Super Duper Deluxe 4-Disc Version - US

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Super Duper Deluxe 4-Disc Version - US

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu May 22, 2014 8:30 pm

So what exactly did you try to include in the Old School Box set but was too expensive? Because I reread the posts from the previous thread and clearly we are talking about the Montreal '72 concert footage.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:So what exactly did you try to include in the Old School Box set but was too expensive? Because I reread the posts from the previous thread and clearly we are talking about the Montreal '72 concert footage.
Yes but this is the Super Duper thread blah blah blah.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 am

First of all, and this is the biggest one, which was addressed before, what is the Region? That's why it might be cheaper.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Fri May 23, 2014 7:32 am

Swinger it is a short version of Steven. Only two minutes.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 23, 2014 8:31 am

>So what exactly did you try to include in the Old School Box set but was too expensive?

I don't remember the specific scenes or clips but more than we ended up using. You have to remember that "Old School" did not have an unlimited or large budget.

>Because I reread the posts from the previous thread and clearly we are talking about the Montreal '72 concert footage.

This is a different one, though and has nothing to do with "the previous thread".

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 23, 2014 8:31 am

>Yes but this is the Super Duper thread blah blah blah.

Exactly. It is nice of you to help him with this.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri May 23, 2014 2:01 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>So what exactly did you try to include in the Old School Box set but was too expensive?

I don't remember the specific scenes or clips but more than we ended up using. You have to remember that "Old School" did not have an unlimited or large budget.

>Because I reread the posts from the previous thread and clearly we are talking about the Montreal '72 concert footage.

This is a different one, though and has nothing to do with "the previous thread".
You do realize that doesn't make sense, right?

Anyway, it's a shame who ever had the last word on the Old School Project decided not to buy this footage and other footage that is readily available for a price. Less money spent on packaging and more money for acquiring archival material would have been a better service to long time fans.

If you needed a list of things to acquire, you just needed to ask, I would have helped.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 23, 2014 2:24 pm

>You do realize that doesn't make sense, right?

In what way?

>Anyway, it's a shame who ever had the last word on the Old School Project decided not to buy this footage and other footage that is readily available for a price.

I agree but again you don't seem to understand the issue. When you run out of money, everything is by definition, expensive.

>Less money spent on packaging and more money for acquiring archival material would have been a better service to long time fans.

You would have to put that to the executive producers, I'm afraid.

>If you needed a list of things to acquire, you just needed to ask, I would have helped.

Universal Music and Bigger Picture Group had "a list already" but thanks. You could have offered any assistance at any time during the process (like a lot of people did which is why they are in the credits).

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Perhaps you could let TB know if there is another project coming up that he could work on. He has a lot of good ideas.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Not to go to far of track I did find some of the inclusions to be very poor ( shaky radio spots ) and some stuff listenable only once or twice ( School's Out w kids backing ).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 24, 2014 9:37 am

>Perhaps you could let TB know if there is another project coming up that he could work on. He has a lot of good ideas.

I would like to hear what they are. I get unsolicited suggestions all the time, although nothing that has not already been thought of.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 24, 2014 9:43 am

>Not to go to far of track I did find some of the inclusions to be very poor ( shaky radio spots ) and some stuff listenable only once or twice ( School's Out w kids backing ).

I don't completely disagree, but again the executive producers had the final say on that sort of thing. If it had been my decision alone, the selections would have been different. If it had been someone else's decision alone, that person's selection would have been different. I think this was discussed in at least one previous thread. Also, the point about things being "listenable only once or twice" is a good one because all the time, there are people clamouring to hear new stuff, which is understandable, but once they do hear it, they realise that they don't need to hear it again - in other words, whatever you do, people are not satisfied.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat May 24, 2014 8:18 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Perhaps you could let TB know if there is another project coming up that he could work on. He has a lot of good ideas.

I would like to hear what they are. I get unsolicited suggestions all the time, although nothing that has not already been thought of.
The ideas I have that I haven't already suggested here, would never be submitted to you or any one else. Ideas are great but follow through is the tricky part, the track record shows an inability to follow through with quality product in a timely fashion.

Poor planning, insufficient budgets whatever the case is, as the saying goes... the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>Perhaps you could let TB know if there is another project coming up that he could work on. He has a lot of good ideas.

The ideas I have that I haven't already suggested here, would never be submitted to you or any one else. Ideas are great but follow through is the tricky part, the track record shows an inability to follow through with quality product in a timely fashion.

Poor planning, insufficient budgets whatever the case is, as the saying goes... the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Well...all ideas are not great but I will agree that in this case it is in the best interest of everybody that you keep your ideas to yourself.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Sat May 24, 2014 8:42 pm

My 5 cents:

I'm just happy that we finally get some vintage original ACG stuff served.
Sure, there is stuff out there that I would personally prefer to some of the footage that has come out, but that will probably (hopefully) surface later.

Again (personally), I would say that some of the Old School recordings (fi the SO with kids take) is not really what I cherise.
On the other hand, I love the studio talk about Glen, "the hardest working man in show biz" part. You just can't please everyone.

I know this is out of thread, but I didn't take it there.
I didn't make the theater show of SDAC in Copenhagen due to a tragic family death.
But I have ordered the deluxe edition, of course.

Can't wait 'till the "dressing room" footage from Toronto '72 is published, silence or not.

Erik
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat May 24, 2014 8:47 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:

Well...all ideas are not great but I will agree that in this case it is in the best interest of everybody that you keep your ideas to yourself.
Yes, we all know how offering an alternative pov upsets you. It may be best to use the ignore function

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat May 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Opinions don't upset me. Being called names doesn't upset me. Stupidity does upset me--but amuses me at the same time.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 24, 2014 10:30 pm

>Ideas are great but follow through is the tricky part, the track record shows an inability to follow through with quality product in a timely fashion.

Well, Brian Nelson isn't around to explain the delay in releasing "The Life And Crimes Of Alice Cooper" but if you were online during that time, you would have seen his explanations (but obviously you don't care about what logistical and other problems can happen in an industry that I'm pretty confident that your not part of). However, I think David McLees might be around, so maybe you can send him your concerns. Talking of "a timely manner" though, that came out in 1999 and it is now 2014, so maybe you should have been quicker to put in your complaints.

>Poor planning, insufficient budgets whatever the case is, as the saying goes... the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I agree. Welcome to the real world - work on what became "Anthology" by The Beatles began in 1971 and that was not released until 1995, since you mention a "timely manner"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 24, 2014 10:34 pm

>I'm just happy that we finally get some vintage original ACG stuff served.

You must be very weird because some people here are complaining!

>Sure, there is stuff out there that I would personally prefer to some of the footage that has come out, but that will probably (hopefully) surface later.

I agree. I have a few ideas.

>Again (personally), I would say that some of the Old School recordings (fi the SO with kids take) is not really what I cherise.

I don't disagree.

>On the other hand, I love the studio talk about Glen, "the hardest working man in show biz" part. You just can't please everyone.

Exactly.

>I didn't make the theater show of SDAC in Copenhagen due to a tragic family death.

I am sorry to hear that.

>Can't wait 'till the "dressing room" footage from Toronto '72 is published, silence or not.

You do see a little bit of it in the documentary. I think there was some in "Old School" but I'm not sure.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 24, 2014 10:35 pm

>Yes, we all know how offering an alternative pov upsets you.

More of that "ironing"! If there is anyone around here that sees the world through the narrowest terms of reference, well, you can guess how I would finish the sentence.