Album Idea

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Album Idea

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:21 pm

What are your views on Alice doing an album of duets, but still with the backing band? Don't have to be a singer, could be another drummer or guitar player, even piano.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Album Idea

Post by Robbie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:01 am

......well "Millie and Billie" is a brilliant track so an interesting idea and not one without precedent!

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:31 am

'No Tricks' was wonderful, plus Alice/Miss Piggy was porkishly divine.

I like a lot of duets singles/individual tracks, but full albums don't usually work for me. There are exceptions - Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell; Sonny and Cher; Glen Campbell/Bobbie Gentry - but most duets albums come across as last gasp, bank account fillers, from aging 'stars' bereft of original ideas. IMO, anything involving:- multi-partners; not being in the same studio; resurrecting the same old 'standards'; or anyone actually dead(!), scuppers the whole thing.

In theory, it could work for me, if Alice chose a single, living(!), partner, it was mostly original material, plus they actually did record it together, with a really skilled producer/arranger. Suggestions? Hmm, perhaps Patti Smith.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:52 am

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... s-573977/2

I would go for a whole album of Betty Wright with Alice and David Foster producing (interesting link above re David Foster's view on working with Alice). If you want to Betty Wright recently look on youtube for Jools Holland Hootenanny 2012 with Betty Wright doing Clean up Woman-lively

Other option and maybe my first would be Jack White and Alice with Jack producing and Alice no doubt influencing things :rock:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:36 pm

How bout Alice and One Direction doing a whole album of hits from the Monkees.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Good idea, Kevin. Let's not forget Alice's duet with Patty Donahue on "I Like Girls".

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:29 pm

MrD Returns wrote:How bout Alice and One Direction doing a whole album of hits from the Monkees.
Oh do keep up, Mr D, One Direction are so 'last year'; it's The Vamps or Rixton! (And you may scoff, but I reckon it's odds on that a Monkees song will make the covers album.) Anyway, Alice could always go down the Barry Manilow route, and do an entire album with dead people; 'Deadly Duets', it has a certain ring to it. After all, he's already got the tombstones! Now where's that Ouija board?

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Alice has recorded with Guns 'n' Roses, Slash, Ke$ha, to name a few, sang with Marilyn Manson, friends with Sammy Hagar, Rob Zombie, influnced countless bands or singers, there are plenty that would jump at the chance.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:46 am

Coop and Iommi!
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:47 pm

evil syd wrote:Coop and Iommi!
That would work I reckon

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:04 pm

concolz wrote:
MrD Returns wrote:How bout Alice and One Direction doing a whole album of hits from the Monkees.
Oh do keep up, Mr D, One Direction are so 'last year'; it's The Vamps or Rixton! (And you may scoff, but I reckon it's odds on that a Monkees song will make the covers album.) Anyway, Alice could always go down the Barry Manilow route, and do an entire album with dead people; 'Deadly Duets', it has a certain ring to it. After all, he's already got the tombstones! Now where's that Ouija board?
I suppose your right. I was originally going to say The BackStreet Boys because I seem to remember them being on the cover of a magazine some years ago. But I figured that reference would really show just how out of touch I am. So a quick Google search of possible duet partners turned up these One Dimension fellows. I had actually never heard of them before. Maybe he could do Rocky Mountain High with a John Denver hologram. That seems quite the rage these days. You know dragging up dead people and making it appear they aren't dead anymore.
But with Alice he would have to have John Denver appear to have been dead for lo these many years and actually look like a corpse.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Mr D what about a duet you think would work-positive one- sort of funny what you are saying like but was beginning to wonder whether you have posted under another name previously= just a hunch?

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:13 pm

recoop wrote:Hi Mr D what about a duet you think would work-positive one- sort of funny what you are saying like but was beginning to wonder whether you have posted under another name previously= just a hunch?

yeah some know me as MrDemeanor but everyone just called me MrD. Went away for awhile and came back as just MrD returns.
It was easier than trying to dig up my old screen name.

back all those years ago we had quite a little across the pond link. Baz and I became great friends during that time and still remain so. He sticks his head in every once in a while. I don't post as much as I did back then because everything I've had to say about Alice Cooper (group and solo) I've pretty much said.
Not really been too impressed with anything since BP. Hard to believe that Brutal Planet is going on 15 years old. Suppose that's a testament to Alice though. Just think of all the artists that have come and gone in the last 15 years and Alice is still going strong. :alice:

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks for info Mr D-funnily enough on a thread I started recently Brutal Planet shows up as the last AC album I consider top class. However, I have liked some of the album content since. Re duets, just reconsidering, I would not want an album of duet ballads.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:38 pm

recoop wrote:Thanks for info Mr D-funnily enough on a thread I started recently Brutal Planet shows up as the last AC album I consider top class. However, I have liked some of the album content since. Re duets, just reconsidering, I would not want an album of duet ballads.
Oh come on now, be a sport. Any duet he does couldn't be any worse than Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever. And before anyone says anything I actually liked "what baby wants". I know it's kinda ya know "dance -ish" but it's actually an ode to "Whatever Lola Wants" from "Damn Yankees" (the musical...not the band) and I thought it was pretty clever and that Ke$ha (sic) chick is pretty hot too.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:43 pm

MrD Returns wrote:
recoop wrote:Thanks for info Mr D-funnily enough on a thread I started recently Brutal Planet shows up as the last AC album I consider top class. However, I have liked some of the album content since. Re duets, just reconsidering, I would not want an album of duet ballads.
Oh come on now, be a sport. Any duet he does couldn't be any worse than Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever.
But Mr D what if he rerecorded Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever as a slowed down ballad and stretched it an extra couple of minutes

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 pm

recoop wrote:
MrD Returns wrote:
Oh come on now, be a sport. Any duet he does couldn't be any worse than Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever.
But Mr D what if he rerecorded Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever as a slowed down ballad and stretched it an extra couple of minutes
I dunno maybe...but I'm pretty sure it would still suck.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:59 am

That's something I've wanted to hear for years.

Also Alice and Lady Gaga doing something would be amazing in my opinion.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:13 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:
That's something I've wanted to hear for years.

Also Alice and Lady Gaga doing something would be amazing in my opinion.

Hey! now you may be on to something. Alice and the "All Hot Chicks All-Star Lineup"
Duets with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rhianna, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Fergie even Brittany (still hot). Go a little old school and have Madonna and maybe Stevie Nicks. Nita and Orianthi on guitar.
Not a fan of most of the ladies mentioned but you can't deny hotness. Not sure who else, there's a ton of these superhot chicks topping the charts these days but I can only name a few. Open to suggestions. Also I like to get everyone's thoughts on which AC song and match it up with the appropriate hot chick.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Apart from Patti Smith, who I mentioned earlier, I'd love Alice to work/duet with Yoko Ono, Tori Amos, Diamanda Galas, Bettye LaVette, Kathleen Hanna, Siouxsie Sioux or PJ Harvey. Mature, feisty, extremely creative, female musicians, who'd twist off yer goolies should the words 'hot' or 'chick' be so much as uttered.

One really, really interesting combination would be Alice and Jayne County. Sparks would certainly fly there!