The worst Coop song of all time..........

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: The worst Coop song of all time..........

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:50 pm

dadascot wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:Some worthy contenders mentioned but I don't think anything can surpass the dreadful Ghouls Gone Wild. It's the kind of "hard rock" song that one could expect to hear on a terrible "tween" show on Disney. That song alone ensures I never listen to W2MN. And sorry it doesn't work as parody either. Poor inexcusable shit.
I always thought ghouls gone wild sounded like a scooby doo song!
That's funny as I always thought that "Zombie Dance" and "Ghouls Gone Wild" would be found on one of those cheapo K-Tel Halloween Kids Party albums sandwiched between "Werewolf Howloween Hoedown" and "O Say Can You See" (The Invisible Man Song).

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:08 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:The Song That Didn't Rhyme
concolz wrote: Spinal Tap Widdly Widdly Guitar Award: 'Prince Of Darkness'
I love these songs!
How are these two songs worse than Hard rock summer? :smack:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:38 pm

evil syd wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:The Song That Didn't Rhyme
concolz wrote: Spinal Tap Widdly Widdly Guitar Award: 'Prince Of Darkness'
I love these songs!
How are these two songs worse than Hard rock summer? :smack:
I've always had a love/hate relationship re:'POD', which is why I 'nominated' it for my tongue-in-cheek 'awards'. It had the potential to be the best song on a poor album - intelligent lyrics, good tune, Alice in fine voice - BUT, after a barnstorming beginning, KR's widdly, widdly guitar histrionics stomp the life out of it, like a buffalo in giant-size Doc Martens. He utterly ruins it. (One of the reasons I dislike 'RYFAY', and 'Constrictor', is because that Spinal Tap guitar is all over them like a nasty rash.)

Is it worse than 'HRS' - an obvious piece of throwaway hair metal crap? Well, no, but it sure is much more disappointing.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:31 am

Prince of Darkness is a ray of light on an otherwise poor album.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:48 pm

I know many love this song, but "I Love America" is my least favorite Alice song. I just think Alice has done way better than this track.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:15 pm

The music may not be great but the lyrics and delivery alone make I Love America a good song.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:54 am

You know, most of the songs mentioned is this thread are songs I kinda like but I know are weak. They are kinda filler, goofy, silly but that's what makes them sorta charming to me. Which is why the worst song for me is instead Deeper. It's just boring and repetative and plodding with no sense of fun. It's the Alice Cooper song that I'm least likely to listen to at any given time.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Someone mentioned Ghouls Gone Wild earlier and although that maybe not the absolute worst song ever it is very representative of the type songs I just hate. I know he's trying to be funny but there is a line that should never be crossed and the line is the one that separates Alice Cooper from Weird Al Yankovic.
One of the reasons I was so disappointed with W2MN was because it contained not one but 2 of these dumbass songs. Disco Bloodbath being the other. That album is so bi-polar, each song is either brilliant or just awful.
I could go on for a while about the ones that I think are dreadful.
But then again I could go on about entire albums that just collect dust. I know many of you think DaDa is brilliant but I use it for a coaster. Might as well have been Pretties for You in my book.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Well I have thought about it and...despite Dyslexia which comes second imo and I'm Hungry which is up there it still has to be No More Love in(sic) your Convenience...Overall career wise the brilliant far outways the bilge though..Damned if you do is terrible imo too but still some good stuff on even Lace and W
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:01 am

I Know Ghouls gone wild is not his worst song but I really HATE that Alice goes from "dark hidden tongue-in-cheek" humour, to some obvious stupidity scooby-doo style. That kind of songs are not funny at the level of cleverness that Cold Ethyl has, That kind of songs are just RIDICULOUS.

In the other hand, Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever is a representative of something you can do to entertain and freak out your fans, An incredible song

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 am

You're a Movie is just incredibly TERRIBLE. I am surprised no one has mentioned What Baby Wants which is an awful song on the fantastic album. Compared to it Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever and Ghouls Gone Wild are excellent songs. Remaining 11 songs on Welcome 2 My Nightmare are all great or at least very good.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am

The son of Don Quijote wrote:You're a Movie is just incredibly TERRIBLE. I am surprised no one has mentioned What Baby Wants which is an awful song on the fantastic album. Compared to it Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever and Ghouls Gone Wild are excellent songs. Remaining 11 songs on Welcome 2 My Nightmare are all great or at least very good.
This is what I love about Alice's career. His music is so diverse that fans can be completely opposite ends of the spectrum. I love 'your a movie'. Out of his 'funny' songs, I never really liked 'disgraceland'. It's not as funny as it thinks it is and I find it very preachy.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:26 pm

I happen to love You're a Movie

Most of ACAS is unlistenable to me. Vengeance is Mine is ok, along with Wake The Dead which is marred by the horrible "run for your life" line which adds nothing to the song.

The worst by a long way is I'm Hungry.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

As has already been said, the Alice Cooper back catalogue is very diverse; plenty of different songs, styles/genres to choose from, and what suits me might not suit you - my 'excellent', your 'crap'. That's why AC, to me, has much more in common with artists like The Beatles, Bowie, Neil Young, Kate Bush etc. than with one dimensional metal acts, because there are so many musical twists and turns.

I like eclectic, quirky and tongue-in-cheek, so the Scooby-Dooisms of 'Ghouls Gone Wild' get the thumbs up, as does the touchingly daft-as-a-brush 'Saga Of Jesse Jane'. I like preachy too, so plenty of 'TLT', 'BP' and 'Dragontown' appeals, whilst I absolutely love the stylish wit of 'ACAS', especially 'I'm Hungry'!! See, there's a song for everybody.

I'll add a couple more 'worsts' to my previous list:- 'I'm Flash' and 'Space Pirates'. I actually bought the album when it came out and instantly hated the bloated, rock-star 'ego' tracks, with AC's contributions amongst the worst. Still, I'm certain some ST will rate them!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:21 pm

This is just too easy. DEEPER
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:This is just too easy. DEEPER
Shoey, stating the obvious. :p
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 pm

concolz wrote:As has already been said, the Alice Cooper back catalogue is very diverse; plenty of different songs, styles/genres to choose from, and what suits me might not suit you - my 'excellent', your 'crap'. That's why AC, to me, has much more in common with artists like The Beatles, Bowie, Neil Young, Kate Bush etc. than with one dimensional metal acts, because there are so many musical twists and turns.

I like eclectic, quirky and tongue-in-cheek, so the Scooby-Dooisms of 'Ghouls Gone Wild' get the thumbs up, as does the touchingly daft-as-a-brush 'Saga Of Jesse Jane'. I like preachy too, so plenty of 'TLT', 'BP' and 'Dragontown' appeals, whilst I absolutely love the stylish wit of 'ACAS', especially 'I'm Hungry'!! See, there's a song for everybody.

I'll add a couple more 'worsts' to my previous list:- 'I'm Flash' and 'Space Pirates'. I actually bought the album when it came out and instantly hated the bloated, rock-star 'ego' tracks, with AC's contributions amongst the worst. Still, I'm certain some ST will rate them!
Lol your right because I love those two songs, particularly 'I'm flash'!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
If anyone recalls the time we did Song Wars years ago, Baz voted for You Gotta Dance and Si had Ubangi Stomp as first exit songs. Now, I don't want to speak for Si, who knows, he may actually be diggin' some Stomp these days.

And we all know how Baz feels about dancing. :/

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:
If anyone recalls the time we did Song Wars years ago, Baz voted for You Gotta Dance and Si had Ubangi Stomp as first exit songs. Now, I don't want to speak for Si, who knows, he may actually be diggin' some Stomp these days.

And we all know how Baz feels about dancing. :/
Never seen Baz dance but I have actually sung karaoke with him. It would be hard to say which is worse.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:14 am

MrD Returns wrote:Never seen Baz dance but I have actually sung karaoke with him. It would be hard to say which is worse.
I'd easily pick those over the toenail and that matte of lily-white sea moss he sent me in the mail.