Singles and EP's the Solo Years

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Singles and EP's the Solo Years

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 am

I know there are some here that seem to think nothing pleases me these days ( not true )anyway there are some albums that I think would make better eps or in some cases singles!!

If anyone wants to play along please do.

LAW: It's Hot Tonight B/W King Of The Silver Screen
Constrictor. EP The World Needs Guts/Give It Up/Simple Disobediance/Trick Bag
RYFAY: EP Prince Of Darkness/Time To Kill/Gail/Roses
TRASH: Poison B/W House Of Fire
HEY STOOPID: Might As Well Be On Mars B/W Wind Up Toy
DRAGONTOWN: Triggerman B/W It's Much Too Late
DIRTY DIAMONDS: Sunset Babies/Dirty Diamonds/Pretty Ballerina/You Make Me Wanna
WTMN2: When Hell Comes Home/I'll Bite Your Face Off/Runaway Train/Under The Bed.

Everything else I either really like as an album, has more than an eps worth of good tracks or is unlistenable ACAS with no good songs at all.

philouze
Trash
Trash

Re: Singles and EP's the Solo Years

Post by philouze » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:48 am

Oh boy..
I sincerely can't draw a list for anything Alice did between 1975 and 2004.
BUT, as I'm probably one of the very few who don't like Dirty Diamonds, I would say:
Woman Of Mass Distraction b/w Dirty Diamonds
And yeah, I kinda like ACAS. Stone me! :laugh:
F.T.L.O.Y.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am

I'll play.

L&W - L&W/King Of The Silver Screen/My God (with clearer vocals!)
FTF - Clones/Pain
Constrictor - Teenage Frankenstein/Life & Death Of The Party
RYFAY & Trash - Poison/Freedom (only like one track from either!)
Hey Stoopid - HS/Wind Up Toy (the actual UK single)
TEOAC - What Do You Want From Me?/Man Of The Year

Just given 'Hey Stoopid' away, as I've really gone off it over the last 12 months. Never bought RYFAY - borrowed from local library and returned the very next day! As for the others, they went to the charity shop years ago. Don't miss any of them! (The remaining twelve studio albums I like - especially ACAS!)

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:26 pm

I tried but I can only come up with a 4-track EP for TEOAC/DD/ACAS

1. What Do You Want From Me?
2. Woman Of Mass Distraction
3. Dirty Diamonds
4. Vengeance Is Mine

On the other hand I just needed to subtract 3 songs from HS and you have a nice full length album

Hey Stoopid [4:34]
Love's a Loaded Gun [4:11]
Snakebite [4:33]
Burning Our Bed [4:34]
Dangerous Tonight [4:41]
Might As Well Be on Mars [7:09]
Feed My Frankenstein [4:44]
Wind-Up Toy [5:27]

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:08 pm

With the exception of Along Came a Spider, I enjoy at least half the tracks on every Alice album (in most cases, even more than that).

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:14 pm

I always like to let albums stand as they are--whether if they are good or bad. I think in the case of Alice, or any artist for that matter, have released albums that contain inferior filler songs. It's hard to fire on all cylinders all of the time, and back in Alice's glory years, most artists were under contract to produce at least an album each year. Alice, I believe, had to give Warner Bros one new album each year. That's an incredible task--especially when he toured almost each of the albums. This led to a lot of inferior songs getting on albums to fill sides.

I think all of the albums mentioned could use some changes so here's a few of mine.

Lace & Whiskey-omit Ubangi Stomp & No More Love At Your Convenience. Maybe add a cover of Alicia Bridges "I Love The Nightlife" for the obligatory disco cut.

From The Inside- I wish they found a way no work "No Tricks" on to the album. It's an incredible song!

Special Forces-omit You Want It You Got It. If I had one wish I would have loved to hear this band's version and arrangement of "The World Need Guts". It's too bad the time machine wasn't yet invented in 1981.

Constrictor--omit Thrill My Gorilla and replace it with Hard Rock Summer. That song is also a swollen hemorrhoid but a little less painful.

Trash--the only solution to this album would involve nuclear Armageddon and the end of the planet Earth. On the bad side there will no longer be a planet and we'll all be dead. On the good side--at least the album will no longer exist and the people with awful tastes in music will be dead along with the rest of us.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:I tried but I can only come up with a 4-track EP for TEOAC/DD/ACAS

3. Dirty Diamonds
4. Vengeance Is Mine

On the other hand I just needed to subtract 3 songs from HS and you have a nice full length album

Bob--this is absolutely perfect. It would have made for an incredibly strong album. Also, I think the album shoud have been titled "Wind Up Toy". There's so much that could have been done with the artwork with that title. Also, could you imagine a giant prop for that song in the stage show!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:23 pm

If any one knows--who's idea was it to name that album "Hey Stoopid"?

Was it true that the original title of "Lace & Whiskey" was "Drunken Stoopor?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:55 am

Toronto Bob wrote:I tried but I can only come up with a 4-track EP for TEOAC/DD/ACAS

3. Dirty Diamonds
4. Vengeance Is Mine

Maybe snip the awful Hey Hey intro on Hey Stoopid too or is that just on the 45? Snakebite was just cliched formula and Dangerous Tonight wasn't in anyway dangerous.

I love FTF but feel that album would have been better served if Headlines just ended dead after " Just don't spit on me ". Much more impactful.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 am

From mr.barlow:
"If any one knows--who's idea was it to name that album "Hey Stoopid"?"

It was Alice's as far as I know (once the song had been written).

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:38 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:
I love FTF but feel that album would have been better served if Headlines just ended dead after " Just don't spit on me ". Much more impactful.
That is weird - I used to think something similar. In my mind's ear, I heard the "Just Don't Spit on Me" line small pause, then a static radio signal tuning in Headlines and then you hear the Headlines fade out playing on a slightly distant AM radio.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:
That is weird - I used to think something similar. In my mind's ear, I heard the "Just Don't Spit on Me" line small pause, then a static radio signal tuning in Headlines and then you hear the Headlines fade out playing on a slightly distant AM radio.

I'd go for that one with some gruesome or apocalypse type headlines. I honestly thought Flat Line was a brilliant way to end WTMN2. Eerie, creepy and more nightmareish than anything on that album.