Live at wacken

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Live at wacken

Post by Swinger » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Haven't been able to see the Raise the Dead tour live so I am looking forward to at least see it on dvd. :)
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

BleedingGuitar
Trash
Trash

Post by BleedingGuitar » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Stumbled across this bit of info by accident today:

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-n ... ight-9697/

The german title says "Alice Cooper Raise The Dead Tour - World Premiere at the Movie Night"

The rest of the article is in English and reads:
Today we have a world premiere at the Movie Field. At 10.30 PM we will show "Alice Cooper - Raise The Dead Tour". As the name suggest the movie includes footage and live material from "Raise The Dead Tour".
Obviously, they have shown the concert recording that is coming to DVD/BluRay at this year's Wacken festival.

So cut and production is finished ... wondering what is taking so long until at least an official anouncement/listing of the release is happening, not even mentioning the actual availability ...

Personally, I can't wait ...

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Very excited for this new release...does this have a tentative release date yet...this year? next year?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:13 pm

The first twenty minutes were superb. The quality of the production is excellent. I can't wait for the whole thing. :alice:

BleedingGuitar
Trash
Trash

Post by BleedingGuitar » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:23 pm

There was also w 45-Minute-version on Youtube (as shown later on ZDF) but it was unfortunatley removed in the meantime. But also the rest was superb, given it was an unedited live broadcast.

With a little bit of post-processing we could come close to the quality from the Montreuxx recording, which would be amazing for an open air show. I hope they don't it up and mix it to death like on the Theatre of Death Bluray.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:32 pm

GREAT! :rock: :rock: That was a rocking show and I can never have enough AC DVD'S in the collection.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Here is the trailer for the new ALICE COOPER bluray/dvd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3av1KrdMDzY

• Digipack 2 CD + DVD
• BluRay Amaray + 2 CD

DE: October 17th, 2014
UK: October 20th, 2014
US: October 21st, 2014

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:15 am

Now I'm pissed off!

No revolution? Is the my favorite from the covers, it suits his voice so well....

A Complete shame :/

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:41 am

I know i couldnt believe it and Foxy Lady are gone....i wonder why?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:10 am

From AlongCameASpider27:
I know i couldnt believe it and Foxy Lady are gone....i wonder why?

I think because the producers couldn't get clearances to use those songs.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:55 am

So, in the SickthingsUK tradition of jumping on every typo, is House of Flies a new song?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Yep ;)

BleedingGuitar
Trash
Trash

Post by BleedingGuitar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm a bit disappointed by the audio quality of the trailer. It seems again that all instruments have been mixed down on nearly equal levels as on the Theatre of Death Bluray which makes the audio poppy. There is no punch in Glen's Drums anymore like in the raw TV broadcast.

I don't really understand why audio engineers and/or the labels/publishers have no faith in releasing live concerts without whitewashing the audio to suite a broader audience. I understand that it sounds better that way when listening on a standard TV set without dedicated audio equipment, but is that really the audience a live concert release targets?

Generally, the audio seems to have gone through very intensive post-processing, lots of the live atmosphere seems to be lost (and hereby I don't mean the live atmosphere as "hearing the audience cheer" but the sound of the voice and instruments that sound a bit to clean and perfect for a live recording).

Still, I can't wait to get this Bluray in my bloody hands in October ... but as it seems, we will still have to stick with "Live in Montreuxx" for a real great Alice Cooper audio experience in our living rooms. But there's still hope that the actual audio (or at least the audio of some of the audio tracks that will be available to select from) on the BR will be mixed differently.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:29 pm

BleedingGuitar wrote: Still, I can't wait to get this Bluray in my bloody hands in October ... but as it seems, we will still have to stick with "Live in Montreuxx" for a real great Alice Cooper audio experience in our living rooms. But there's still hope that the actual audio (or at least the audio of some of the audio tracks that will be available to select from) on the BR will be mixed differently.
It's interesting that so many people rate Montreaux. For me it always lacked any of the power that was at the shows of the period. It's too bright.

BleedingGuitar
Trash
Trash

Post by BleedingGuitar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Si wrote: It's interesting that so many people rate Montreaux. For me it always lacked any of the power that was at the shows of the period. It's too bright.
For me, it's one of the most audiophile concert DVDs available on the market. The separation of the individual instruments is great and I think I never heard a drumset that was recorded so finely nuanced like Eric's set in this recording. The dynamic range is huge and thus, there is enough punch in the drums and the bass guitar to have a real live feeling in your living room. I prefer the Dolby Digital track on this record, the DTS version is less dynamic.

But I don't say it's perfect ... I'd agree with your complaint that it's a bit too bright. But personally, I can very well live with that, even more because I think this is one of the reasons the audio is that nuanced and dynamic.

Just because I'm curious ... what would be your favorite live recording of AC, from an audio standpoint?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:07 pm

What's the D2C fan package??
I hope this is with vinyl.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm

BleedingGuitar wrote:
Si wrote: Just because I'm curious ... what would be your favorite live recording of AC, from an audio standpoint?
In all honesty I've never really compared them for audio to that degree. On a DVD the quality of the footage is more important to me then the audio, within reason of course.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:14 pm

mestreech wrote:What's the D2C fan package??
I hope this is with vinyl.
Not totally sure, which is why I left it like that. I think its "direct to customer" but not sure.

BleedingGuitar
Trash
Trash

Post by BleedingGuitar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Si wrote: In all honesty I've never really compared them for audio to that degree. On a DVD the quality of the footage is more important to me then the audio, within reason of course.
Well, that answers my question if there is an audience expecting this from live DVDs :) - that's not meant to be rude in any way, I fully understand your preference.

My (egoistic) standpoint is different as I prefer to listen to live music and ideally watch the guys playing it. I'm not that into studio recordings. So for me, audio quality and a good representation of the actual live performance is my main requirement.