Any chance of a collaboration with Tobias Sammet?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Any chance of a collaboration with Tobias Sammet?

Post by sumorider » Fri May 23, 2014 4:43 pm

As always, I'm sorry for my poor English.

I've found interesting article (link below)

>I knew that for example for the song "Death is just a feeling" I had alredy the creature
>who will interpret the song on my mind! It was a creature who looks like a mixture of Charlie
>and the Chocolate Factory and Alice Cooper, like a mixture between Alice Cooper and Johnny Deep .

>And with Jon Oliva, the song needed a dramatic and tragic voice, I needed an Alice "cooperish" voice!
>But this song was the reincarnation of Alice Coopers' death, so I couldn’t take Alice again!
>I seriously had considered to make Alice sing again but then I thought that it’s not right
>because it was a new character !

Listening to "Toy Master" and "Death is just a feeling", it is clear that Tobias Sammet is
perfect songwriter for Alice.
Any chance of a collaboration (like Chris Cornell in Last Temptation) in new album?

http://www.auxportesdumetal.com/intervi ... 10-uk.html

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Any chance of a collaboration with Tobias Sammet?

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat May 24, 2014 11:56 am

I enjoyed Alice's contribution on the Toy Master track. I think Alice is moving away from that european metal type sound though.

Additionaly, Arjen Lucassen and expressed an interest in working with Alice. His Ayreon albums have some interested ideas.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Any chance of a collaboration with Tobias Sammet?

Post by Dragonlady » Mon May 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Well it would be really cool to see the collaboration going the other way this time.

The Toy Master remains one of my absolute favourites, as you point out the lyrics were tailor made for Alice I loved the concept