Other musical artists view of Alice the person

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: Other musical artists view of Alice the person

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:> I stated clearly believe what you want, leave the rest of us out of it,

This is one of the most obvious examples of your hypocrisy. You are a vile individual given that quite recently, you made quite a serious allegation. For the second time in a few days, you have flagrantly broken the rules of this board by expanding the debate away from the subject of the thread towards a banned subject.
My my getting a bit personal aren't you? I didn't start the Palin thread and it was Mr. Barlow who introduced the religious subject (in a very inflammatory way) into this thread - so not me breaking any rules :p
Once again Bob fails to realize that everything that is written on this board is there for everyone to read. As one can see by simply reading the posting by concolz can see that I was NOT the one to introduce religion but the one who responded to a intolerant quote regarding Alice and his faith that was attributed to a fellow musician Wayne/Jayne County.

The Palin thread that you are referring to was rightly removed by the moderators mainly because of the outlandish accusation that you made--that being that Alice Cooper is a member of a "hate group" known as Evangelical Christianity. Anybody who can claim such a thing is clearly has an unstable mind. Also, is the epitome of a intolerant bigot.

Also, all of Bob's intolerance, hatred and religious bigotry can be found in many threads on this board. They are all still there and can all be easily accessed. Bob is a bigot. An intolerant, hate-filled bigot.

I can never understand how someone could be so unaware to make statements than can in an instant be instanly proven to be falsehoods and/or lies.

But then again--anybody with that much resentment and intolerance boiling in his blood must not see things clearly.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 am

Okay this is a one time warning. If the is thread doesn`t get back on subject after this it will also be deleted.

For what it's worth this is PRECISELY why talk about religion is discouraged in the forum rules. Few people seem to be able to discuss Alice's religious (or political) views without personal bias causing a fight due to such strong feelings about the subject. It ALWAYS ends up like this.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 am

>Few people seem to be able to discuss Alice's religious (or political) views without personal bias causing a fight due to such strong feelings about the subject. It ALWAYS ends up like this.

That is absolutely correct and that's the part Toronto Bob doesn't understand.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:10 pm

since this is an Alice-related site, why not accept what Alice also said about this in the past :
I don't talk about religion or politics : the one is too personal, the other one too boring.
:alice:
you really wouldn't understand..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Few people seem to be able to discuss Alice's religious (or political) views without personal bias causing a fight due to such strong feelings about the subject. It ALWAYS ends up like this.

That is absolutely correct and that's the part Toronto Bob doesn't understand.

To be fair Mr Barlow tends to go a bit loopy where God is concerned. I read the Wayne County rant and it was just drivel. All over the place and neither funny nor insightful. He bashes on the usual suspects: Simmons, Nugent etc.

I'm pretty sure those musicians that have met Alice like him. As an artist I have only heard Lou ( no doubt on drugs ) and Bowie bash him. Iggy rarely praises him/them despite the accolades going the other way. I'm pretty sure Morrisey was dismissive too.

For the record i don't believe Alice's religious views add or detract from the music at all. The only mean spirited thing he has done on record was " Disgraceland " which was out of character.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 pm

To be fair Mr Barlow tends to go a bit loopy where God is concerned.

Even if that's true (and I'm not saying it is), at least his references are within the scope of the thread or with reference to Alice's work. He isn't the one that takes the discussion into a forbidden area.

> I read the Wayne County rant and it was just drivel.

I have nothing against him (or her) but I don't understand why anyone would care what he (or she) thinks.

All over the place and neither funny nor insightful. He bashes on the usual suspects: Simmons, Nugent etc.

>Iggy rarely praises him/them despite the accolades going the other way.

That isn't true. Have you not seen the documentary? He is extremely complimentary (about the band) as he was in "Motor City's Burning: From Motown To The Stooges" where he was complimentary about the individual as well.

>I'm pretty sure Morrisey was dismissive too.

I don't think he has said anything in public ever on the subject. There is a private letter that he wrote in 1980 where he praises Alice, though.

>For the record i don't believe Alice's religious views add or detract from the music at all.

Exactly.

>The only mean spirited thing he has done on record was " Disgraceland " which was out of character.

That was more of a satire than anything else - it was hardly an original target that he chose.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Scrolling back through posts-re Morrissey, I read through his autobiography lately-tough job- I read it as it was clear that he has suffered much angst- anyway Alice mentioned once or twice but more in an acknowledgement way but no criticism that I can recall-one reference if I can recall mentioned that there was hysteria from fans at a US Morrissey gig and Morrissey was surprised as he wasn't Alice or the Sex Pistols- dismissiveness seemed to be held for Suzy of the Banshees and Maybe some hint of perhaps disappointment in Bowie-although he admired Mick Ronson=you have to read it if you have a week free
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:15 pm

>anyway Alice mentioned once or twice but more in an acknowledgement way but no criticism that I can recall

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 am

pitkin88 wrote:I'm pretty sure Morrisey was dismissive too.
Why does it matter what Morrisey says about ANYTHING?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:51 am

Si.... Morrisey doesn't matter AT ALL.

To explain what I said before. I Don't say that Alice has to leeave his humour aside, I Love that fom him, but sometimes, it is too much,maybe it's just a personal thing for me, but I think that "find humor" in your work is right and "to ridicule" your work are different things, and sometimes IMH&HO he does the 2nd one

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:27 am

Si wrote:

He is more often than not very entertaining in his interviews and quotes.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 am

>He is more often than not very entertaining in his interviews and quotes.

I completely agree but that doesn't mean that what he says about Alice Cooper or almost any other subject should "matter" which is the point Si was making.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Si wrote:
Heaven knows he's miserable now.

:rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>He is more often than not very entertaining in his interviews and quotes.

I completely agree but that doesn't mean that what he says about Alice Cooper or almost any other subject should "matter" which is the point Si was making.
haha actually I was being sarcastic as I think he's an unimportant overrated waste of space.
But yes you can take it both ways.