Don't look now, here come The Hollywood Vampires...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Don't look now, here come The Hollywood Vampires...

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:37 am

An addendum to the front page story.... @RealAliceCooper tweeted tonight:

Debut Of #TheHollywoodVampires, #SuperGroup featuring #AliceCooper, #JohnnyDepp and #JoePerry will be at @rockinrio!

The tweet also included a band logo.
Last edited by RemarkablyInsincere on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Don't look now, here come The Hollywood Vampires...

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:45 am

So, if they're gonna take this shindig on the road, I actually find Alice's involvement in a project like this kinda interesting.

Of course, it's not going to supplant Alice's normal touring commitments, but I wonder if there might be some limited touring interspersed over the next year or so beyond Rock in Rio.

This begs the question, do Perry and Depp play on the new original material on the covers disc?

I was never under the impression that Perry was involved in more than the previously mentioned one song on the covers disc, so this comes as news to me if so. Certainly sheds a different light on the project if Perry is playing guitar on a lot of the material.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:54 am

from the official Alice Cooper Facebook page:

Rock in Rio announces Debut Of Hollywood Vampires

The Supergroup, featuring Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Joe Perry plays on the same night as Queens of the Stone Age and System of a Down

Rio de Janeiro, February 11, 2015 – The organizers of Rock in Rio have just announced that Hollywood Vampires will be playing at the Main Stage of the Brazilian edition of the festival, which takes place at the City of Rock, on September 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26 and 27. The band, featuring rock icon Alice Cooper, American Actor, Producer and Musician Johnny Depp and Joe Perry, lead guitarist for Aerosmith will play on the same night as Queens of the Stone Age and System of a Down.

Alice Cooper, a pioneer of hard rock with a theatrical touch, began his solo career at the end of the 1970s, with classic albums like “Welcome To My Nightmare”, ”Lace and Whiskey”, “From the Inside” and Constrictor”.

A gifted actor, with over 50 films throughout his career, Johnny Depp actually started his career as musician and is a renowned rock enthusiast. His musical ability has already been proven and witnessed by artists including Marylyn Manson, Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) and Keith Richards (Rolling Stones), amongst others.

Joe Perry is considered one of the best guitarists of all times by Rolling Stone magazine and he is a Rock n’ Roll hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame recipient together with his partners in crime Aerosmith.

Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp have been partners for a while and now with Joe Perry also on Hollywood Vampires, they will “rock it out “ yet once again.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:53 am

Room for Neal and Dennis on drums and bass.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:26 am

I wonder if "The Hollywood Vampires" will be the moniker for the covers album as well.

"Alice Cooper, a pioneer of hard rock with a theatrical touch, began his solo career at the end of the 1970s, with classic albums like “Welcome To My Nightmare”, ”Lace and Whiskey”, “From the Inside” and Constrictor”."

Not to be "that guy" but couldn't they have picked some more recognizable works than "Lace and Whiskey" and "Constrictor?" Those were not exactly career defining albums.

Might as well had taken it a step further and said "Joe Perry, known for his solo work as well as his collaborations with Aerosmith, who are known for albums such as "Rock in a Hard Place," for which Perry did not participate."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:20 am

Devon wrote:I wonder if "The Hollywood Vampires" will be the moniker for the covers album as well.

"Alice Cooper, a pioneer of hard rock with a theatrical touch, began his solo career at the end of the 1970s, with classic albums like “Welcome To My Nightmare”, ”Lace and Whiskey”, “From the Inside” and Constrictor”."

Not to be "that guy" but couldn't they have picked some more recognizable works than "Lace and Whiskey" and "Constrictor?" Those were not exactly career defining albums.

Might as well had taken it a step further and said "Joe Perry, known for his solo work as well as his collaborations with Aerosmith, who are known for albums such as "Rock in a Hard Place," for which Perry did not participate."

Good point. It will be interesting to know what the set list will be.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:05 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Good point. It will be interesting to know what the set list will be.
I would expect that they won't be doing classic Alice Cooper songs, but who knows.

Possibly one, but then that opens the door for doing an Aerosmith tune. I guess Alice could pull of something like "Train Kept A Rollin'".

What other Aerosmith tunes could Alice pull off?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:26 pm

My guess would be SO will be at the end and Train as the encore. Both Perry and Alice are huge Yardbirds fans so I can`t see any disagreements in the ranks about that. If there was another AC song then probably 18.
Another Aerosmith song? Prob Walk This Way haha. Why not just go for the biggest most well known ones. After all the whole idea is obviously to have fun and get the audience having fun too so bring out the big guns..
Personally I think 'Walking The Dog' could sound cool with AC singing. Right period as well. Just pray he doesn`t try 'Dream On' haha

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:23 pm

oK, THEY'LL Go to Brazil!

If this time, Alice won't take the long road to ChilE, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Let's pray for The Hollywood Vampires to get here!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Si wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8XrM1U9l8Another Aerosmith song? Prob Walk This Way haha. Why not just go for the biggest most well known ones. After all the whole idea is obviously to have fun and get the audience having fun too so bring out the big guns..
That one just has too much Tyler personality in it.
Si wrote: Personally I think 'Walking The Dog' could sound cool with AC singing. Right period as well.

I could see this one and would be a fun one live.
Si wrote: Just pray he doesn`t try 'Dream On' haha
God help us all.

Suddenly this entire covers project got a whole lot more interesting, didn't it?

Maybe much like the actual Hollywood Vampires which seemed at times to have a rotating cast of characters, guys like McCartney and Dolenz can join them on stage for guest appearances here and there.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:01 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote: Suddenly this entire covers project got a whole lot more interesting, didn't it?

Maybe much like the actual Hollywood Vampires which seemed at times to have a rotating cast of characters, guys like McCartney and Dolenz can join them on stage for guest appearances here and there.
Maybe if people think of this as a side project, Alice with a different band' rather then the new ALICE COOPER album it would go down better? Think of it as Alice having a little fun with his friends on the side while working on the real follow up to W2MN.
The same as him guesting on other albums, or these classic rock tours he's done. OK these seems more of an AC project then those other things, but it may help haha

If you think of it that way then there really wasn't any urgency to releasing it, and if the plan all a long was to do these supergroup shows you needed everyone available, which especially in the case of Depp probably has to be arranged years in advance due to filming schedules being set up that far in advance.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:10 pm

From Luicus Morthem:
"If this time, Alice won't take the long road to ChilE, I'll be seriously disappointed."

That would be down to your local promoters though. There is more chance of it happening if there is enough of a demand for it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:11 pm

From Si:
"Think of it as Alice having a little fun with his friends on the side while working on the real follow up to W2MN."

Exactly.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:59 pm

A recent similar example is Joe Elliot of Def Leppard, who setup the Down 'n' Outz.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:oK, THEY'LL Go to Brazil!

If this time, Alice won't take the long road to ChilE, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Let's pray for The Hollywood Vampires to get here!
I really hope so, too. Not much of a fan of Rock in Rio, too expensive, almost impossible to get close to the stage and I don't live there. I'm hoping for a South Amarican Tour. Since last time he couldn't make it to Chile foi the poisoning thing, I think there's a good chance we might get a few more shows round here. Don't expect them to be announced soon, thought, as the tickets to Rock in Rio are yet to go on sale and it wouldn't be a good business strategy to book every city right now.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Si wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote: Suddenly this entire covers project got a whole lot more interesting, didn't it?

Maybe if people think of this as a side project, Alice with a different band' rather then the new ALICE COOPER album it would go down better? Think of it as Alice having a little fun with his friends on the side while working on the real follow up to W2MN.
The same as him guesting on other albums, or these classic rock tours he's done. OK these seems more of an AC project then those other things, but it may help haha

If you think of it that way then there really wasn't any urgency to releasing it, and if the plan all a long was to do these supergroup shows you needed everyone available, which especially in the case of Depp probably has to be arranged years in advance due to filming schedules being set up that far in advance.

The work on the follow up has been finished long ago.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:08 pm

From pitkin88:
"The work on the follow up has been finished long ago."

Are you sure about that?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:21 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"The work on the follow up has been finished long ago."

Are you sure about that?
So you are saying it is not finished?

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Do we know anything about the follow up? All I've read is a mention on an interview where he said that they had started working on it. Is this the night crawler from a few years ago? Or are we all just guessing?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 pm

dadascot wrote:Do we know anything about the follow up? All I've read is a mention on an interview where he said that they had started working on it. Is this the night crawler from a few years ago? Or are we all just guessing?

There is no information on any new album after the covers album.