Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Out of nowhere I heard Alice...

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:52 pm

I'm Pain wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:
I'm Pain wrote:Hearing "Big Apple Dreaming" sampled into a Beastie Boys song (What Goes Around Comes Around) back in college was an unexpected surprise - being a fan of both artists..
The song sampled is 'It's Hot Tonight' is it not?
Yes it is. Been awhile since I've pulled out Paul's Boutique.. It's Hot Tonight is the song.. Sorry about that.
Good call anyhow. I remember hearing that album at a friend's house, with people trying to guess some of the samples. And there was Alice.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 am

I heard "Hello Hooray" in X-Men: Days of Future Past last weekend, that suprised me. Took me a while to recognize it as well since it was pretty much just background noise in the scene.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Have another story...in summer 1978 was visiting Mom/Stepfather who was a Willie Nelson/Waylon Jennings man and after constantly hearing "Tear that GD thing down!", my brother and I decided to go outside to give his highness some space. As we stepped out into the hallway, a guy in the apartment across was playing BILLION DOLLAR BABIES loud enough to appreciate it. "Unfinished Sweet" was going by the time we got out there and he very nicely turned the record over for side 2. Was hoping for more AC, but he put on something else instead.
Certainly brought some cheer to us!
"I need everything the world owes me..."

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I knew Trash was a success when I was going to a newspaper store downtown (around 1990) and when I walked outside on a nice sunny day a car was driving by blasting loud music. This often happens but lo and behold it was a Trash CD. It wasn't one of the radio songs like Poison but a deeper cut like Spark in the Dark or Hell is Living Without Your Love.