't believe that his name warrants a part of a supergroup musically, in name anyway. I understand the album will have guest players, I was thinking more of the live performances. Now, Slash and Joe Perry would be a cool twin lead duo.Jason Bonham can hit the skins, maybe Geddy Lee on bass, Springsteen
on rhythm, that'd do me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:23 am

jacknifejohnny wrote:Anyone know the line-up for the rest of this "supergroup" ? Really like Joe Perry's style, don't know of the capabilities of Johnny Depp, can't believe that his name warrants a part of a supergroup musically, in name anyway. I understand the album will have guest players, I was thinking more of the live performances. Now, Slash and Joe Perry would be a cool twin lead duo.Jason Bonham can hit the skins, maybe Geddy Lee on bass, Springsteen
on rhythm, that'd do me.
There's no news on the live lineup beyond AC, Perry and Depp. It's been well covered now that Depp is a pretty good guitarist (he started as a musician) so not sure there would be a third guitarist in the band.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:24 pm

Wonder what the other members of the band think of this 'supergroup'?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:47 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Wonder what the other members of the band think of this 'supergroup'?
What "Other Members" are you inquiring about? Those in the Hollywood Vampires or his current touring group? :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Wonder what the other members of the band think of this 'supergroup'?
What "Other Members" are you inquiring about? Those in the Hollywood Vampires or his current touring group? :rock:
Lady Gaga on piano.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:16 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:Anyone know the line-up for the rest of this "supergroup" ? Really like Joe Perry's style, don't know of the capabilities of Johnny Depp, can't believe that his name warrants a part of a supergroup musically, in name anyway. I understand the album will have guest players, I was thinking more of the live performances. Now, Slash and Joe Perry would be a cool twin lead duo.Jason Bonham can hit the skins, maybe Geddy Lee on bass, Springsteen
on rhythm, that'd do me.

Haha, Springsteen on guitar and on tour? NEVER maybe one concert. We can dream of course.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:26 pm

I couldnt see Bruce going on stage with Alice- don't know why but might be something to do with old Alice tale of pouring Whiskey in Bruce's cowboy boots and telling him to be the first Bruce not the next Dylan or something like that- think Bruce may consider himself too serious to be on stage with Alice
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Was on about his current group.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:30 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Was on about his current group.
At least one current band member knows no more then we do!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:56 pm

They're "hired guns" on the payroll. Also, they are free to do their side projects as long as they don't interfere with the tour. Those opinions would be better kept to themselves. Don't you think? ;)
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
They're "hired guns" on the payroll. Also, they are free to do their side projects as long as they don't interfere with the tour. Those opinions would be better kept to themselves. Don't you think? ;)
Why? Both Chuck and Ryan have been with Alice over 10 years, don't you think they should be included in some way? And Glen, Tommy and Nita are vital to Alice, otherwise he wouldn't use them as 'hired guns', as you say.

Alice can do as he wants, and he will, but has anyone asked them their opinions? If they are happy they may miss out on a massive concert or do they not care enough not to say anything?