ALICE Says Covers Album Features A 'Jaw-Dropping' Lineup

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Re: ALICE Says Covers Album Features A 'Jaw-Dropping' Lineup

Post by Lazarus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm

My prediction: "Hey Bulldog" with McCartney on bass and drums, Depp on rhythm and Perry on lead. You heard it here first. :grin:

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 pm

It's kind of apt that Paul McCartney is (probably) 'guesting', because one of his very few, really good, solo records is the 1999 covers album 'Run, Devil, Run'. It's mostly 1950's r'n'r, where Macca lets loose his inner-Little Richard; no fuss, no frills, just raw, stomping rock.

The one thing I really, really hope for, re-Alice's album, is a back-to-basics set of short, sharp songs; the sound of The Yardbirds meets 'You Drive Me Nervous', with the odd bit of quirkiness thrown in. Not 'tasteful' classic rock arrangements, or loads of 'ooh look at me' shredding. Please!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:06 am

concolz wrote:solo records is the 1999 covers album 'Run, Devil, Run'. It's mostly 1950's r'n'r, where Macca lets loose his inner-Little Richard; no fuss, no frills, just raw, stomping rock.
I'm a big McCartney fan, but that's one of the few albums of his I care very little about. Seemed like he'd already done this before with "The Russian Album" so the novelty had worn off and hearing McCartney doing old 50s tunes doesn't exactly thrill me.

As far as new material studio albums, he's been on a pretty good roll since 1989... one good solo album after another... some better than others but great material on all of them. His latest "NEW" is one of the better ones... reached #3 on the charts and the reviews were pretty much universally positive.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am

The one thing I really, really hope for, re-Alice's album, is a back-to-basics set of short, sharp songs; the sound of The Yardbirds meets 'You Drive Me Nervous', with the odd bit of quirkiness thrown in. Not 'tasteful' classic rock arrangements, or loads of 'ooh look at me' shredding. Please![/quote]

O my yes, I couldn't agree more. Now that would be so cool ! :clap:
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:18 pm

For the ones saying that "if this was an intentional leak, Alice should have done it because of the radio show...." etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan, but you're "idealizing" Alice. He has not the power to bring the masses around the world. If he would have "slipped" the McCartney,Depp, Perry thing...It would not hit the news with the power it deed. Let's be fair, Perry's news hit a bigger and largermarket which Alice doesn't have.

Don't get it like me speaking bad of Alice, but it is true. Being from a non European country and obviously not from USA. I Can tell you about the real impact of these kind of news

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:39 am

as long as it sees the light of day eventually,I personally don't care who leaked it. this is a dream collaboration,and if getting McCartney on the new album (or whoever's album it's for) is the hold up,I'll be patient!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Joe Perry was on Howard Stern today and Howard asked him about the session he did with Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Paul McCartney.

He said it was for a Bob Ezrin produced project that they were working on and Paul came down and they did Badfinger's "Come And Get It" which Paul wrote and gave to the band.

He said Paul had never done the song since.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Also, Howard went out of his way to rave about how great Alice is for the second time in the past couple of weeks.

Sounds to me like Howard would really like to have Alice on when he's doing the rounds promoting the covers disc next year.

That would be a huge coupe for Alice if he can get on the show again to promote the disc.

Nobody does a better interview than Howard Stern.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:21 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Joe Perry was on Howard Stern today and Howard asked him about the session he did with Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Paul McCartney.

He said it was for a Bob Ezrin produced project that they were working on and Paul came down and they did Badfinger's "Come And Get It" which Paul wrote and gave to the band.

He said Paul had never done the song since.
I've always liked that song - and Badfinger did actually support ACG at a San Diego gig in February '72 - but I'd never have guessed it would fit the covers album 'theme'. Intriguing. Incidentally, JP's incorrect about PM's supposed non-performance of the song - he first played it live, in Italy, in 2011.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Also, Howard went out of his way to rave about how great Alice is for the second time in the past couple of weeks.

Sounds to me like Howard would really like to have Alice on when he's doing the rounds promoting the covers disc next year.

That would be a huge coupe for Alice if he can get on the show again to promote the disc.

What has he said about Alice in the past few weeks ? I never got the impression he thought very highly of Alice
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:39 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Also, Howard went out of his way to rave about how great Alice is for the second time in the past couple of weeks.

What has he said about Alice in the past few weeks ? I never got the impression he thought very highly of Alice
He's gone out of his way twice in the last few weeks (once when talking to Slash and now talking to Joe Perry" to say how "Alice Cooper doesn't get enough credit", "Alice is great", etc.

This after many years where he didn't go out of his way to say such things if Alice's name came up in conversation (from what I remember). Seemed like he'd had enough of Alice after his 90s appearances perhaps but his tune has definitely changed.

Knowing Stern, this, to me, sounds like he'd really like to have Alice on his show. Perhaps with Alice's drug acknowledgment in "Super Duper Alice Cooper" and now his work with McCartney, Stern feels he has a lot of interesting ground to cover which is generally what motivates him to want to interview somebody.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:42 pm

"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 pm

An interesting titbit, from a recent Tommy Henriksen interview - he's co-produced the covers album (which he calls "phenomenal", featuring "many huge guests"), with Bob Ezrin and Bruce Witkin. Johnny Depp, apparently, is "playing on everything"!

http://themusicroom.me/tommy-henriksen/

The same site has also got recent interviews with Chuck and Nita, plus some reviews of Alice.

http://themusicroom.me/alice-cooper-ban ... n-special/

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:53 pm

I know this album is suppose to come out in 2015 but when do you think Alice will finally drop the track listing, title, release date, cover, etc?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:00 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I know this album is suppose to come out in 2015 but when do you think Alice will finally drop the track listing, title, release date, cover, etc?
Do you own a Ouija board? It may give an answer that's more in line with the release date - etc.! :yawn:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...