New cool Alice Cooper Halloween Mask for 2015!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: New cool Alice Cooper Halloween Mask for 2015!

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 am

Si wrote:IN the end it doesn`t really matter. The majority of people buying this won't know Bill and to them anything with the make up on is Alice.
I do shudder at the thought of seeing "Bill" all over the place at shows for the next few years. :laugh:
I agree and that's the genius of Alice and Shep's marketing. You can slap the make-up on anything and people will buy it. Teddy bears, dolls, you name it--add the make-up and count the cash.

The mask in question is ridiculous looking--and maybe it's an inside joke to see how many people would actually pay good money for a mask of a phoney Alice. They could have taken the cheaper route and simply purchased all of the leftover Clay Aiken Hallowenn masks available on the liquidation markets, paint on the make-up and sell them as Alice Cooper masks at full price!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:35 am

pitkin88 wrote:This reminds me a lot of Milli Vanilli. The fans are being duped into buying an official product that is not Alice Cooper. Amuck where are you?
I never knew Milli got married after Billie left her to join the Peace Corps.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:40 am

recoop wrote:Golf isn't part of Alice the character I suppose- more Alice the person- it gets confusing at times as Alice sometimes makes reference to bringing more violence into golf (in character?). Re the mask didn't realise past heated discussions re teeth but as has been said that mask looks very little like Alice although recognisable from make up. I wonder if the mask leads to near asphyxiation, severe facial sweating (and finally death?) like the one I own does?

Didn't spot how many euros these were being sold for - however good exchange rate is I don't think I will be buying-would like to know how well it sells in Germany though as Alice seems to have a strong following there.
Let's hope so--but I think it would be very hard to surpass the yearly sales of Klaus Meine masks.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:46 pm

From recoop:
"Anyway was there really early and wondered in down near front and saw Jonathan King (yuk).."

I saw him at an Alice show in New York as well. He was a supporter of Alice's once on a television debate.

>anyway think it was a soundcheck going on and one of my friends said is that Alice

It would have been unlikely and doesn't sound like the sort of thing he would have done. I do remember he had a really bad cold during those two shows (which was great considering the two shows to follow were be filmed).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:52 pm

From pitkin88:
"The fans are being duped into buying an official product that is not Alice Cooper."

People know what he looks like though, as you know. If people don't want to buy it because they don't think it looks like him, then they won't buy it.

>Amuck where are you?

I am here and at your service. Also, you could try not distorting my username and show a bit of good faith.

I am right here and I think the mask was a silly idea but you're also forgetting that Obviously everyone knows what he looks like, as you know.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:54 pm

From mr.barlow:
"You can slap the make-up on anything and people will buy it. Teddy bears"

It is pretty amazing just how popular those have turned out to be.

>The mask in question is ridiculous looking

I agree.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:02 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"The fans are being duped into buying an official product that is not Alice Cooper."

People know what he looks like though, as you know. If people don't want to buy it because they don't think it looks like him, then they won't buy it.

>Amuck where are you?

I am here and at your service. Also, you could try not distorting my username and show a bit of good faith.

I am right here and I think the mask was a silly idea but you're also forgetting that Obviously everyone knows what he looks like, as you know.

I think you are missing the point. If this is am official product proclaiming to be Alice Cooper shouldn't it at least be based on a pic of Alice not someone pretending to be Alice? Would you be comfortable with a picture of Bill Cooper on an Alice Cooper album?Should we call this the Bill mask? Has anyone reached out to Bill for a comment? I doubt he would sue but who knows.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:34 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Has anyone reached out to Bill for a comment? I doubt he would sue but who knows.
Bill knows about it and has done since I sent him the photo last year. He thinks it looks like him too and that it's funny as hell. Of course he isn`t going to sue, don`t be silly.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Bill Cooper
Who?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:12 pm

While I agree that it looks like Bill Crowe, it's still recognizable as an Alice Cooper caricature to me. I think it's the exaggeration of the eyes and the snarl of the mouth that makes it looks less like Alice than it should. That said, the big problem is the nose - which just doesn't look like Alices in profile. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vsDttfb7w0Y/V ... tudios.jpg
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:34 pm

I seem to remember someone who I had on my FB page a long time ago proclaiming their love for Alice and used a picture of Bill instead.

I eagerly await the Jolly Jon masks next.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Devon wrote:I seem to remember someone who I had on my FB page a long time ago proclaiming their love for Alice and used a picture of Bill instead.

I eagerly await the Jolly Jon masks next.

:grin:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:52 pm

Swinger wrote:While I agree that it looks like Bill Crowe, it's still recognizable as an Alice Cooper caricature to me. I think it's the exaggeration of the eyes and the snarl of the mouth that makes it looks less like Alice than it should. That said, the big problem is the nose - which just doesn't look like Alices in profile. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vsDttfb7w0Y/V ... tudios.jpg

Agreed. That shnozz is too unbeak like.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 am

Devon wrote:I seem to remember someone who I had on my FB page a long time ago proclaiming their love for Alice and used a picture of Bill instead.
I seem to remember you showing me that!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:44 pm

From pitkin88:
"I think you are missing the point. If this is am official product proclaiming to be Alice Cooper shouldn't it at least be based on a pic of Alice not someone pretending to be Alice?

I don't disagree but if you read my earlier reply, you'll see that we all know what Alice looks like. There will be people who won't want to buy it for exactly the reason you suggest, just as there will be people who will buy it because they don't care and will think it's still worth buying.

>Would you be comfortable with a picture of Bill Cooper on an Alice Cooper album?

It depends on the context. Alice once commented on how great a picture of him was until I pointed out it was actually an impersonator in the photograph.

>Should we call this the Bill mask? Has anyone reached out to Bill for a comment? I doubt he would sue but who knows.

He has been a friend and associate for many years and as Si wrote, he found it amusing.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:48 pm

From Swinger:
"That said, the big problem is the nose"

I don't think any of the masks sold over the years have really looked like Alice to any great extent.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:50 pm

It's not Bill...it's my ex-mother-in-law.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:29 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I like it!
I do too. None of these masks ever look exactly like the person. They're masks.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:31 pm

People really think it looks more like Bill Crowe than Alice?

http://po4ep.s3.amazonaws.com/1201/l/19928126.jpg
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:41 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:People really think it looks more like Bill Crowe than Alice?

http://po4ep.s3.amazonaws.com/1201/l/19928126.jpg
You kinda have to hgave seen Bill in make up in the flesh to realise how much it actually does. I also looked for photos that show it but couldn`t find any.
You do know Bill runs alicecooperpics.co.uk? Lots of pic of bill on there (as well as endless AC ones haha)