New Alice fan... what album should I get next?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bw301
Trash
Trash

Re: New Alice fan... what album should I get next?

Post by bw301 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:26 pm

As you start to expand your Alice collection, you'll start noticing different "eras." For example, Brutal Planet and Dragontown share a similar style, a similar production quality and just sound somewhat similar in tone. You could say the same about Love it to Death and Killer. Judging by your "Loved" list, I'd recommend looking for The Last Temptation next as it fits in nicely with Hey Stoopid's sound. From the Inside would be another good choice, but beware, it's part of an "era" you haven't touched yet and it'll stick out on your playlist for awhile.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Interesting that no one has recommended welcome 2 my nightmare! One thing in its favour is that the songs sound like they come from all the different era's! Nobody recommend ACAS, phew!

bw301
Trash
Trash

Post by bw301 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:02 pm

dadascot wrote:Interesting that no one has recommended welcome 2 my nightmare! One thing in its favour is that the songs sound like they come from all the different era's! Nobody recommend ACAS, phew!

Nobody recommended them because he already owns them.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:52 pm

bw301 wrote:
dadascot wrote:Interesting that no one has recommended welcome 2 my nightmare! One thing in its favour is that the songs sound like they come from all the different era's! Nobody recommend ACAS, phew!

Nobody recommended them because he already owns them.
Eh.....good point :blush:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:21 am

I remember loving discovering the Alice back catalogue when I was young. The first album I heard was B$B which my Dad bought at a car boot sale on vinyl, that really piqued my interest. The first album I bought was Hey Stoopid as I had just seen Waynes World. I then got The Beast Of Alice Cooper.

The third album I bought was From The Inside which I really didn't like on first listen as it was so far removed from what I expected of Alice Cooper. It's only when you start filling in the blanks that it all begins to make sense and you can appreciate the albums for what they are. Last Temptation is still probably my favourite of his solo albums, that would be a great purchase.