Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: 1972

Post by SkipTown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:23 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Not got an issue as it's good to see the images of Glen grouped on a site dedicated to his memory, but lot of the images and info are ones I posted on the sickthings Facebook page which I went to the trouble of getting correct dates for and removing the watermarks, as photographers often get their dates wrong and plaster them with watermarks.
Sad that SkipTown has to feel the need to have a pop at this site and the people on it, many of whom are big GB fans such a shame.
Steven....I appreciate the work you have done on the photos. If you would like a mention on the website....

I admit that only a small percentage of the photos used are owned by the Buxton family. But I've ''stolen'' photos from all over the net. I never claimed to to have done anything new or original...just created a place to collect the photos of GB/original band. Like I said, I am enjoying doing this - even if the audience for it is small. Don't like it? Ignore it.

One thing Steven. I don't think there ARE many GB fans on THIS site.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:52 pm

SkipTown wrote:I don't think there ARE many GB fans on THIS site.
Well I'm one and for sure they're more on this site .........

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Mr. Skull wrote:
SkipTown wrote:I don't think there ARE many GB fans on THIS site.
Well I'm one and for sure they're more on this site .........
Thank you Mr. Skull. But it appears that 'some' of the GB fans can be pushed away because they don't like me! LOL. (See Hunter Goatley). A few others seem to think that I am tarnishing the memory of Glen because I don't follow the rule of ''no negativity about Alice''. Young Mr. Remarkable wants me out of the picture altogether...lol. Mr. Remarkable even has called GB followers 'sycophants'. It comes down to the same old question we find in the Life of Brian movie. ?Follow the shoe or follow the gourd?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:24 pm

From SkipTown:
I don't think there ARE many GB fans on THIS site.

That is completely false. No offence is meant but a lot of us here don't need lessons from you (or indeed anybody) in appreciating his talent. Again, you're just pretending to be a victim.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:29 pm

From SkipTown:
But it appears that 'some' of the GB fans can be pushed away because they don't like me!

Maybe that's a reason why you should evaluate your recent actions.

> because I don't follow the rule of ''no negativity about Alice''.

You try very hard to re - write history but all your statements are publicly available here for anyone to look out. The only rules that exist are the ones you agree to when you join this site.

> Young Mr. Remarkable wants me out of the picture altogether...lol.

Why is that funny? You threatened at least two people with ejection from your Facebook page.

> Mr. Remarkable even has called GB followers 'sycophants'.

You have used that word as well.

>It comes down to the same old question we find in the Life of Brian movie. ?Follow the shoe or follow the gourd?

Keep playing the victim. Somewhere, a violin is playing.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 pm

SkipTown wrote:But it appears that 'some' of the GB fans can be pushed away because they don't like me! LOL. (See Hunter Goatley).
Your actions can push me away from anything you have anything to do with, yes. Since that happens to be two sites (the FB group and the website) devoted to Glen, that's two sites devoted to Glen that I won't be visiting.

LOL all you want. It doesn't bother me. Just as my not visiting the sites shouldn't bother you.

Hunter

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Let's take Hunter's thoughts one step farther, and let me really get the violins going. ::((:

It appears that a healthy sized group here find me obnoxious, boring, stupid, etc, etc. OK - let's pinpoint my flaws and mistakes. What have I done to push your buttons? Have I said something in particular that was wrong and/or offensive? Is it my snotty attitude? My rapier wit? Let's put it on the table and see what you've got.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:56 pm

From SkipTown:
Hey Andy....is Mr. Barlow your boss?

For some reason I missed this, so apologies for the slow reply. The answer to your question is no.

> I notice you don't cross him.

Where was I supposed to?

>Did you do something that got corporates'

Who is that?

>I do recall Si did 'cross' him a little ONE time, but mr. barlow seems to have free reign here and very few posters even communicate with him.

You would need to ask the owner of this site about that.

> Sadly, for me, I suspect that with this episode today, that my 10% discount on lunch, at a certain Hawaiian eatery, has flown out the window. Maybe Mick Fleetwod will pick up my tab? ;)

The tragedy is how bad these jokes are not that most people won't know what you're referring to.

>But these underlings....kevin, Sincere, weepy....I would be unhappy, if I was in your shoes. You've trained these guys for years...

What an idiot.

>But keep working with them, you don't have a large crop to choose from these days.

What an idiot.

>PS...try to laugh a little Andy....it's only rock and roll

I am laughing. Guess who at.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:03 pm

From SkipTown:
What have I done to push your buttons?

Leaving aside the incredible self - centred nature of your question, one could ask YOU a similar question. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have and several times as well. What is that YOU want, that you don't have? Is it really just that pathetic desire for Alice to acknowledge the band enough times to please you and in a way that you find to an acceptable standard?

Let's put it on the table and see what you've got.

You have a short memory - just yesterday I posted a link which is a good introduction for anyone interested. Also, almost all your posts for the last two years or so should answer your question.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
If you start a praise thread I will gladly praise.

This site already exists though and that's where most of that information and content came from. You have never praised it.

>I really liked the way it was put together with ticket stubs,quotes,pics of the venues now and then etc etc.

That already exists here though (apart from the images of buildings which doesn't really have anything to do with Alice Cooper but that's a different matter entirely).

>You really get a feel for what was happening during that period.

Again, so much of that information and content came from this site.

>If someone here did the same with Flush The Fashion through Da Da I would praise for sure.

Have you seen the Timelines section of this site?

Yes a lot of the information came from here but the layout here is really drab. Bob took and then added and made his site into something a lot more presentable and visual. I actually really like the shots of the venues and knowing if they still exist. Again it gives a feel which I don't get here. I know you are not a very visual person as evidenced by your cluttered and poorly laid out fanzine ( content was excellent ) which sadly stopped once you got involved with Alice and his entourage.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

SkipTown wrote:What have I done to push your buttons?
Why are you asking us, when in fact yesterday you were quite proud of yourself for "pushing our buttons."

Just because you deleted the posts, doesn't mean we've forgotten.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Bob took and then added and made his site into something a lot more presentable and visual.
:rotfl:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Bob took and then added and made his site into something a lot more presentable and visual.

So you prefer the bland list layout of the timeline here? It looks better than Bob's or you just hate Bob that much that you wont give him that? Remarkably Childish if so.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 pm

> Bob took and then added and made his site into something a lot more presentable and visual.

You really are going to have to explain that. I mean, that's fine if that's your personal taste, but I would have said that not only is the format of both actually quite straghtforward and similar, I would say the way that information is presented here is more appealing.

>I actually really like the shots of the venues and knowing if they still exist.

Hoefully, you're being honest.

>I know you are not a very visual person as evidenced by your cluttered and poorly laid out fanzine

No actually, I am indeed "very visual", but back then, I had no skill in that area especially when all I had was a type - writer, scissors and glue.

>which sadly stopped once you got involved with Alice and his entourage.

What a ridiculous assumption. What makes you think that was the reason?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:

So you prefer the bland list layout of the timeline here? It looks better than Bob's or you just hate Bob that much that you wont give him that? Remarkably Childish if so.
This site has an amazing amount of information on it. I have no problem with the layout. It's difficult to manage this amount of information and I think Si has done a great job.

I was laughing because TheOriginalGlenBuxton.com was clearly put together by someone who's a novice at website design. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend it's something it isn't. There are some nice pictures and information. STUK should be credited, however where appropriate.

Beyond that, I fail to see why you contine to take shots at this site. It's a fantastic site that has been around for well over a decade and is the premier Alice Cooper site on the internet.

Jealous much?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:06 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> Bob took and then added and made his site into something a lot more presentable and visual.

You really are going to have to explain that. I mean, that's fine if that's your personal taste, but I would have said that not only is the format of both actually quite straghtforward and similar, I would say the way that information is presented here is more appealing.

>I actually really like the shots of the venues and knowing if they still exist.

Hoefully, you're being honest.

>I know you are not a very visual person as evidenced by your cluttered and poorly laid out fanzine

No actually, I am indeed "very visual", but back then, I had no skill in that area especially when all I had was a type - writer, scissors and glue.

>which sadly stopped once you got involved with Alice and his entourage.

What a ridiculous assumption. What makes you think that was the reason?

If you cant understand my first point I can't explain it to you. Yes I am being honest why would you even question that? There were many fanzines before and around the time of yours where the owners had the same equipment as you and were much more visually better looking. Nice try. Your fanzine did stop when you got involved didn't it? I think there was one more issue. Is that not factual? I did say sadly which is praising it. I don't believe I said it stopped because of your involvement and that was your goal all along.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 pm

So you prefer the bland list layout of the timeline here? It looks better than Bob's or you just hate Bob that much that you wont give him that? Remarkably Childish if so.[/quote]

This site has an amazing amount of information on it. I have no problem with the layout. It's difficult to manage this amount of information and I think Si has done a great job.

I was laughing because TheOriginalGlenBuxton.com was clearly put together by someone who's a novice at website design. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend it's something it isn't. There are some nice pictures and information. STUK should be credited, however where appropriate.

Beyond that, I fail to see why you contine to take shots at this site. It's a fantastic site that has been around for well over a decade and is the premier Alice Cooper site on the internet.

Jealous much?[/quote]

Jealous of what? I have seen Alice in 75. I have met him. I have quite a few rare items. What am I jealous about?
Because I prefer the layout of one over the other hardly constitutes a pot shot at this site. What other pot shots have I continued to make?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Ok let's be honest. The GB website that GNDM has created looks amateurish at best so Pitkins silly comments about it being better than this site are laughable. I remember this website when it was first created and it still looked better than what this sycophantic GB thing.

Oh and another thing. For GNDM to then claim that 'there aren't many GB fans on here'.... speak for yourself. I adore his guitar playing in the ACG. I adore the playing of all the guys. Does this mean I also have to adore your contributions? What are your contributions by the way? Were you somehow involved in the ACG? Nope.

Crikey.... my late Grandmother once went out with Benny Hill just after the second world war, maybe I should start my own Benny Hill appreciation page and live my life vicariously through that. Perhaps I can even have my own instagram page where I can tag my photos with the likes of #TheRealBennyHillAppreciationClub. My Dad used to mow the lawn of Phil Lynott's mothers house, maybe I should start a thread slagging off all the remaining members of Thin Lizzy for having the gall to carry on pursuing their passion for music after he died, the bastards. After-all, I have a family connection so therefore that makes me directly related to the greatness of Phil Lynott himself.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 pm

Better than the timeline on this site not better than this site!! Heaven you are making me weep!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Better than the timeline on this site
Seriously??!!