Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Announcement

Post by SkipTown » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Hello,
Those interested in the original Alice Cooper band and, more specifically, original guitarist, Glen Buxton....are invited to peruse the following website.

http://www.theoriginalglenbuxton.com/about/

Thank you

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Announcement

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:42 pm

GNDM???
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 pm

Great site ! Thanks !!

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Great stuff, thanks.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:00 pm

:clap:

Will definately check that out regularly.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:42 am

I already knew that one. Great site. :clap: :rock:

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Thanks for this..love the "Blue Turk" demo
"I need everything the world owes me..."

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:08 pm

I just added an interview by DD that mentions Glen, as well as a "story" from Alice where he makes up some tall tales, and forgets a friend.

http://www.theoriginalglenbuxton.com/st ... n-mention/

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:08 pm

>as well as a "story" from Alice where he makes up some tall tales, and forgets a friend.

So your point seems to basically be not that he told "some tall tales" but that Glen was not included, the implication being telling tall tales" is fine as long as Glen is included. On that basis, Daggers & Contract was absolutely correct, but I think everyone had already arrived at the same conclusion. Welcome back to the fold.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 pm

SkipTown wrote:I just added an interview by DD that mentions Glen, as well as a "story" from Alice where he makes up some tall tales, and forgets a friend.

I think you're to harsh on Alice, I can not remember any tour, any concert Alice did solo he didn't not pay tribute to GB by performing his songs.

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:21 pm

http://www.theoriginalglenbuxton.com/about/

I have lots of photos of the band playing on stage, but very view of them list the exact venue and/or date. If you have any pictures of the Alice Cooper band from 1968 to 1972 that has the name of the venue (or the date) connected to it....please contact me here, on facebook, or at the website above. Thank you.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Terrific site with a lot of unique stuff. Very well researched.

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Mr. Skull wrote:
SkipTown wrote:I just added an interview by DD that mentions Glen, as well as a "story" from Alice where he makes up some tall tales, and forgets a friend.

I think you're to harsh on Alice, I can not remember any tour, any concert Alice did solo he didn't not pay tribute to GB by performing his songs.

Mr. Skull....I think you missed the point. My question is/was: With all the times Alice has mentioned Glen in interviews, I don't recall him mentioning Glen on stage during the tours where he was covering songs from his deceased, old drinking buddies. It seems Alice is willing to mention a lot of 'big time' names to draw the interest of the audience, even putting the names and pictures up on stage. It bothers me that he has not bothered to spend 10 seconds to mention his drinking buddy and band mate who started the original band with Alice. I realize that a majority of today's face painting fans, who attend an Alice Cooper show, would not even recognize the name Glen Buxton....but should that stop Alice from throwing out his name before School's Out or 18? Especially during his ''cover'' shows recently. Now please....don't give me the tired, "Glen wasn't a Hollywood Vampire"...neither were Hendrix or Morrison. I guess the bottom line is, the name Glen Buxton won't sell tickets or a CD.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:10 pm

From SkipTown:
....but should that stop Alice from throwing out his name before School's Out or 18?

This post shows (as we have all known) that you are filled with bitterness, resentment, envy and insecurity. Why is it SO important that Glen is mentioned in even such a cursory way? Are you that insecure? What difference would it make?! There is nobody in the original band that needs a lesson from you in acknowledging Glen and while this may have already been pointed out you, let me point out that "The Life And Crimes Of Alice Cooper" was dedicated to Glen, there is a lot of content about Glen in the book that came with "Old School" and on the DVD, Alice is always talking about Glen with affection albeit not publicly unless asked, Alice spoke warmly about Glen at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction event (which you claim you did not see) and unless I'm mistaken, Alice acknowledged Glen from the stage at the show in 1997 that Glen attended. In fact, Alice delayed his departure so that they could spend additional time with each other just talking because Alice was enjoying it so much and if none of that is good enough for you, that's your problem. The current show is exactly that - it s a show, not a forum for his personal feelings or tributes to everyone who has died and you would be better off putting your energy into something more positive like improving your site instead of desperately trying to create division that does not exist.

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:26 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From SkipTown:
....but should that stop Alice from throwing out his name before School's Out or 18?

This post shows (as we have all known) that you are filled with bitterness, resentment, envy and insecurity. Why is it SO important that Glen is mentioned in even such a cursory way? Are you that insecure? What difference would it make?! There is nobody in the original band that needs a lesson from you in acknowledging Glen and while this may have already been pointed out you, let me point out that "The Life And Crimes Of Alice Cooper" was dedicated to Glen, there is a lot of content about Glen in the book that came with "Old School" and on the DVD, Alice is always talking about Glen with affection albeit not publicly unless asked, Alice spoke warmly about Glen at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction event (which you claim you did not see) and unless I'm mistaken, Alice acknowledged Glen from the stage at the show in 1997 that Glen attended. In fact, Alice delayed his departure so that they could spend additional time with each other just talking because Alice was enjoying it so much and if none of that is good enough for you, that's your problem. The current show is exactly that - it s a show, not a forum for his personal feelings or tributes to everyone who has died and you would be better off putting your energy into something more positive like improving your site instead of desperately trying to create division that does not exist.
Thank you sir for your reply. I hope you don't mind if I use this as a quote from a person who is connected to the "front office/management team" of Alice Cooper. We find it typical of the shotgun approach used in negating a specific point or request. Nowhere was there a mention of a box set, a show in 1997, or the RnRHOF in my remarks. I am sure your 'statement' will serve well in the future. Oh....and those opening 'put-downs' of me, in your remarks above were wonderful. Class act! Thank you.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:32 pm

From SkipTown:
I hope you don't mind if I use this as a quote from a person who is connected to the "front office/management team" of Alice Cooper.

How is that relevant? Those are my opinions. I neither know nor care if they are shared by this "front office/management team" you refer to.

>Nowhere was there a mention of a box set, a show in 1997, or the RnRHOF in my remarks

That is why I mentioned those examples. They are exactly the kind of things you should be aware of. You should also explain why they are not good enough examples. Unless I'm mistaken, Alice hasn't referred to Dick Wagner from the stage either. Are you going to complain about that as well?

> Oh....and those opening 'put-downs' of me, in your remarks above were wonderful. Class act! Thank you.

Do you deny any of those traits?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From SkipTown:

Should the same be done for Dick Wagner now that he has died? How about mentioning David Caron's name when "Clones" is played? What about a shout out to Groucho Marx, George Burns and Salvador Dali? There are many people who Alice drank with or was friends with that have died. Should he mention them all?

The fact of the matter is that Alice is a showman whose business is called show business. It's selling a product. It's easier to sell a product when there is already a familiarity to it. People are familiar with Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Morrison, etc. Those names and their songs will help the album succeed. Re-recording School's Out or any original ACB song as a tribute to Glen will not be of interest to the casual fan as most never knew that there was an actual Alice Cooper Group and it may lead to confusion as to why Alice is recording a tribute to himself. As unfortunate and unfair it may be that fans in Peoria in 2014 don't know the name Glen Buxton it's the truth. Glen was a very important part of Alice Cooper history and deserves a boat load of credit for his contributions--BUT--his contributions ended in 1974. Also, his career basically ended after he left Alice Cooper which also led to his name becoming forgotten by the general rock n roll public. Tragic indeed-but it is the truth.

The reason Alice is using the legendary names in his live set is for one reason---to please the audience. You don't hear him doing "Everybody's Talkin" by Nilsson live now do you? Why--because it would destroy the momentum. The songs he chooses are high energy songs meant to keep the crowd up and on it's feet. They are all legendary songs that everyone knows and tht almost any rock n roll audience would love to hear live.

There are some who are taking this "tribute" thing way too seriously. It's not meant to be "a very special Alice Cooper record" where Alice looks back at his past and fondly remembers those who've come in and out of his life with deep reverence. It's a lighthearted look back and a way for Alice to cover some classics----and it's marketing. The real point is to generate interest and sell albums.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 am

Same old gripes from the same old people.... albeit a different username/avatar.

Some people just love to hate.

SkipTown
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by SkipTown » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:36 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Same old gripes from the same old people.... albeit a different username/avatar.

Some people just love to hate.
And some people continue to strive for recognition by following the company line for years. It is really hard to believe that this forum was once a thriving entity - with all types of 'back and forth' going on. Thru this exchange of different views and ideas, this site was valuable for self-education on all things related to Alice Cooper - past and present. Sadly this forum has been claimed by company men who (for their own personal reasons) allow no decent to go unchallenged....thus helping to create a downward slide in forum membership and, therefore, a lack of different views. Just my opinion, but that seems a disservice to Alice and his career, past and present. (But...the few that have remained, must find solace in being told how and what to think.)

Anyhow....I have added some pictures to the Original Glen Buxton website, for the one or two of you that have interest in that.

TAC
Trash
Trash

Post by TAC » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 pm

tuneylune wrote:Thanks for this..love the "Blue Turk" demo
Yeah definitely. A TAC Top 10 Alice tune for sure. Love the smoking guitar solo! :rock: