Live at wacken

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Live at wacken

Post by Suspiria » Fri May 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Finally ordered and received the blu-ray version of Live At Wacken.

Was waiting for a significant price drop but finally ordered at 18 pounds (it used to cost a whopping 25 pounds) as I was concerned that it would go out-of-print.

Have the day off work, several chilled bottles of Kronenberg in the fridge, blu-ray in hand, surround sound set-up and a 50" HD television to immerse myself in the live AC experience. Am all set to go.

Only problem is, am also waiting for a plumber to arrive to fix the flat's lack of hot water so I can't make a start until he finally turns up - is very frustrating! :(

I have a question, apologies if this has already been answered. How come Revolution and Foxy Lady didn't make it onto the dvd/blu-ray but are present on the cd? You'd think that a possible music rights issue would also prevent the cd's use of the two songs.

Is slightly annoying that you don't get the full concert but will still be a very fun viewing (when I finally get to watch it).
Neil Harrison.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 05, 2017 3:24 pm

From Suspiria:
"You'd think that a possible music rights issue would also prevent the cd's use of the two songs."

That might be because it can be cheaper to get the material licensed if it is only needed for an audio format.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Sat May 06, 2017 12:25 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Suspiria:
"You'd think that a possible music rights issue would also prevent the cd's use of the two songs."

That might be because it can be cheaper to get the material licensed if it is only needed for an audio format.
Interesting, shame the budget couldn't apparently afford the video rights.

I have another question.

At counter reading 1 hr 16 mins 54 secs (during Poison), my blu-ray has a moment where a horizontal line fault briefly appears stretched across the screen. Does this occur on everyone's blu-rays or is it just mine at fault? Any response greatly appreciated.
Neil Harrison.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Sun May 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Suspiria wrote:At counter reading 1 hr 16 mins 54 secs (during Poison), my blu-ray has a moment where a horizontal line fault briefly appears stretched across the screen. Does this occur on everyone's blu-rays or is it just mine at fault?
Found the answer on another forum, somebody kindly helped me out. There is a HD camera glitch which is present on all dvd and blu-ray copies of Live at Wacken (and also on the YouTube Wacken Poison video). It happens when Alice sings "I don't wanna break these chains" just before he says "Raise your hands if you're poison" to the audience. It is not a disc authoring mistake. It's very unfortunate that a faulty camera shot was used but perhaps that was the only coverage of Alice singing.
Neil Harrison.