ALICE Says Covers Album Features A 'Jaw-Dropping' Lineup

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Re: ALICE Says Covers Album Features A 'Jaw-Dropping' Lineup

Post by I'm Pain » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:Whole context please. I Was talking about guest singers and specifically that T-rex song I Got the name wrong xD

Sorry for that, my hideous mistake!

Knew exactly what you were saying - and the song.. I'm assuming you're right.. Sounds logical.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:04 am

Just stumbled across a Joe Perry interview that The Chicago Sun-Times ran yesterday. There's an intriguing snippet about Alice:-

"I did a recording session with Paul McCartney a month and a half ago for a private thing.....I was in the studio with Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp, and the three of us are looking at each other like, we're sitting here with Paul McCartney.....It's a project we're keeping under wraps for now. There will be an announcement when the time is right."

Well, you don't have to be Maurice Escargot to figure out that Macca's going to be one of the cover album's guests. (Wonder if Ringo, a 'proper' Hollywood Vampire, will also be guesting - I'd presume on 'Revolution'?) It's not exactly 'jaw dropping', like it might have been decades ago, yet the 'high-profile' guests, plus an interesting 'back story' - aligned with some hefty promotion - will probably, ironically, generate more sales than an original album!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 am

>It's not exactly 'jaw dropping',

It is a shame that you're not impressed by that and besides, you don't know the other names that were originally intended to appear on the recordings.

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 am

>It's not exactly 'jaw dropping',

Admittedly McCartney has been spreading himself about more in the last few years ( Sound City doc etc ) , but managing to get McCartney for an Alice album is about as jaw-dropping as it gets ....

I certainly haven't shared the negative vibes about the covers album that I've read on here , and was always optimistic that Alice /Ezrin would not waste this opportunity ....

Without hearing a note of this project , I sense that this album will get the "success " that W2MN deserved .

Alice must be thrilled at getting one of the Beatles on one of his records - I know I am !!

Really quite a coup for the Coop !!

I can now close my jaw !

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Wondered whether some names who had originally been intended to play on the album had subsequently dropped off as such?. Personally I would like to buy this covers album if it appears in a physical format(CD) sometime soon-this year?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 pm

concolz wrote:>It's not exactly 'jaw dropping'
Really? McCartney is as big as it gets. He's bona fide rock royalty of the highest pedigree.

It's a shame Joe Perry couldn't keep his mouth shut, though, as I'm sure the powers that be would have rather unveiled this news on their own timetable to get maximum impact.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:50 pm

You can't control celebs ;)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:53 pm

On another note, this sounds like a classic example of an originally modest project gathering momentum and ending up as something far grander. This can only be a good thing and my expectations are suitably raised!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:17 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
concolz wrote:>It's not exactly 'jaw dropping'
Really? McCartney is as big as it gets. He's bona fide rock royalty of the highest pedigree.

It's a shame Joe Perry couldn't keep his mouth shut, though, as I'm sure the powers that be would have rather unveiled this news on their own timetable to get maximum impact.

I'm sure this is more jaw dropping to Alice than the fans. It is a big coup in a way as I remember Ozzy really wanting Paul to play on his album and that not happening. Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan and is in awe of Paul. When they met on Howard Stern Ozzy was like a little kid meeting his hero.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:09 pm

To me this is the ultimate validation of Alice as a respected artist/musician/entertainer.

Paul McCartney is one of the greatest songwriters in the history of music and with John Lennon one the most important composers of the 20th century. Paul McCartney is up there with greats like George Gershwin, Cole Porter, Ellington and the like. His influence on contemporary songwriters is immeasurable. Paul McCartney helped create the modern world of music as we know it. If it were not for McCartney (and Lennon) nearly every single band that formed after The Beatles would have never existed--who knows--rock n roll may have even ceased to exist. The Beatles not only changed music--they changed the world.

For Paul McCartney to play on an album by Alice Cooper shows you the amount of respect Paul must have for Alice the person and Alice the artist.

If this is actually true and the album comes out with Paul McCartney playing on it it should forever silence those who question Alice as a true artist and songwriter. This is the ultimate validation. I'm sure Alice is very proud and thrilled to work with one of his idols.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:31 pm

That's great for Alice. If McCartney is on that new album, sales will go through the roof. Good move.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

If Fab Macca is on said album, then it would seem sensible to make sure at least there is a physical CD release of the whole shebang for more mature punters like me (yes I do have a background in marketing lol)...its good news..I was beginning to fear a drip feed of tracks like used to be done with old live tracks...
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 pm

I pass no blame to Joe Perry. Sometimes these kinds of leaks are good things.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

>I'm sure this is more jaw dropping to Alice than the fans.

We can always rely on you for a bit of cynicism.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

>If McCartney is on that new album, sales will go through the roof.

I admire your optimism but it is unlikely.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

You do realize that's a purposeful leak right? No details just taste of something that begs for more details. It's called hype.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: You do realize that's a purposeful leak right? No details just taste of something that begs for more details. It's called hype.
Who knows. You certainly don't.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Are we putting the cart before the horse here? I read a longer article than the quote posted & it leaned more towards a McCartney album than a "one off" for Alice. Nice to dream though. Maybe cuts for both projects?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: You do realize that's a purposeful leak right? No details just taste of something that begs for more details. It's called hype.
Who knows. You certainly don't.
You're right, I don't, I should have worded it differently. On the other hand you wrote in a way that that made you certain that Perry made an oopsie and that other would have liked to kept this info on the down-lo and you certainly don't know either.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 am

Paul McCartney is INDEED JAW DROPPING.

I Mean, I Don't know where my jaw is right now! xD

NOW I'm really expecting and hoping and cryout for this to be true!

My girlfriend is not into Alice's music but now that she heard from Paul's possibility to be on the album (well, I Told all of you months ago that there was a possibility of this, but neither I believed my brain at that time) she really wants to hear this album