Alice joins Motley Crue for more dates in 2015

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Alice joins Motley Crue for more dates in 2015

Post by Rob » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Motley Crue announce more dates for 2015 once again Alice will be special guest for most of these , details below
Mötley Crüe's Final Tour
July 22 - Eugene, OR @Matthew Knight Arena *
July 24 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome *
July 26 - Billings, MT @ Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark *
July 28 - Boise, ID @ Taco Bell Arena *
July 29 - Salt Lake City, UT @ EnergySolutions Arena *
July 31 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center *
August 3 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre *
August 5 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center *
August 7 - Milwaukee, WI @ BMO Harris Bradley Center *
August 8 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena *
August 9 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills *
August 11 - Hershey, PA @ Giant Center *
August 12 - New York, NY @ Barclays Center *
August 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center *
August 15 - Worcester, MA @ DCU Center *
August 16 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena *
August 18 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena *
August 19 - Cincinnati, OH @ U.S. Bank Arena *
August 20 - Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse *
August 22 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre *
August 23 - Ottawa, ON @ Canadian Tire Centre *
August 24 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre *
August 26 - Baltimore, MD @ Royal Farms Arena *
August 28 - Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena *
August 29 - Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena *
August 30 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena *
September 2 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
September 4 - New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center *
September 5 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
September 6 - San Antonio, TX @ Alamodome
September 15 Monterrey, NL @ Arena Monterrey
September 10 - Mexico City, DF @ Arena Ciudad de Mexico
TBA - Las Vegas, NV @ TBA
December 31 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

* With Alice Cooper
It must be true A_Michael said so

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice joins Motley Crue for more dates in 2015

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:43 pm

How awful.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm

I was expecting Alice to go on with a whole new show with some new studio songs .. But once again we will get tired of reading that "Alice stole the show last night" ..

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 pm

We've officially entered the "milk it for all it's worth" phase of Alice's career.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 pm

While I can understand why it's happening, my feelings haven`t changed.
Can I just fast forward to 2016?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Si wrote:Can I just fast forward to 2016?
What makes you think that will be different?

I see a trend here.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03 pm

It's obviously what Alice wants/enjoys doing, plus he doesn't 'owe' me, or 'the fans' a damn thing. Having said that, I think it's an appalling decision, on a number of levels.

It may be financially rewarding, but, IMO, on an artistically creative level it scores a big, fat zero; presumably, it's another truncated, greatest hits set. Alice gets painted more firmly into the 'metal' corner, plus further cements his position - in the US at least - as a non-headline act. (I also don't understand why Alice is so happy to overtly support MC - whose entire act is based around misogynistic, sexualised lyrics - when he's specifically stated that he won't perform certain songs from 'Trash', because he doesn't believe in 'that message' anymore.)

'RTD' is still being flogged into February, at least, then there's that dreadful cruise - the equivalent of some 'chicken-in-a-basket', Batley Variety Club-type gig - plus those oh-so predictable metal festivals in June. As for the covers album - which I was quite looking forward to, at one stage - well, it's been delayed for so long that I couldn't care less if it's released or not now.

Apologies if this comes over as an anti-Alice rant, but the 'red mist' descended when I read the MC 'news'. Its just that I much prefer Alice Cooper, the creative artist, to Alice Trooper.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Indeed very disappointing. On the bright side it saves me money.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:59 pm

We must realistically face the possibility that with W2MN we saw Alice's last attempt to do something new (?) and original creatively. The only product on the horizon is a covers album and although it's cool there's a theme and some new songs, it's not a project I'm looking forward to.

If he decided to work on a new album it wouldn't be released until after the covers album, that's 2018 or beyond and Alice would be 70 years old.

I'd like to see him fall into pure artist mode when this tour is finished but I don't think it's in his nature to do that. I'd love to be mistaken.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:15 pm

darkmenace wrote:We must realistically face the possibility that with W2MN we saw Alice's last attempt to do something new (?) and original creatively.
I don`t think that is true. ALice has many ideas, its just whether any of them come to frutition. That is down to circumstances and what else is happening.
darkmenace wrote:I'd like to see him fall into pure artist mode when this tour is finished but I don't think it's in his nature to do that. I'd love to be mistaken.
I agree. Alice is first and foremost an entertainer. It's, I think, part of the reason he isn`t respected the way Bowie etc are.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Well I guess I am really old because I remember when Alice Cooper use to be interesting and something to get excited about. Seems like a very long time ago.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Very disappointing to see a big chunk of the year again reserved for Alice in cruise control mode.

I fully understand the reasons but 2012 is starting to feel a very long time ago now.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 pm

I do not understand his decision to be the support act for Motley Crue again. He has been doing these support act gigs for so long that I thought he would be hungry and ready to book a large headlining tour. Raise The Dead tour has dragged on and on. While it has definitely improved since its inception in late 2012 it has now ran its course and gotten stale. Alice also doesn't seem to be in hurry to release the covers album. He hasn't even talked much about it recently. We don't know anything about it that we already didn't know six months ago.

I hope he goes to creative mode again and starts writing original songs with Nita Strauss and Ryan Roxie for example. Or at least create a more inventive stage show with some creative twists.

Alice Cooper is my inspiration, my idol and my favorite artist. But I have to admit I don't agree with or understand all his decisions.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 pm

The last ever Motley tour that never ends- hmm even I am stifling a yawn- shame about covers album- its Alice's career and I managed to forgive No More Love at Your Convenience so maybe this is not that bad- money and the chance to perform to bigger crowds are maybe the drivers
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 pm

recoop wrote:The last ever Motley tour that never ends- hmm even I am stifling a yawn-
To be fair they always said there would be more shows this year. Last show is in LA on New Years Eve I believe.
Of course we hoped Alice wouldn`t be ON the tour this year!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Haha Si nicely put re Alice's involvement- I know they said Motley tour would go into 2015 but they have already got a gig on 31.12.2015 by looks of it-lol- hope Alice doesn't extend his involvement more than has been listed - can only hope he uses the cash to fund his own stuff in 2016- he has a right to do what he wants but could risk losing long standing fans
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 pm

What happened to the we should be happy we are still able to see Alice at all and we should be happy to take whatever he gives us crowd?

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:57 pm

One of the reasons David Bowie continues to command critical support is because he treats his own artistic legacy with more self respect; he's never trampled all over it by supporting third-rate tosspots, nor endlessly flogged the same old set of songs. (To even think that he might 'guest' on, say, Gary Numan's farewell tour would be laughable.)

Alice seems to genuinely believe that has-beens such as Mutley Crud are still 'where it's at'. Apart from The Strypes, he appears to think that there are no great new rock bands - does he actually listen to new music? - which is nonsense. (Try lending an ear to The Ghost Wolves, Amazing Snakeheads or King Gizzard, Alice.)

Turning yourself into a quasi-karaoke band-for-hire isn't the best way to go about maintaining your artistic credentials. Just saying. (The comments on Facebook are overwhelmingly negative too.)

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:20 am

I agree with all of the disappointment with this announcement, but I think some of the criticism is unfair. Alice can't draw enough on his own to do a "large headlining tour." The Crue tour has also been very successful and I'm guessing it will continue to be lucrative. While people can complain about Alice's "legacy" vs. financial gain. While, I agree Alice does not "need" this paycheck, there are more involved than just Alice. I think people forget that many artists with Alice's current drawing power, are routinely going through a cast a sideman, who are usually very poorly compensated. Alice been able to sustain a very steady crew and is also able to compensate them better than many others at the same level.
Alice isn't Bowie and no matter he does the media will not treat him as such. Just the fact that he continues to put on a killer show regularly at his age (even if it has been seen by everyone here over and over)is a very solid legacy in and of itself. And nothing he does can ever really tarnish his vast accomplishments.
Having said all this, I still concur that this is very disappointing from my perspective as a hard core fa).

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 am

I'm actually surprised Motley Crue wanted him to continue w/ them. It seemed like a lot of reviews I've read favored Coop's set and when I seen the tour last year I really thought Coop was so much better and so much tighter. The sound for Cooper was perfect where as Motley sounded not so good (it took a while to figure out what songs they were playing). It really seemed like the Crue was more concerned about having more Pyro than a Kiss show. Even my wife thought Coop was better and she is more of a Motley Crue fan. We did enjoy Motley Crue once we realized what songs they were playing.