I'll Bite Your Face Off (life imitates art).

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Paulimo
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

I'll Bite Your Face Off (life imitates art).

Post by Paulimo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:36 pm

This story hit the news yesterday. The guy was in the process of eating the poor girl's face when the police arrived.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-29961166

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I'll Bite Your Face Off (life imitates art).

Post by Si » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Strange. When the song first came out there was someone in the US who did the same thing. There was a question on whether they would withdraw the song because of it.

Paulimo
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Paulimo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:42 pm

The guy is dead now, so we'll never know if he ever heard the song, or not.

ianmac
Trash
Trash

Post by ianmac » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:27 am

Hells teeth people, surely nobody here really thinks that this song had any influence on this terrible barbaric act.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:55 am

ianmac wrote:Hells teeth people, surely nobody here really thinks that this song had any influence on this terrible barbaric act.
Of course not, but the media is stoopid and lazy. It wouldn't be a surprise if some journalist linked the two if they discovered the song. It's not like they need any evidence of a link to create a news story.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Si wrote:
ianmac wrote:Hells teeth people, surely nobody here really thinks that this song had any influence on this terrible barbaric act.
Of course not, but the media is stoopid and lazy. It wouldn't be a surprise if some journalist linked the two if they discovered the song. It's not like they need any evidence of a link to create a news story.
--------------------------------------
absolutely right, Si : a few years ago someone dressed like a goth killed some babies and wounded others and the press, and news, in their search for "explanations" came up with influences amongst others found in music.. Some examples were illustrated in the news on tv and the litte Betty act from Brutal Planet was amongst it..
Felt quite uncomfortable, even though we all know that this had absolutely nothing to do with this terrible acts..
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:58 pm

patrick wrote: absolutely right, Si : a few years ago someone dressed like a goth killed some babies and wounded others and the press, and news, in their search for "explanations" came up with influences amongst others found in music.. Some examples were illustrated in the news on tv and the litte Betty act from Brutal Planet was amongst it..
Felt quite uncomfortable, even though we all know that this had absolutely nothing to do with this terrible acts..
The most famous ones I would suggest were Manson/Columbine and the Judas Priest 'backwards masking' fiasco.
I also remember a case some years back where the police requested all the membership files of the Marillion fan club. Their reason? A murder suspect had a web tattoo'd on his hand and the Marillion fan club is named after the song "The Web"...

Never underestimate the stoopidity of people....