Alice Cooper vs The Band (Finals Poll)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Alice Cooper vs The Band (Finals Poll)

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:22 pm

For what it is worth, Alice has made it to the finals vs The Band (we aren't talking about the Alice Cooper Group Band if anyone gets confused on that). Here is the link:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-co ... -the-band/

This is supposed to be the finals. I don't know if these types of polls do much good but it is always nice to get Alice a little publicity and it doesn't take more than a few seconds to vote. Obviously I am picking Alice (and hope we all are), but I like a lot of "The Band" songs.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper vs The Band (Finals Poll)

Post by concolz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Well, my voting finger was red hot after that last round! Alice is already 23% ahead, so I reckon it'll be an easy 'win' this time. (Yes, I know it's a ridiculous, meaningless load of old tosh.) I've always liked The Band too, especially when teamed with Dylan, but Alice holds sway for me. I'll be following what another AC (Al Capone) said: "Vote early, and vote often!"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:49 pm

I couldn't name a song by the band.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Will you therefore be voting on the hour for Alice then, Pitkin? lol
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I couldn't name a song by the band.
'The Weight', 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down', 'Tears Of Rage', 'I Shall Be Released', 'Up On Cripple Creek', 'Rag Mama Rag', 'King Harvest', 'Stage Fright', 'This Wheel's On Fire' (some are obviously covers). Their first two albums are pretty good - if a bit 'worthy', in places - but I really like them best with Dylan. They're not a patch on AC though.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Concolz, you don't want to predict an easy win-less AC supporters will vote- and don't convince Pitkin that the Band have good songs- he might vote for them every hour lol

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:49 pm

concolz wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I couldn't name a song by the band.
'The Weight', 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down', 'Tears Of Rage', 'I Shall Be Released', 'Up On Cripple Creek', 'Rag Mama Rag', 'King Harvest', 'Stage Fright', 'This Wheel's On Fire' (some are obviously covers). Their first two albums are pretty good - if a bit 'worthy', in places - but I really like them best with Dylan. They're not a patch on AC though.

The Weight rings a bell. Seems a bit like comparing chalk and cheese though.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:51 pm

recoop wrote:Will you therefore be voting on the hour for Alice then, Pitkin? lol

I will be voting but you'll never know who for unless Anonymous hack my voting.
I will also give The Band the once over on YT. I seriously doubt them being my cup of tea.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 pm

The Band obviously have their fans out in full force now. They have almost caught Alice in the final poll, lol.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Give you a laugh I nearly voted for Bob Seger once in last round as they switch the order-would of been ironic if I had caused AC to lose. Probably will stay relatively close to ensure people keep visiting site again. Be funny if there are only a handful of people voting multitude of times- although Nightmare Inc might have a team of voters working round the clock as we sleep

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:41 am

recoop wrote:Give you a laugh I nearly voted for Bob Seger once in last round as they switch the order-would of been ironic if I had caused AC to lose. Probably will stay relatively close to ensure people keep visiting site again. Be funny if there are only a handful of people voting multitude of times- although Nightmare Inc might have a team of voters working round the clock as we sleep
I did see that also, I think they did when AC took the lead. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:18 am

The Band come out at night.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:01 am

The Band's family and friends have been voting overnight right enough Pitkin- they are in the lead

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:36 am

The band is starting to pull away!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Could be worse, he could be losing to Motley Crue- it'll go back to 50.62 and 49.38 soon lol

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Eerruggh!!! I hate the Band! They're so up their arses and boring. I actually have a theory that it wasn't Charlie Manson or Altamont that killed the sixties, it was the Band! Eric Clapton gets into them and becomes boring, George Harrison gets into them and becomes boring. They were so earnest and dull. Alice might like to say that the ACG drove a stake through the heart of the peace and love generation but the Band was the vampire that sucked all the fun out of them first.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:22 pm

From Babysquid:
"Alice might like to say that the ACG drove a stake through the heart of the peace and love generation but the Band was the vampire that sucked all the fun out of them first

I think it's more accurate to say that they seem to be exactly the kind of band (no pun intended) that Alice Cooper, The Stooges, David Bowie and T. Rex were trying to get rid of and replace.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Babysquid I like the "sucked all the fun out of them" comment- Band too earnest for Rock n Roll.

Re you comment Andy, I reckon that AC,DB and T Rex could be viewed as having a similar clearout effect on rock dinosaurs as the Punk movement in mid 70s- I had never thought of it like that- pity that bland MOR music always makes a comeback- try not to listen to it but find myself humming along to Carpenters tunes (Alice liked them I understand, so thats ok)

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:07 pm

recoop wrote:Babysquid I like the "sucked all the fun out of them" comment- Band too earnest for Rock n Roll.

Re you comment Andy, I reckon that AC,DB and T Rex could be viewed as having a similar clearout effect on rock dinosaurs as the Punk movement in mid 70s- I had never thought of it like that- pity that bland MOR music always makes a comeback- try not to listen to it but find myself humming along to Carpenters tunes (Alice liked them I understand, so thats ok)
Thanks recoop, I'm quite proud of that! :clap: Regarding the supposed 'clearout effect' as I've mentioned before that only seems to happen in rock journalists heads ( and columns), Pink Floyd, Genesis etc prospered after punk, Bon Jovi and Motely Crüe are still going long after grunge has been and gone and the Band were unfortunately still around in November 1976 to do their awful chin stroking and back slapping last waltz.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Babysquid wrote:Eerruggh!!! I hate the Band! They're so up their arses and boring. I actually have a theory that it wasn't Charlie Manson or Altamont that killed the sixties, it was the Band! Eric Clapton gets into them and becomes boring, George Harrison gets into them and becomes boring. They were so earnest and dull. Alice might like to say that the ACG drove a stake through the heart of the peace and love generation but the Band was the vampire that sucked all the fun out of them first.

Post of the day!! Maybe we should refer to them as The Bland going forward.