Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Super Duper Deluxe 4-Disc Version - US

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 21, 2014 2:14 pm

FYI..

The 4-disc version of the Super Duper Alice Cooper which includes Montreal '72 and Montreux '09 is available at the low price of $48.87 at the following site:

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/super-dup ... 1213348695

Shipping was only $1.50 for me.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Super Duper Deluxe 4-Disc Version - US

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed May 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Nice, thanks!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed May 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Some pictures that surfaced on bookFace the other day made the packaging appear massive. Can you confirm this is the case?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Is it region free? Might be cheaper getting it from the US if it is.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 21, 2014 8:37 pm

>Some pictures that surfaced on bookFace the other day made the packaging appear massive. Can you confirm this is the case?

It is twelve inches by twelve inches, approximately.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 21, 2014 8:39 pm

>Is it region free? Might be cheaper getting it from the US if it is.

It is genuinely good to see you considering this, despite your earlier comment.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Some pictures that surfaced on bookFace the other day made the packaging appear massive. Can you confirm this is the case?

It is twelve inches by twelve inches, approximately.
Thanks, that does indeed seem quite big.

Probably quite small compared to the premium bundle though.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Is it region free? Might be cheaper getting it from the US if it is.

I am not sure I understand this comment. For the record I have helped certain members here save quite a bit of cash on Alice Cooper product by mailing the items to them. I also still buy physical Alice Cooper product ( The Hoffman cds )though do have copies of certain items that people have sent me.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu May 22, 2014 2:47 am

That's a realistic price much better than the $73+tax price on Amazon Canada

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 am

pitkin88 wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>Is it region free? Might be cheaper getting it from the US if it is.

I am not sure I understand this comment.
it's just ANOTHER of his usual troll comments. serves no purpose to the thread other than to make a sarky comment in the hopes of getting a rise ~ too many threads have fallen to flame wars due to this, please consider just filtering or ignoring, this site is getting more and more like a kindergarten due to this kind of antic.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Thu May 22, 2014 8:10 am

UK Amazon's price has been up and down like a yo-yo; first at £30 then up to £38, next down to £33 now back up to £38. I'm going to see whether HMV in Leeds or Sheffield have it in next week, as they seem to be lowering their prices lately whilst Amazon's are increasing.
killer wolf wrote: ...too many threads have fallen to flame wars... this site is getting more and more like a kindergarten...
Totally agree. It's just like being back at school, with certain folk trying to dominate the musical playground through constant vituperative comments. Posts feel like submitting essays for teacher to mark, only for them to be returned with the inevitable red pen of disdain.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 am

I know what you mean , and who you mean , and I could not agree more. ::((:
It must be true A_Michael said so

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu May 22, 2014 10:57 am

>it's just ANOTHER of his usual troll comments. serves no purpose to the thread other than to make a sarky comment in the hopes of getting a rise ~

No, actually, I'll tell you what this is, since you have stuck your nose into a situation you are unaware of and are not involved in. Over on Facebook, pitkin88 posting under his real name (and not the fake name he originally joined this site under), wrote:
"I think I will watch a pirate copy of this. I am not going to give them any money." In other words, if he is now tempted to buy this item after all, I just think that's to his credit and was praising him for that.

>please consider just filtering or ignoring, this site is getting more and more like a kindergarten due to this kind of antic.

Why don't you do that then and stop moaning?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 am

>Probably quite small compared to the premium bundle though.

I am not sure what the size has to do with it - that includes a poster, a t - shirt, a frisbee and underwear as well.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu May 22, 2014 11:02 am

>Posts feel like submitting essays for teacher to mark, only for them to be returned with the inevitable red pen of disdain.

No, I disagree. I think if certain people around here posted in good faith and without an agenda, then replies would be in that style as well.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Thu May 22, 2014 12:24 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:FYI..

The 4-disc version of the Super Duper Alice Cooper which includes Montreal '72 and Montreux '09 is available at the low price of $48.87 at the following site:

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/super-dup ... 1213348695

Shipping was only $1.50 for me.
Thanks for the info...was going to purchase this anyway, but the extra DVD and CD really have me psyched now.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Thu May 22, 2014 2:19 pm

My review of Super Duper Alice Cooper Deluxe Edition

I bought this edition the first day it was released in Finland (May 16 to be exact). It was a such nice idea to put all four discs inside of a big hard cover book which by the way looks much more elegant than some cheap cardboard box.

There are lots of large stunning and gorgeous pictures inside the book from Alice's childhood through high school years, from early bands Earwigs and Spiders to finally the legendary and controversial trendsetters Alice Cooper group and some shots from Alice's solo career too. It was nice to see some drawings made by Alice and the picture of Alice with his wife Sheryl and baby Calico was very delightful.

The documentary itself was much more a cinematic and emotional experience than music documentaries usually are. It grabbed me right from the beginning and it took me over 20 minutes to realize that I was really watching a music documentary not some brilliant visually striking drama. There are tons of cool archival bits and the choice to use Alice and company as narrators of the documentary was spot on and I think a theme of friendship between Alice and Dennis added more depth to the documentary. Even though this doc focuses more on portraying Alice as a person the music isn't forgotten at all. It is in fact almost constantly playing behind the narration and songs are carefully chosen to enhance topics.

Animation was visually impressive but I think during first 30 minutes it was occasionally overdone. Animated images changed too fast sometimes or were slightly too psychedelic but the pacing of the story itself was very well done. It flowed from the beginning to the end and never got boring. Highlights of the film for me were meeting with Dali, a funny story about recording Pretties For You and tragic events after the divorce and the cocaine addiction when Alice locks himself inside a dark house with a rock and a gun. What a great movie experience!

A Montreux 2009 live CD was a very nice addition especially considering I was forced to miss Psychodrama Tour because problems in a school. I really had some sort of crisis and I had to concentrate on my studies. It is an excellent CD with a good selection of songs Halo Of Flies, Steven, Dead Babies, all setlist staples and a great version of Ballad of Dwight Fry with a much longer ending. Alice's vocals are very good but not quite phenomenal.

I have watched Montreal 1972 show four times already. The performances are great and sometimes jaw dropping. Alice sounds much more psychopathic than nowadays. It is very noticeable that parts of some songs are missing and some songs are not here at all. But that is in the end a minor distraction in a flow. The energy is really up there. These guys may not have been as good technically as later players in the Alice camp but they really had a unique vibe and a feeling. The stage is not as theatrical as on later concerts but there is more spontaneity and less choreography and that hanging scene is just plain evil.

The top performance from a hungry band for sure.

10/10 for this deluxe edition.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu May 22, 2014 2:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Posts feel like submitting essays for teacher to mark, only for them to be returned with the inevitable red pen of disdain.

No, I disagree. I think if certain people around here posted in good faith and without an agenda, then replies would be in that style as well.
No, you want room 12A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:My review of Super Duper Alice Cooper Deluxe Edition...

...I have watched Montreal 1972 show four times already. The performances are great and sometimes jaw dropping. Alice sounds much more psychopathic than nowadays. It is very noticeable that parts of some songs are missing and some songs are not here at all. But that is in the end a minor distraction in a flow. The energy is really up there. These guys may not have been as good technically as later players in the Alice camp but they really had a unique vibe and a feeling. The stage is not as theatrical as on later concerts but there is more spontaneity and less choreography and that hanging scene is just plain evil.

The top performance from a hungry band for sure.

10/10 for this deluxe edition.
Thanks for the review. Would you be able to provide some details regarding the Montreal show. The exclusion of HoF was previously known but how much content from the other songs have been edited out? Did they drop the "My Very Own" section from IIMB? Has the Long Way to Go/School's Out Jam been pared down?

A typical show from that time typically ran about 70 minutes. Minus HoF (10-11 min) that leaves about 59-60 minutes. What is the running time of the Montreal disc?

Thanks for any help.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu May 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>Posts feel like submitting essays for teacher to mark, only for them to be returned with the inevitable red pen of disdain.

No, you want room 12A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: