Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Anyone here getting this?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Dennis Dunaway Book

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Review

“I still consider Dennis Dunaway to be one of my best friends. Dennis is one of the few true surrealists that I've ever met….This book carries on in Dennis' own private surrealistic world.”—Alice Cooper

“Dennis tells the story from the inside out with wit and wisdom and adds brilliantly to the Alice Cooper Group mythos. There may be many versions of this story, but Dennis' is one of the most colorful, insightful and entertaining!”—Bob Ezrin, record producer

“Dennis Dunaway's book brought me right back to those days in Laurel Canyon. So many times, people ask me ‘what was it like in the 60’s?’ I give them a blank stare and say ‘if you can remember it, you weren’t there’ or ‘uh, I forget,’ or ‘it was great’…Well now I'll just tell them to read Dennis’ book.”—Robby Krieger, song-writer and guitarist for the Doors.

“For a fan of the Alice Cooper band, as I have been since my adolescence in the 1970s, Cooper bassist Dennis Dunaway’s first-hand account of the group’s humble beginnings, heady triumphs and arguably inevitable implosion is gripping stuff.”—Michael J. Fox, New York Times bestselling author of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future

“Steve Martin once said ‘Those French have a different word for everything.’—Dennis has a different view of everything, so he's the ideal chap to spend a night out with—and you have him for a whole book!!”—Ian Hunter

“A key player in the Alice Cooper sound, Dennis Dunaway propelled the band with his swirling-driving bass, and he now takes us backstage with an all-access pass to the Hall of Fame band that inspired us to make friends in the danger zone.”—Greg Harris, President & CEO, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum

“From inside the inner circle of the Alice Cooper band, bass guitar wizard Dennis Dunaway gives his refreshingly unique perspective telling the bands amazing story. Dennis chronicles his journey in vivid detail from an early 1960’s high school band called the “Earwigs” transforming into “Alice Cooper,” then in the 1970’s becoming the most notorious band on in the world. A must read for every Alice Cooper fan!”—Neal Smith, song-writer and drummer for Alice Cooper

“Lived it, lost it, read it and loved it to death!”—Michael Bruce, founding member, Alice Cooper Group

“A touching portrait. Poignant, funny, sad and most of all, true!”—Joe Greenberg Co-Manager of Alice Cooper

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Looks like someone was able to find Michael Bruce!!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Indeed I intend to purchase and suspect DD's take will be fairly accurate- I will be cross referring it with the first edition of MB's book and Alice's publishing memories= will be interesting
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:56 pm

I wonder if some green eyed fur will be flying here? Maybe Bob Davidson should be allowed back for this thread.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Very much looking forward to this, when is it being released. I thought I saw a June release on Amazon

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 pm

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Pre-ordered it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:25 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Maybe Bob Davidson should be allowed back for this thread.
No thanks.

Anyone that's interested in Bob's thoughts knows where to find him.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 am

Looking forward very much to this!Dennis is way cool in person and I, also, will be cross referencing NO MORE MR. NICE GUY and GOLF MONSTER when done. Let's hope Cindy can get in some history as well.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:41 am

This is a no brainer a must buy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Maybe Bob Davidson should be allowed back for this thread.
No thanks.

Anyone that's interested in Bob's thoughts knows where to find him.

Some people can't even find Michael Bruce. :smack:

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 am

It's nice to see so many great reviews for the book from great sources. What's revealing about Alice's review is what he doesn't say. He doesn't say it's a good book, just that he's still friends with Dennis. It sound likes he's saying in a polite way that he doesn't think a lot stuff in the book is true, "Dennis' own private surrealistic world."

All of which makes it more intriguing on various levels.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:57 am

That's an interesting take. I hope Dennis doesn't soft soap things.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am

From pitkin88:
"Some people can't even find Michael Bruce."

Leaving aside your slight obsession with this, again, you don't seem able to 'read between the lines' and instead keep taking things literally. Even GNDM, in a previous thread here, gave a good interpretation of what that statement could have meant.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:35 am

Really looking forward to this. An essential purchase.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:27 pm

darkmenace wrote:It's nice to see so many great reviews for the book from great sources. What's revealing about Alice's review is what he doesn't say. He doesn't say it's a good book, just that he's still friends with Dennis. It sound likes he's saying in a polite way that he doesn't think a lot stuff in the book is true, "Dennis' own private surrealistic world."

All of which makes it more intriguing on various levels.
Definitely trying to undercut the veracity of the book with the "Dennis' own private surrealistic world" comment. The "I still consider Dennis Dunaway to be one of my best friends" can be interpreted a couple of way as in ...after all these years... or
....regardless of how he has portrayed me in this book....

We'll just have to wait. Makes for a brilliant teaser, nice quote AC

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:33 am

I'm very interested in reading DD's account of it all. From what I've learned over the years he was really the only one chronicalling what was happening at the time. He was the only one concerned with the history of it all. I'm hoping it covers the behind-the scenes of the writing of individual songs and who had what ideas when it came to the creative process of the songs and the stage show.

This is going to be a great read.

Slick Jim
Trash
Trash

Post by Slick Jim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 am

Hello. I joined this Forum to make sure all Alice Cooper fans know about the upcoming release of Dennis Dunaway's new book "Snakes, Guillotines, Electric Chairs", that will be available June 9. I can see that the topic has been brought up and discussed. I am sure Dennis' story will be interesting and tell readers a lot about the beginnings of the Alice Cooper band.

Jim

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:23 am

Slick Jim wrote:Hello. I joined this Forum to make sure all Alice Cooper fans know about the upcoming release of Dennis Dunaway's new book "Snakes, Guillotines, Electric Chairs", that will be available June 9. I can see that the topic has been brought up and discussed. I am sure Dennis' story will be interesting and tell readers a lot about the beginnings of the Alice Cooper band.

Jim

Welcome!!