Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

DecibelGeek
Trash
Trash

Chuck Garric Questions?

Post by DecibelGeek » Fri May 23, 2014 3:49 am

Hey guys,

We're going to be sitting down with Chuck this weekend for an interview and wanted to see if you guys had anything in particular you'd like answers on. Let me know and I'll try to ask him about it!

Chris
Decibel Geek Podcast

DecibelGeek
Trash
Trash

Re: Chuck Garric Questions?

Post by DecibelGeek » Fri May 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Wow, kinda surprised no one has any questions lol. Anyone? :p

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Without appearing a bit of a thickie. What does Chuck base his longevity with Alice on? Seeing as he has outlasted other guitarists.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sat May 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Kevinuk81, I think that's a question lot's of us would ask, hope to see the answer.

Another question would be, does he intend on going any further with Beasto Blanco?

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat May 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Is the band going to replace Orianthi or go back to two guitars ?

What is his involvement with the cover album ? What are the misguided reasons (IMO) for the year delay of that album when we had been hearing that it was pretty much in the can ? Not that I expect a absolute answer but I would like his spin on it since he is a long time member of the band.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat May 24, 2014 4:25 pm

What does his role as Alice's musical director entail?

What role does he play with the Nights of Alice Cooper radio show?

How much influence on the setlist does he have?

Will there be any Beasto Blanco dates in the US?

Will there be a second Beasto Blanco album?

Will the Steelers win the Super Bowl?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun May 25, 2014 10:24 am

In case Deciblegeek doesn`t get to ask a couple of these:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote: What role does he play with the Nights of Alice Cooper radio show?
Chuck has a portable studio with him on the road and records Alice's links for the show when they are on tour. This is done in all sorts of places like hotel rooms or on the bus. In fact in the past there have been shows where you can hear they are on the bus as other band members/crew speak or chat with Alice doing the show.
RemarkablyInsincere wrote: How much influence on the setlist does he have?
Very little. Alice is ALWAYS open to suggestions of course, and on occasion those suggestions might get included, but in the end the decision is down to Alice, Shep and Bob alone. I do recall there was one specific song they wanted to do a few years back which was eventually included but for the life of me I can`t remember which one.
The band (including Chuck) don't always agree with those choices but at the end of the day their job is to play what Alice decides should be in the set.
For example there was a song recently that the band worked hard on and rehearsed in the hope of getting it in the set but in the end the decision was not to include it. They all wanted to do it but the answer was "no, it doesn`t work in this show".

Another example was 'Generation Landslide' which Damon really wanted to play, but whenever the band tried it in rehearsals it was decided it just didn`t work in the context of the then current show. In the end Damon record a version for his solo album (with Alice singing it).

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun May 25, 2014 12:20 pm

What are his favorite songs to play live?

Are there any particular songs that he would like to play live but that's never made the setlist?

How does he manage to be so cool?
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Just heard the interview. Very cool!
I love it when interviewers ask intelligent questions :grin:

Funny I how I was just day dreaming about this on my blog the other day... to have one special show only for us die-hards, with no "crowd-pleasers" just obscure stuff. What a dream!

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:00 pm

http://www.dbgeekshow.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... large.html

Amongst other things, Chuck discusses his role as Alice's 'musical director', the pros and cons of placing obscure songs in the set, plus rehearsing 'I Love America'!

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:07 am

Interesting interview! Some fascinating song mentions - they were rehearsing I Love America when he joined the band!

Also, Chuck mentioning that they've rehearsed songs like Luney Tune and My Stars is enough to excite plenty of people. And credit to his personal taste for saying that he's love to do Unfinished Sweet and/or Grim Facts.

Love the idea of a gig consisting entirely of the more obscure stuff, although the fan arguments over the material that was or wasn't included would run for years. The only solution is for Alice to do what Sparks did over a month in 2008 when they performed every one of their 21 albums on separate nights (http://www.nme.com/news/sparks/32817). If I ever win Euromillions I'll pay for that to happen, and you can all come for free.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:55 pm

VinceRaven wrote: Love the idea of a gig consisting entirely of the more obscure stuff, although the fan arguments over the material that was or wasn't included would run for years.
Ha, ha! At least the forum would keep going!

Oh dear! 21 shows in a row? Doable if it's the same venue and sleeping under a bridge :P

DecibelGeek
Trash
Trash

Post by DecibelGeek » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed it!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:41 am

A good interview, he comes across as being a nice guy. It's a pity they didn't record some of those rehearsals with the rare material it might be a bit more interesting than the covers album.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Great interview.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."