Out of nowhere I heard Alice...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Out of nowhere I heard Alice...

Post by darkmenace » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Maybe this'll be a fun topic or not but when have you heard Alice pretty much out of nowhere in an unexpected place?

Just now watching Cleveland Indians vs Colorado Rockies baseball game and heard a familiar song playing at the stadium when there was a break in the action. It was "No More Mr. Nice Guy." I don't hear much Alice at sporting events.

On a related note went to a Detroit Tigers game last year in Detroit and after the Tigers won they played Detroit Rock City. My impression was they played that song after every Tigers win which is pretty cool for an obscure song.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Out of nowhere I heard Alice...

Post by scotty » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:49 pm

on our work radio that normally plays boring stuff I heard "welcome to my nightmare" on Halloween eve!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:33 am

I just heard him (Poison) on the advert for the new Eddie Stobart album 'Truckin All Over The World'.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Years ago (no pun intended), heard "No More Mr. Nice Guy" while grocery shopping. Definitely improved the experience!
"I need everything the world owes me..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Welcome To My Nightmare (the vinyl album) makes a very brief appearance in the film Before Sunrise (the guy flicks past it in a record store). It was meant to be as one of my favourite films!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I had lunch with Karen and Steve Hunter in May 2012.

We went to a place called Fleet Street Pub in downtown Nashville. Its menu is full of British food (although Karen said the hamburger I had was probably a lot better than it would have been had I gotten it in London ;-)).

Here's the thing: we walked in, and Steve went to the restroom, which was just inside the door. While Karen and I were waiting to be seated, it dawned on me that the music playing over the pub sound system was....

Are you ready for this?

Alice Cooper's "Welcome To My Nightmare."

Cue "Twilight Zone" music! I have never heard Alice music played in a restaurant before, and it was freaky that they were not only playing Alice, but they were playing a song that Steve Hunter played on---and I had just walked in with Steve Hunter! That turned out to be the only Alice song they played.

I pointed the song out to Karen, and her eyes got really big, and she said, "That's weird!" And I kid you not, I got goosebumps as I was standing there. When Steve came out, we told him to listen to the music, and he was surprised, too (but didn't seem as weirded out by it as Karen and I were).

It was a moment of pure awesomeness.

Hunter

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:59 am

Cool story, what a random place to hear WTMN!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:01 am

>Maybe this'll be a fun topic or not but when have you heard Alice pretty much out of nowhere in an unexpected place?

There was that scene in a film with Robin Williams in it (I've forgotten the name of it) where you hear "Long Way To Go" on the radio.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:06 am

The first time I saw the film 'god bless America' I was not aware it was gonna have a good few Alice songs and also a brilliant rant about Alice in it. My friends say they have heard a similar rant off me many times when I've been drunk!!!!!
Boomshanka

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Maybe this'll be a fun topic or not but when have you heard Alice pretty much out of nowhere in an unexpected place?

There was that scene in a film with Robin Williams in it (I've forgotten the name of it) where you hear "Long Way To Go" on the radio.
The World According To Garp. That takes me back, remember watching that on video, early eighties I think, and being amazed when that popped up.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:52 am

Recently watched californacation and the daughter sings at her mothers wedding! She has just had her first period and the song she sings is......."only woman bleed" the director or editor is obviously a fan as there is a smattering of songs throughout the episodes.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 am

On a lightly different note, in the early nineties the girl I was seeing at the time was working in an Edinburgh sports shop when she heard a voice she recognised, turned round and there was Alice! She never got a pic or autograph #dumped#

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Was standing in a lift with a mate, and I swear the lift music suddenly morphed into the beginning of 'Steven'. We both stopped talking and stared at each other open mouthed........spooky :ghostface:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 am

Watching NHL playoff hockey a few weeks ago, Hello Hooray was the intro song.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:50 am

dadascot wrote:Recently watched californacation and the daughter sings at her mothers wedding! She has just had her first period and the song she sings is......."only woman bleed" the director or editor is obviously a fan as there is a smattering of songs throughout the episodes.
and Zevon references. gotta love that series!
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:10 pm

i was travelling down to St Anne's again this week, Alice on the car music system, had a nice cruise down and got into the hotel's underground carpark to the sounds of Goes To Hell. when i get back from work, i go down to the car to get my bag out the boot, and another car drives in, windows up, but i can hear music and i'm thinking, "i know that song!" - it's Wake Me Gently!

Dunno what the odds are, that not only was he listening to the same artist, but the very same album out of a catalogue of over 20 studio discs!
KW
/X\oo/X\

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:12 am

Hearing "Big Apple Dreaming" sampled into a Beastie Boys song (What Goes Around Comes Around) back in college was an unexpected surprise - being a fan of both artists..

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 am

I'm Pain wrote:Hearing "Big Apple Dreaming" sampled into a Beastie Boys song (What Goes Around Comes Around) back in college was an unexpected surprise - being a fan of both artists..
The song sampled is 'It's Hot Tonight' is it not?

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 am

VinceRaven wrote:
I'm Pain wrote:Hearing "Big Apple Dreaming" sampled into a Beastie Boys song (What Goes Around Comes Around) back in college was an unexpected surprise - being a fan of both artists..
The song sampled is 'It's Hot Tonight' is it not?
Yes it is. Been awhile since I've pulled out Paul's Boutique.. It's Hot Tonight is the song.. Sorry about that.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:58 am

there's a cover version of I'm Eighteen in Sons of Anarchy i came across again on Saturday too.
KW
/X\oo/X\