Alice on Eddie Trunk

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice on Eddie Trunk

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:28 pm

You guys that get personal meet n greets every show for free aren't the target demographic of a Kiss Cruise type experience.

;)
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:51 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:You guys that get personal meet n greets every show for free aren't the target demographic of a Kiss Cruise type experience.

;)
What is the target demo for this? I'm genuinely confused. Some hardcore. I'm guessing wealthy.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:20 pm

pitkin88 wrote: What is the target demo for this? I'm genuinely confused. Some hardcore. I'm guessing wealthy.
If you look at the line up of the cruise Alice is part of, I think the target would be well off middle age music fans.

Remember that Alice isn`t the only act performing on this particular cruise. It isn`t a 'Cooper Cruise'.

The people who are most interested in this sort of thing ARE the people who possibly only know a few songs by each of the artists involved ie the ones played regularly on US radio. They are well off and like the idea of a cruise holiday with some old favourites on board as a bonus. The cruise holiday based around the music they like is the thing they are selling ion this case.

It's not designed for Alice Cooper hardcore fans. It's also not really exactly the same as the demographic for the Kiss cruise (all Kiss all the time), or the progressive Nation cruise (BIG name prog bands on one show, on a boat), or the Yes cruise (Yes performances plus solo performances).

If Alice did a cruise with multiple (different) performances by himself plus related acts (Blue Coupe, BEasto, Roxie 77 etc) I will KILL to go and would stomp up more money for it if I could it at all. However this will be a normal AC show, just on a boat, with no other acts of much interest. For someone that isn`t really that interested in cruise holidays I would rather spend the money on multiple AC shows closer to home which will cost a lot less.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:16 am

You are right I probably should have looked at the bill. To me the whole idea is just awful. You can't be harping on about Mumford and Sons and then be playing cruises for wealthy. It's just so un rock n roll.

I am amazed at Yes doing this. I'm puking at what is worse that music or me getting sea sick. I have done a cruise before and have no desire to do so again. Did the Disney Cruise in 2000 or so. They make it look so wonderful in the commercials with kids splashing around in the pool and the like. Reality was there were so many kids in the pool no swimming could be done. They could barely turn around once in. The cabins were cramped and your kids have more chance of shaking Blackbeards hand than Mickey's the lines were so big.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:33 am

Si wrote: It's not designed for Alice Cooper hardcore fans. It's also not really exactly the same as the demographic for the Kiss cruise (all Kiss all the time), or the progressive Nation cruise (BIG name prog bands on one show, on a boat), or the Yes cruise (Yes performances plus solo performances).
Yes, I was talking about a dedicated Alice Cooper Cruise (and I thought you were too Si), something akin to the Kiss Kruise.

I agree, that seeing Alice with a bunch of other acts doing the same show he normally does isn't very appealing for the price. You get more bang for your buck seeing him elsewhere if it's just an Alice show you want to see. However, if you really want to do a cruise and/or you're a fan of some of the other bands it could be up your alley.

That said, I've seen the crowds for the KISS Kruise and other hair band cruises and I really cannot fathom being stuck on a boat for 3+ days with that crowd without contemplating jumping overboard.

As far as the demographic comment, these cruises often do offer the opportunity to get up close and personal with the performers (meet n' greets are included with the Kiss Kruise) so for someone that has no problem meeting the performers at any regular show, it might not seem quite as big a deal as it would to others. That's all I meant Si. :)
Last edited by RemarkablyInsincere on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:36 am

pitkin88 wrote:You are right I probably should have looked at the bill. To me the whole idea is just awful. You can't be harping on about Mumford and Sons and then be playing cruises for wealthy. It's just so un rock n roll.
Really... going on a cruise for $1000 give or take now qualifies someone as "wealthy"?

Please.... I know we've had this discussion before... and many people that are far from wealthy can very easily come up with that kind of money if they so choose to. And they do. It might take them two years to pay off the credit card bill, but that's beside the point.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:51 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:You are right I probably should have looked at the bill. To me the whole idea is just awful. You can't be harping on about Mumford and Sons and then be playing cruises for wealthy. It's just so un rock n roll.
Really... going on a cruise for $1000 give or take now qualifies someone as "wealthy"?

Please.... I know we've had this discussion before... and many people that are far from wealthy can very easily come up with that kind of money if they so choose to. And they do. It might take them two years to pay off the credit card bill, but that's beside the point.
e

I'm guessing there are some husbands and wives so you are probably looking at $2000 or so plus I am guessing some people might be flying in for the cruise. We are just after Xmas when people have probably spent a few bob so I'd say yes whoever is going on this might be considered wealthy. Certainly by UK standards.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 am

pitkin88 wrote: I'm guessing there are some husbands and wives so you are probably looking at $2000 or so plus I am guessing some people might be flying in for the cruise. We are just after Xmas when people have probably spent a few bob so I'd say yes whoever is going on this might be considered wealthy. Certainly by UK standards.
You're setting the bar awfully low for "wealthy".

According to your logic, the average family that takes a $2000-$3000 vacation once a year is now "wealthy".

Silly.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:02 am

pitkin88 wrote: I'm guessing there are some husbands and wives so you are probably looking at $2000 or so plus I am guessing some people might be flying in for the cruise. We are just after Xmas when people have probably spent a few bob so I'd say yes whoever is going on this might be considered wealthy. Certainly by UK standards.
You're setting the bar awfully low for "wealthy".

According to your logic, the average family that takes a $2000-$3000 vacation once a year is now "wealthy".

Silly.

Who said once a year? We are in Feb right after Xmas and someone has that disposable income. Read Si's post and google what " well off " means. If he is right about the demographic that is. i always knew you where a bit lacking but if you think this cruise is for the working man you might as well throw yourself over board right now.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:43 am

I wonder if Alice is going to perform "The Morning After"?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:48 am

I'll go only if I can sit at the dinner table with Red Buttons and Shelly Winters.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:50 am

Also, do you think that Alice could get Stella Stevens to be the "whip girl" during Goes To Hell?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:28 am

mr.barlow wrote:I wonder if Alice is going to perform "The Morning After"?

Wearing the Muscle Of Love sailor suit no doubt.

MrF33n3y
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by MrF33n3y » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
What are the prices? I guess it would be tough getting on the guest list.
Ignoring your not very subtle sarcasm, I don`t know the exact prices off hand (you could look if you were that interested) but it's a lot, at least to me, add into that transatlantic flights to get there and back plus hotels when not on the ship and it's way out of my price range.
And FYI I almost always *BUY* my tickets same as everyone else. You should stop making assumptions.

It was a joke Si. Lighten up. I am guessing there are no guest lists on these things though I could be wrong. I am baffled as to why you would have to buy tickets for regular shows though. I wouldn't think it would be hard to get on the guest list. I would assume you have been on guest lists before though I might be wrong. With the info you provide especially that from the artists management I certainly wouldn't begrudge you.

BTW you have aimed a few sarcastic ones at me in the last week or so.
No, I think you're spot on that there aren't guest lists on these cruises. There's another band (I won't say who but they have maybe a slightly larger following than Alice) that I have very strong ties with. Simply put, I have an all access pass waiting for me at any gig I feel like attending so long as someone knows I'll be there - I never ask for this but am constantly reminded by two of the guys in the band of this fact (Like Si - I prefer to buy my tickets for one reason or another, mostly because it's my way of supporting the band after having collected everything I can. Every once in a while I will use the guest list for my tickets as well, usually when I'm seeing them in a country that I'm unable to get my tickets online for whatever reason). They play a lot of these cruises, and I've mentioned before how much fun some of them seem, and I've never been given the usual line about "just show up, we'll have a pass for you". I think the discrepancy between a regular gig and one of these cruises is that, when you book a place on one of these cruises, more of the money is going to the cruise line than to the artist(s), so it's not really their place to give away spots for no cost.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:56 am

MrF33n3y wrote:I've never been given the usual line about "just show up, we'll have a pass for you". I think the discrepancy between a regular gig and one of these cruises is that, when you book a place on one of these cruises, more of the money is going to the cruise line than to the artist(s), so it's not really their place to give away spots for no cost.
Everyone on the cruise must have a room. And that costs money.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:57 am

pitkin88 wrote:Who said once a year? We are in Feb right after Xmas and someone has that disposable income. Read Si's post and google what " well off " means. If he is right about the demographic that is.
If something like this seems so absolutely far fetched and absolutely beyond the realm of possibility for you, no wonder you're such a miserable person.

I know people with barely a pot to piss in that have managed to take a cruise before. It's hardly the barometer of "wealthy".

Cruises are a very middle class thing. Wealthy people don't bother with cruises, they have their own boats.

I guess it's all relative though.
pitkin88 wrote:i always knew you where a bit lacking but if you think this cruise is for the working man you might as well throw yourself over board right now.
Even when proven foolish, you still go down swinging.

I feel bad you're so destitute, should we take up a collection for you?

MrF33n3y
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by MrF33n3y » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:23 am

MrF33n3y wrote:I've never been given the usual line about "just show up, we'll have a pass for you". I think the discrepancy between a regular gig and one of these cruises is that, when you book a place on one of these cruises, more of the money is going to the cruise line than to the artist(s), so it's not really their place to give away spots for no cost.
Everyone on the cruise must have a room. And that costs money.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Rooms probably aren't the bands' to give away, so there's probably no guest list for these types of things.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:30 am

pitkin88 wrote:Who said once a year? We are in Feb right after Xmas and someone has that disposable income. Read Si's post and google what " well off " means. If he is right about the demographic that is.
If something like this seems so absolutely far fetched and absolutely beyond the realm of possibility for you, no wonder you're such a miserable person.

I know people with barely a pot to piss in that have managed to take a cruise before. It's hardly the barometer of "wealthy".

Cruises are a very middle class thing. Wealthy people don't bother with cruises, they have their own boats.

I guess it's all relative though.
pitkin88 wrote:i always knew you where a bit lacking but if you think this cruise is for the working man you might as well throw yourself over board right now.
Even when proven foolish, you still go down swinging.

I feel bad you're so destitute, should we take up a collection for you?

Yes unmarked bills thanks. You haven't proved anyone foolish except for yourself. Si said well off but you are too scared to call him on it or even look it up. Jump aboard lads this cruise is cheap enough for all you land lubbers!! Hilarious.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:52 am

For Remarkably Silly: . well-off - in fortunate circumstances financiallywell-off - in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich; "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards"; "easy living"; "a prosperous family"; "his family is well-situated financially"; "well-to-do members of the community"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:08 am

pitkin88 wrote:Yes unmarked bills thanks. You haven't proved anyone foolish except for yourself. Si said well off but you are too scared to call him on it or even look it up. Jump aboard lads this cruise is cheap enough for all you land lubbers!! Hilarious.
Call Si on what? He said he didn't have enough money to cover it, he didn't whine about it being for wealthy people only and acting as if Alice is committing some terrible injustice by performing on a cruise because it costs money.

I can certainly understand people not being able to afford something, it happens to all of us... but get real, you don't have to be "rich" to go on a cruise so quit painting it that way. You come off as bitter and entitled.