Updates on Dennis Dunaway Book

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Slick Jim
Trash
Trash

Re: Dennis Dunaway Book

Post by Slick Jim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Please keep in touch via Dennis' website and facebook pages to get information concerning autographed copies of his book. dennisdunaway.com

Slick Jim
Trash
Trash

Post by Slick Jim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 pm

My apologies for causing any problems on this forum. I should have kept to business. I hope the members of this forum pre-order Dennis Dunaway's upcoming book. and upon receipt, enjoy it greatly. Sorry if my comments upset anyone.

Jim Bunning

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Slick Jim wrote:My apologies for causing any problems on this forum. I should have kept to business. I hope the members of this forum pre-order Dennis Dunaway's upcoming book. and upon receipt, enjoy it greatly. Sorry if my comments upset anyone.

Jim Bunning

Jim you are welcome to post your opinions. Remarkably Paranoid owes you an appology.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 pm

From pitkin88:
"Jim you are welcome to post your opinions. Remarkably Paranoid owes you an appology.

There was a Jim Bunning who played baseball for the Detroit Tigers which, unless I am mistaken, was Bob's favourite baseball team but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:06 pm

FWIW BOB claims that this is NOT him.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:04 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:
There was a Jim Bunning who played baseball for the Detroit Tigers which, unless I am mistaken, was Bob's favourite baseball team but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
Hahaha! Please let this be true.

Bob says no and that this Jim Bunning has done some work for one of the band members.

Slick Jim
Trash
Trash

Updates on Dennis Dunaway Book

Post by Slick Jim » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:33 pm

From Dennis:

From inside the inner circle of the Alice Cooper band, bass guitar wizard Dennis Dunaway gives his refreshingly unique perspective telling the bands amazing story. Dennis chronicles his journey in vivid detail from an early 1960’s high school band called the “Earwigs” transforming into “Alice Cooper,” then in the 1970’s becoming the most notorious band in the world.
"A must read for every Alice Cooper fan!" - Neal Smith songwriter and drummer for Alice Cooper (the band).

https://www.facebook.com/dunawaysrock/p ... =1&theater

Lived it, lost it, read it, loved it to death! - Michael Bruce recommending Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!

which you can pre-order here. http://www.dennisdunaway.com/news/

[Alice also supplied a book 'review', but his response seemed like a sort of back handed compliment....so I'll skip it here]

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Updates on Dennis Dunaway Book

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:52 pm

Comments welcomed from The Goat, Silly, The Cheese guy and Amuk. Bob or not Bob?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:00 am

Slick Jim wrote:From Dennis:

From inside the inner circle of the Alice Cooper band, bass guitar wizard Dennis Dunaway gives his refreshingly unique perspective telling the bands amazing story. Dennis chronicles his journey in vivid detail from an early 1960’s high school band called the “Earwigs” transforming into “Alice Cooper,” then in the 1970’s becoming the most notorious band in the world.
"A must read for every Alice Cooper fan!" - Neal Smith songwriter and drummer for Alice Cooper (the band).

https://www.facebook.com/dunawaysrock/p ... =1&theater

Lived it, lost it, read it, loved it to death! - Michael Bruce recommending Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!

which you can pre-order here. http://www.dennisdunaway.com/news/

[Alice also supplied a book 'review', but his response seemed like a sort of back handed compliment....so I'll skip it here]

Does the Alice compliment appear in the press releases to promote the book or on the book jacket itself?

If so, if Dennis felt it worthy enough to include in the promotional materials and on the book, why then do YOU feel it's not appropriate to share here?

If you are trying to help promote the book--especially on a site/forum which many consider to be the quintessential Alice Cooper site, then why would you omit Alice's comments? Wouldn't that go against good business sense?

Also, you may have inadvertently made a big reveal with your comment. Please let us know--does Dennis himself think that Alice's review/comment was a "back handed compliment"?

Please let us know if Dennis agrees with your assessment that Alice is giving a "back handed compliment" and that he completely approves of you making that statement in a public forum--especially an Alice Cooper forum.

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 am

"I still consider Dennis Dunaway to be one of my best friends. Dennis is one of the few true surrealists that I've ever met….This book carries on in Dennis' own private surrealistic world." (Alice Cooper)
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 am

ReGorLaTroy wrote:"I still consider Dennis Dunaway to be one of my best friends. Dennis is one of the few true surrealists that I've ever met….This book carries on in Dennis' own private surrealistic world." (Alice Cooper)
I'm waiting to hear from SLick Jim regarding this review/comment and his decision not to include it in his original post. I'm wondering if his promotional work is in an official capacity, and if so, if Dennis agrees with his decision to omit Alice's comment in his post and if he also is in agreement that Alice's remarks was a "back handed compliment".

Slick Jim
Trash
Trash

Post by Slick Jim » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:53 am

Sorry I forgot the links to Amazon and Barnes and Noble....

[EDIT; Please read the rules of the forum. This site is an Amazon affiliate and as such I would prefer you don`t post non STUK affiliate links. Amazon links to by the book are are available on the news page]

“A touching portrait. Poignant, funny, sad and most of all, true!”—Joe Greenberg Co-Manager of Alice Cooper

:)

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 am

Slick Jim wrote:Sorry I forgot the links to Amazon and Barnes and Noble....

“A touching portrait. Poignant, funny, sad and most of all, true!”—Joe Greenberg Co-Manager of Alice Cooper

Is your promotional work being done in an official capacity? And if so, is Dennis in agreement with your opinion that Alice's review is a "back handed compliment" and is in support of your decision not to include it here as you promote his book?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:05 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Slick Jim wrote:Sorry I forgot the links to Amazon and Barnes and Noble....

Is your promotional work being done in an official capacity? And if so, is Dennis in agreement with your opinion that Alice's review is a "back handed compliment" and is in support of your decision not to include it here as you promote his book?

While the first part of your question is pertinent I think only Dennis himself can answer whether he is in agreement.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 am

mr.barlow wrote:Don't mean to intrude but how do you get banned from 2 Forums Pitkin?

The Steve Hoffman one: SHTV was for daring to question whether Steve Hoffman had the master tapes for Billion Dollar Babies or whether he had a generation below that tape ( he did ).

The Doug Sulpy Beatles one I got I got tired of him being a complete prick and having no sense of humour not to mention him banning people by the droves who didn't agree with him.
I let him have it.[/quote]

I never heard of Steve Hoffman, his cds or his forum until it was mentioned here (maybe by you) on a previous thread. I'm really stuck in the 1980s. To me an "IP" to me is something I do in the toilet.

You deserve a medal for calling out the pompous idiot. You should wear the banishment as a badge of honor. I'm so sick of these types of "experts" who meddle with classic album thinking THEY know what was intenened by the artists and producers. It was so refreshing to see Ezrin make this guy look like the idiot that he is. The guy passes himself off as an expert yet he doesn't even realize he was NOT working with the original master tapes. I'm guessing it was your question, which led you to being banned, which led to Ezrin getting involved and confirming SH did NOT have the original master tapes?

My humor has got me in trouble all through my life, from grade school until today, I refuse to take anything seriously. I'm lucky that it's tolerated here and even sometimes appreciated--even by those who don't agree with me (cough). As far as banning people from forums, I can think of a certain individual who is quick on ban button as soon as someone offers an opinion that goes against his delusions---I mean ideas. I never signed up for his FB page as I would be gone in 30 seconds.[/quote]

Hoffman banned so many people that a bunch of them formed a site called Stereo Central where they bash him and his followers. The Hoff thought this would fade away in a few months and it's been going for a few years. Some of it is quite funny.

Yes it was about the BDB master tapes. The final tipping point was one of his flunkies equated his mastering to Ezrin's production. I added a :laugh: and was promptly banned. Badge of honour. Yes siree Bob/Jim.

Thank you, by the way, for a lot of your recent posts and not taking things so seriously.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:24 am

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:11 pm

From mr.barlow.
"I'm guessing it was your question, which led you to being banned, which led to Ezrin getting involved and confirming SH did NOT have the original master tapes?"

No. Ezrin already knew about it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 pm

From Slim Jim:
"[Alice also supplied a book 'review', but his response seemed like a sort of back handed compliment....so I'll skip it here]"

This has already been discussed here if you look at the other thread but thanks.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:23 pm

From pitkin88:
"I think only Dennis himself can answer whether he is in agreement."

If he is, can you suggest why the comment has been used as part of the promotion?

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:19 pm

I think you want Pitkin's answer, but almost any review comment by Alice Cooper would help sell the book. And if Alice was doubting the veracity of the content, that might make more people buy the book.A bit of contrast or conflict might help sell it. Dennis and Alice could be in collusion lol (Neal might be working out what he can say that is controversial to get an Alice response for his book)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.