ALICE Says Covers Album Features A 'Jaw-Dropping' Lineup

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ALICE Says Covers Album Features A 'Jaw-Dropping' Lineup

Post by mestreech » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 am

If sir paul is on the album and also on a Beatles song it would raise a lot of attention and I think the sales will easy double or triple the latest Alice albums.
Now I just hope for a cd/vinyl and a soon to be release.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:40 am

Paul McCartney would certainly be jaw-dropping. I'm hoping Alice and Bob Ezrin can deliver some interesting interpretations of the songs. What I'm hearing is a lot more interesting than when I first heard Alice was working on a covers album.

I'm really hoping this album won't feature a cover or promotions with Alice in character. This seems like an album that should emphasize him as a rock star and not a gimmick since the focus is his relationships with other rock stars and icons.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 am

>you certainly don't know either.

His assessment was more accurate than yours was.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:29 pm

mestreech wrote:If sir paul is on the album and also on a Beatles song it would raise a lot of attention and I think the sales will easy double or triple the latest Alice albums.
20 years ago this would almost certainly have stimulated album sales. Now that we're in the day and age of iTunes, where you can cherry pick the songs you want, I'm not so sure how much the dial will move. It will help no doubt.

It IS a big win for Alice. Anytime you can say Paul McCartney is playing on one of your albums, that's huge. How many have said that? Alice will definitely get a lot of mileage out of it in interviews, etc. The profile of the album is immediately raised.

I am really happy for Alice. It had to have been an unbelievably amazing moment in the studio. He deserves something like this.

I just pray Macca's higher in the mix than Ozzy on "Hey Stoopid". :laugh:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm

interesting remark brought up : should Alice be in character on this cover cd ore just barely Alice (without makeup etc..)
I think from the point of view of being more recognisable, more identifiable with a known artist, "our" Alice would be better .
(An album with covers by let's say Vincent Furnier, even with Macca on it , wouldn't catch the eye(..) so well..)
you really wouldn't understand..

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:13 am

My father is in the hospital now having jaw reattachment surgery after reading the McCartney news.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:Are we putting the cart before the horse here? I read a longer article than the quote posted & it leaned more towards a McCartney album than a "one off" for Alice. Nice to dream though. Maybe cuts for both projects?
We've already had reports that Johnny Depp and Joe Perry are contributing to the new album, though. The quote didn't lean one way or the other, it just said it was a project that would be announced when the time was right. Plus Paul McCartney has a "New" album out and is on tour for it now.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:32 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>you certainly don't know either.

His assessment was more accurate than yours was.
no it wasn't.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:03 am

Devon wrote:
Daggers & Contracts wrote:Are we putting the cart before the horse here? I read a longer article than the quote posted & it leaned more towards a McCartney album than a "one off" for Alice. Nice to dream though. Maybe cuts for both projects?
We've already had reports that Johnny Depp and Joe Perry are contributing to the new album, though. The quote didn't lean one way or the other, it just said it was a project that would be announced when the time was right. Plus Paul McCartney has a "New" album out and is on tour for it now.
Did you read the News on the Homepage? Take a pill & chill..... :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:31 am

mestreech wrote:If sir paul is on the album and also on a Beatles song it would raise a lot of attention and I think the sales will easy double or triple the latest Alice albums.

Maybe sales of that one song via download might be more than others due to Maccas hard core fan base. I can't see it doubling or tripling the album sales though.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:41 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I'm sure this is more jaw dropping to Alice than the fans.

We can always rely on you for a bit of cynicism.

There is a difference between cynicism and the truth which you obviously don't get. If the whole of Pink Floyd reunited and backed him up on a Floyd cover that might be considered jaw dropping. Maybe you could start a poll here and we can see how many jaws dropped when we heard the news.

Also, as you are so concerned about time wasting, could you please show who you are responding to. It is very wasteful having to re read a thread to see who you are quoting. I believe Mestreech has brought this up before.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 am

pitkin88 wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>I'm sure this is more jaw dropping to Alice than the fans.

We can always rely on you for a bit of cynicism.

There is a difference between cynicism and the truth which you obviously don't get. If the whole of Pink Floyd reunited and backed him up on a Floyd cover that might be considered jaw dropping. Maybe you could start a poll here and we can see how many jaws dropped when we heard the news.

Also, as you are so concerned about time wasting, could you please show who you are responding to. It is very wasteful having to re read a thread to see who you are quoting. I believe Mestreech has brought this up before.

The Floyd thing is interesting, I heard somewhere the Floyd and Alice used to be really good chums so one never knows.

For me, I'd love to hear Rush backing Alice on a new cover of 7 and 7 Is and have Flo & Eddie do What Kind of Girl Do You Think We Are

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:11 am

>no it wasn't.

Unfortunately for you, it was. You don't want it to be, but he guessed correctly.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:16 am

>There is a difference between cynicism and the truth which you obviously don't get.

The "truth" is that a lot "fans" have been impressed by this information. You said that is not the case.

>If the whole of Pink Floyd reunited and backed him up on a Floyd cover that might be considered jaw dropping. Maybe you could start a poll here and we can see how many jaws dropped when we heard the news.

It isn't scientific but just look at some of the posts here, on Facebook and also how the information has been picked up by other media outlets. Obviously, "jaw dropping" isn't meant to be taken literally, but you can't deny it has caused a lot of comment and that people are interested. If the story was about Will Sergeant, I don't think anyone would care. Also, as I already pointed out, you don't know who the other intended contributors are.

>Also, as you are so concerned about time wasting, could you please show who you are responding to.

Since you have problems remembering who said what, literally just a few posts previously, I'll do that.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:Did you read the News on the Homepage? Take a pill & chill..... :8):
Yes I did. Did you? Tell us where it suggests it's for a McCartney project or "leans" toward it then? Simply because Joe Perry was bragging about working with Paul McCartney?

On the other hand, I backed up what I said at least and I have no problem going even further for you. Robby Krieger of "The Doors" has stated he is part of this project and that Johnny Deep is involved. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ore-678646

Orianthi confirmed that roughly a month ago that she and Joe Perry have just contributed to Alice's new album (and it sounded like this happened fairly recently.) http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/F ... anthi.aspx

By the way, you might think twice before telling a moderator of this forum to "Take a pill & chill" especially when there was no hostility in my post toward you.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 pm

While we're naming names, let's not forget Micky Dolenz. While I don't believe it's been confirmed, how could he not be on the album?

His photo at The Whiskey with Alice a week or two ago in front of the "Hollywood Vampires" plaque doesn't exactly hurt the assumption, either.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:33 pm

In Chile, the radio stations do not give a crap about Alice Cooper (sad but true) Now that this rumour of McCartney being on it, Alice is back on the news, the radios talking 'bout him, playing his music... So if the rumours got far enough to a place that doesn't care about him, I'd consider it jaw dropping :teach:

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Wonder if Elton John is involved in some way?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Devon wrote:
By the way, you might think twice before telling a moderator of this forum to "Take a pill & chill" especially when there was no hostility in my post toward you.
My bad. I apologize. However, neither of the articles you posted are the one I read. Now, the writer may have taken the quote and "ran" with it but it does lean toward a McCartney project.
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=879107
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:48 am

From an album that was much maligned by a lot of fans this could turn out to be a HUGE album in Alice's career.

This could be a work of Shep's marketing genius. It touches all demographics and can appeal to a broad range of people. Also, it's selling songs that are already well known--an established and successful commodity.

Think about it--you have a member of THE BEATLES performing on a Beatles song. That alone is good for a nice chunk of sales --even if it is for the single song. You then have one of the most successful actors in the history of Hollywood with an enormous fervent fan base that includes people of all ages--but most importantly young girls and women (some of whom would never buy an Alice Cooper record or song). You have members of Aerosmith which brings in somemore of the older hard rock audience. Then a member of The Monkees--whio also have a fervent cult fan base. And who knows who else is still to be announced.

This to me is a perfect album for the digital download era. Each song can stand alone. Each song can be uniquely marketed to fans of each individual artist who appears on each song. This can be done through Facebook, Twitter, etc. Just think of every member of Johhny Depp groups on Facebook getting something in their newsfeed about their dear Johnny having a new record out with Alice Cooper. If just 20% of them bought an individual download of the song the numbers would be incredible! Ohh...lets not forget the fan groups of a little band called The Beatles. It's niche marketing at it's best!

And there are those that doubt the genius of Shep Gordon!